Speciality Restaurants on Equinox?

sheilb4

Hi all,

Any recent Equinox cruisers please confirm... I see Tuscan onboard website, but they also show Murano... on some ships Tuscan replaced Murano (very unfortunately) hope this didn't happen...😞

It also shows Bistro on 5, and Sushi on 5 which I know replaced Bo5.... I adore Murano so am hoping it is still an offering.... not been to a Silk Harvest either.

Please clarify for me what the speciality restaurants are, since Celebrity website is not updated and does not make it clear. Thanks so much

Edited by sheilb4

Murano's, Tuscan grill, Silk harvest and Sushi on 5. On previous cruise we really liked Tuscan grill but not so much on this cruise as did not think the new menu was as good as before. Otherwise we really enjoyed all of the specialty restaurants we preferred Silk harvest to Qsine.

It is most of the M class ships which are loosing their ''Murano" equivalent restaurants (Olympic, Normandie...).

Equinox has Murano's, Tuscan Grill and Silk Harvest. We have had great service and food in all three. Tuscan is great for sail always, Murano's for those special evenings and Silk for shared family style dining or a relaxing informal meal. Hope you enjoy.

Not experienced Sushi on 5 yet...

Vadell, Chemmo, thanks so much for your response...

I am so happy to hear this. Quisine was ok, but won't miss it and look forward to trying Silk Harvest. Don't care much for Tuscan, but am thrilled Murano is on there! Love their menu.i ate at sushi on 5 on Summit last month..... really nothing special. Very average quality sushi, limited sushi items, lots of noodle stuff so imho not worth experiencing again,,.. but Murano and Silk Harvest I am excited for... thanks again.

I would love opinions on which of the specialty restaurants on Equinox are worth the splurge and missing the main dining room. We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary. Hate to pay extra if the quality and experience are not that far above the already-included main dining room option but will to pay extra if they are!

We have sailed the last 2 Novembers, 2014 & 2015 on the Equinox and are booked again in 2017.

Murano and Tuscan are both wonderful as always.

We had a group of 12 from the Roll Call go to Silk Harvest, then 22 went in 2015, it was over the top GOOD! We already are setting up the group dinner for Nov 2017 there.

Now the one spot not mentioned is the GastroBar's Ala-Carte menu. Simply the best hamburger we have ever had on ship in 27+ years and across 7 different cruise lines! The mushroom flat bread blows the free pizza in the Oceanview off the ship too! Now this spot is by no means a stylish :rolleyes: dinning venue, but a wonderful beer pub, with a great small menu.

It has become our go to hang out on the Equinox.

FYI: We get a 3 or 5 night Specialty pkg, as IOHO the venues are well worth the added cost.

Edited by wallie5446

I would love opinions on which of the specialty restaurants on Equinox are worth the splurge and missing the main dining room. We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary. Hate to pay extra if the quality and experience are not that far above the already-included main dining room option but will to pay extra if they are!

Prior to this year would have said Muranos or Tuscan grill, we enjoyed the Silk Harvest this year but I was disappointed in the new menu at Tuscan grill so it would have to be Muranos for service and the food.

Food taste is very subjective. We were on the Equinox for 14 days in September, and ate in all of the specialty restaurants almost every day and have no complaints. We enjoyed all of them. We did not eat in the MDR at any time.:)

• 1 month later...
Do any of the specialty restaurants offer special pricing on embark day or any other time during the cruise??

Thank you.

They will offer 30% off the first evening. Sometimes other evenings; we've had offers delivered to cabin or extended by speciality restaurant staff while dining. The occurred as recently as 3 weeks ago.

Edited by sunpsyche
Clarity

Tuscan Grill, hands down, for special occasion. New menu, while it seems a bit limited, is excellent and if you are a steak lover, you MUST have the filet mignon. Calamari appetizer was also superb and the salad with fried goat cheese. Service on our recent cruise was impeccable; sommelier so-so but our waiter picked up the slack.

From our pre-dinner vantage post in Ensrmble Lounge, many guests heading into Murano, which still has the "name" and recognition although we have found it overpriced and lacking the personal, special touch as well as food and service quality. Just one person's opinion.

They were pushing "deals" (20-30% off) on Silk Harvest our entire cruise, and it does not appear to be popular. We did not eat there, but the menu seems quite ordinary Chinese food selections.

Special events in the main dining rooms, while not "intimate," are nonetheless well celebrated. Enjoy your cruise!

Just off the equinox....

First night is usually a 20% discount, sometimes offered even in advance of the cruise...or ask when you get on board. We ate at Tuscan....very disappointing menu, service and food. We spoke to many others on our cruise who felt the same way about Tuscan. Murano, on the other hand, was sold out and as good as always. Neither is worth the full price....especially if you order one of the additional up-charge steaks at Tuscan....but on most cruises, they will offer discounts on-board for the specialty restaurants. Or, you can just make an offer, as we did...I offered $30 for dinner at Tuscan and they countered with $32. That's still a very good discount.

Silk Harvest gets mixed reviews...some love it, some, like us, avoid it. The food is very much Americanized asian food served in a nice setting. If you are used to good Asian food as you find in most large cities these days, you may be disappointed in the food....sort of like PF Chang, but not as good.

My recommendation, obviously, is Murano and unless you want a specific night/time, book it on board, hoopefully at a discount.

"Tuscan Grill, hands down, for special occasion. New menu, while it seems a bit limited, is excellent and if you are a steak lover"

"We ate at Tuscan....very disappointing menu, service and food."

Food is so subjective, we had the UDP on our Equinox cruise 3 weeks ago. We enjoyed Tuscan so much, we ate dinner there 5 times and lunch once. Goran was our waiter and service was superb. We love the new menu!