Drinks packages confusion

groovechick

If you booked an inside or a guarantee cabin, then you wouldn't qualify for the beverage package as a perk. Unsure what you've reserved? The 18% gratuity on every drink is additional to the daily service charge.

Repricing on a UK booking is totally different than those reserved in the US. On UK bookings, you will lose your deposit by repricing, not so in the States. Only pointing this out so that you are aware of the differences ;).

Thank you. I'm rather confused about Celebrity as it seems very different to P&O, we are looking forward to it though. Is there a list of bar prices anywhere so I can figure if it's worth purchasing a package?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Price lists are on the web. In a nutshell if you can live with basic wine beer and spirits go with the classic. If you want martinis decent champagne better beers and liquor go with premium. We're on vacation we choose premium without hesitation. Gets you better waters and coffee too

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you. I'm rather confused about Celebrity as it seems very different to P&O, we are looking forward to it though. Is there a list of bar prices anywhere so I can figure if it's worth purchasing a package?

You can do a search on this thread for "bar menus" or check out the Preisman's travel blog (http://www.thepreismans.com)- they include menus on all of their sailings, which will give you and idea about the various drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and their costs.

Cheers,

Thanks folks. A classic package for one of us will be £340 for 9 nights. With a cruise that's mostly port stops with one sea day. I've got the soda package for the teens but still in a dilemma re the package for us as that would be £680, seems a lot to me for alcohol! I need to be hangover free to enjoy the places we plan on visiting, but do love a glass of wine or two and a G&T! Ho hum

Thanks folks. A classic package for one of us will be £340 for 9 nights. With a cruise that's mostly port stops with one sea day. I've got the soda package for the teens but still in a dilemma re the package for us as that would be £680, seems a lot to me for alcohol! I need to be hangover free to enjoy the places we plan on visiting, but do love a glass of wine or two and a G&T! Ho hum

Unfortunately only you can decide if it's "for you" or not.

Celebrity charge $65 a day for classic package which limits you to just a few off of the total selection of wines available, Pinot Grigio, Cab Sav, etc.

So if you're happy with those and stick to 4 a day, youre gonna come out in front. If you drink more, take the package. You can always take the package part way through for temaining days?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

It is good that Celebrity lets you buy drink package part way through the cruise. Princess makes you buy for complete cruise.

You can also upgrade the Classic to Premium by paying $11.80 for remaining days.

We are on our first Celebrity cruise in March and chose Classic as a perk but expect to upgrade to Premium and use On Board Credit to pay for it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2419168&page=24

This link shows the Opus Wine list - notice very few at $9 - the limit for Classic. Beer at $6 is standard US beers, Budweiser etc. only 'Import' was Heineken. Stella, Sam Adams etc. are all above $6. I think Tanqueray G&T would be $8 so would fit Classic.

I thought the Go Big / Go Better / Go Best was a standard Celebrity pricing model and not a periodic promotion. So don't understand how TA would miss this - unless things are different in UK.

Choosing one of the above options would be an 'upgrade'. Does UK force you to lose deposit and re-book to do an upgrade ?

I'd call TA and Celebrity to see what can be done.

It is good that Celebrity lets you buy drink package part way through the cruise. Princess makes you buy for complete cruise.

You can also upgrade the Classic to Premium by paying $11.80 for remaining days.

We are on our first Celebrity cruise in March and chose Classic as a perk but expect to upgrade to Premium and use On Board Credit to pay for it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2419168&page=24

This link shows the Opus Wine list - notice very few at $9 - the limit for Classic. Beer at $6 is standard US beers, Budweiser etc. only 'Import' was Heineken. Stella, Sam Adams etc. are all above $6. I think Tanqueray G&T would be $8 so would fit Classic.

I thought the Go Big / Go Better / Go Best was a standard Celebrity pricing model and not a periodic promotion. So don't understand how TA would miss this - unless things are different in UK.

Choosing one of the above options would be an 'upgrade'. Does UK force you to lose deposit and re-book to do an upgrade ?

I'd call TA and Celebrity to see what can be done.

Repositioning cruises (TA and Transpacific) Have never had the BBB pricing. I have a January 22, 2018 southern Caribbean cruise on the Eclipse that also does not have the BBB pricing and they usually do. Not sure why it does not.