Getaway - Spa Haven Question...For those that have sailed in one..

js

Hi.

Im currently booked in a spa balcony on a slanted balcony. Im thisclose to calling tomorrow and upgrading to a Spa Haven, H9.

For those that have sailed in a Spa Haven cabin, did you find you had time to enjoy both the Haven and the spa? Ive sailed in the Haven before but never in a spa cabin. We spend most of our day in the Haven and nights after dinner outside the area.

Did you feel like you had to justify your time in both spa and Haven?

Also, Im sailing with my mom not my dh and wonder if we need to share the bed or if it can be seperated. If not, is there another place for me to sleep. If not no biggie but it would be nice.

Is one H9 better than another or are there any to avoid?

Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

which spa balacony is slanted/angeled??

14150 and 14750 both have a slightly larger angled balcony.

Ok, now looking again I question my first answer. I was using cruisedeckplans.com as my reference and they show them B9 cabin. After my post I went to NCL's site and looked and those cabins are listed as BA. First time I have seen this discrepancy. Sorry for the possible confusion.

Edited by pisenor

We have done 6 cruises with NCL now, and the spa is great and so is the Haven.

My DW and I are both early risers to we would usually get up and have a light breakfast in the haven, then shuffle over to the spa for our morning "soak, steam, and bake" as we like to call it. 10-15 minutes in the pool or hot tub, then another 10-15 in the sauna, Then 30 or so minutes on the tile loungers, and a shower in the locker rooms.

The best hour of the day as far as I am concerned.

Then up to the courtyard for a while to catch some sun and have a few drinks.

Back to Haven for lunch

Back to courtyard for more sun and drinks until we went to get ready for dinner or a show.

Repeat for entire cruise :)

You will love the spa. Also remember if you are a latitudes member you can get a discount on spa treatments on port days, up to 25% depending on what latitude level you are.

Keep in mind the spa also has great showers, with shampoo and conditioner for you as well. This came in very handy when my wife and I decided on a last minute inside room, with a small bathroom. I would take my toiletry bag back to the spa and shower there, leaving my wife in the room so she could have a little more space. You obviously will not have that issue in a haven bathroom though as they are larger.

The spa is also, in my opinion, one of the best "viewing" spots on the entire boat. Side to side, floor to ceiling windows give you a great vantage point. This is not so much of a big deal in the Caribbean, but in Alaska it was awesome.

For those that have sailed in a Spa Haven cabin, did you find you had time to enjoy both the Haven and the spa? Ive sailed in the Haven before but never in a spa cabin. We spend most of our day in the Haven and nights after dinner outside the area.

Did you feel like you had to justify your time in both spa and Haven?

Also, Im sailing with my mom not my dh and wonder if we need to share the bed or if it can be seperated. If not, is there another place for me to sleep. If not no biggie but it would be nice.

Is one H9 better than another or are there any to avoid?

Sailed n a H9 on Breakaway to Bermuda, with several sea days both the spa and Haven access were used a lot by us. The H9 has a King bed, I do not think it can be split like in the balcony cabin. There is no other place to sleep in the cabin. If the pole by the tub bothers you there is a thread by luckyinpa listing which cabins have one, just search "spa suite pole". Some of the H9's on the starboard side are under the fitness center.

our 1st cruise was in H9. we used the hot tub 2 times. used the thermal spa 2x and used the haven water features one time. bermuda really curtailed our usage:)

but the H9 is the cheapest way to the haven and i'm glad i did it. used the restaurant every day for bfast.

regarding poles i regret i didnt ask my butler or steward to get me this info. there are at least 2 cabins port i didnt have good info on. i did enjoy not having a pole in 14128 on BA

correct statement above that this is a true king bed. also there are reports of the treadmills starboard as mentioned above so i choose to not even risk it.

the spa did have great views and i'm told on sailway it's nice too.

all this being said, i dont think for me personally 199 separately would be worth the spa pass. ill tell you in a month when i sail in a balcony with no spa access...i hope

Thank you ALL so much!

We booked the H9 for February 26, cabin 14128 on the Getaway, since I didn't want a pole.

I was a little worried how we would split our time since we really enjoy being in the Haven during the day but LOVED the poster that said they ate breakfast in the Haven, went to spa in the morning, came back to Haven for lunch and remained there for the afternoon.

That sounds like heaven!

Thank you all so much!! So excited. Now I need to find out who the concierge is on the Getaway.

Thank you all!

Thank you ALL so much!

We booked the H9 for February 26, cabin 14128 on the Getaway, since I didn't want a pole.

I was a little worried how we would split our time since we really enjoy being in the Haven during the day but LOVED the poster that said they ate breakfast in the Haven, went to spa in the morning, came back to Haven for lunch and remained there for the afternoon.

That sounds like heaven!

Thank you all so much!! So excited. Now I need to find out who the concierge is on the Getaway.

Thank you all!

We are booked in the same room on the Jan 15th sailing IN ONLY 71 DAYS!!!!!!!:):):). if there wasn't so much time in between our sailings I would leave something in the room for you!

Thank you ALL so much!

That sounds like heaven!

Thank you all!

We will be cruising with you in a spa suite. We had a spa suite on the Escape and finally understood how nice it is to have the spa suite. 😄 Haven is amazing and spa is a bonus.

Packman, awww thats so nice! Please take lotsnof pictures and post them for us! Cannot wait!

ptuder, we love thhe Haven and now have the best of both worlds! What I did on BA was go to gym very early for about 90 minutes and then went to Haven for breakfast on my own. LOVED Edgar on BA in the restaurant. Anyway, then went back to cabin, showered, changed and waited for family to wake up (18 and 22 year olds take longer especially being out most of the night). DH usually up at 9 ish. Went for second breakfast, really didnt eat, and then spent time in Haven. This time, I love idea go to spa for relaxation and would be wonderful after my workouts and then Haven for lunch and hang out in afternoon.

Ill call concierge when I hit my mark unless I already have not sure need to look at my cruise planner and book my restaurants. Im dailing on Frbruary 26, is it time for me to contact concierge

Didnt tell my mom yet beds wont seperate lol. We will hust have to "rough it" lol.

Soooo excited.

Edited by js

We loved the Spa Suite. We spent mornings in the spa and afternoons in the Haven sunning. You won't go wrong either way. We had a pole room and it was fine not a problem at all. Loved the location close to spa and 1 flight up to Haven.

i also loved the lighting in the spa suite. unsure if every room has it or not but the control panel with 4 different settings was very cool. and of course the colors of the hot tub and under the nightstand

Thanks. I loved the lights too from looking at pictures. Im leaving my dh at home and its just my mom and I in this somewhat romantic looking room with tub and one bed lol

Thanks. I loved the lights too from looking at pictures. Im leaving my dh at home and its just my mom and I in this somewhat romantic looking room with tub and one bed lol

i forget their name but pretty sure someone else did this with their mom as well to get in the haven cheap and get the perks. they said the butler was very attentive to her moms needs.

i hope you have better luck with the AC being consistent. i kept the thing on the same temp but one day was cold. next was hot all at the same temp. wound up making room cold for night and putting on covers.