Pre-purchase Internet or Wait?

Cruising Gal

Hello!

Do you think it is a better value to pre-purchase an internet package, where they say that you are getting bonus minutes, or wait until on board? Do they offer a better package on board?

Thanks in advance!

First, where is your cruise? You may be able to take advantage of free wi-fi when in port.

Also, as I recall, most ships offer a bonus if a package is booked the first day onboard.

First, where is your cruise? You may be able to take advantage of free wi-fi when in port.

Also, as I recall, most ships offer a bonus if a package is booked the first day onboard.

If I recall correctly -- and it's entirely possible that I don't -- the bonus minutes offered on the first day of the cruise aren't as plentiful as the bonus minutes you get for prepurchasing.

Don't forget that if you are Platinum or higher in the Captain's Circle, you'll get free internet minutes.

You get 10% bonus minutes if you purchase on board the first two days of the cruise (no bonus after that).

Pre-cruise you get 20% bonus minutes.

Above is for the 100 minutes (+ bonus) and 200 minute (+ bonus) packages.

[...]one less thing to deal with once onboard.

While your minutes may be paid for, you still have to enter your cabin number & date of birth and set up a password when you log on for the first time. If you haven't prepaid the only thing to "deal with" is to click a single radio button to choose which plan you wish to charge to your onboard account.

There have simply been too many stories on here of having to enlist the help of the Internet Centre manager (always the brightest ray of sunshine among the crew :rolleyes:) when the prepaid package fails to show upon registration for me to risk taking the time that that "deal with" would consume just for double bonus minutes.

When I pre-purchased my minutes for the last cruise, I received an extra 60 for the 400 minute plan. There was also bonus minutes offered when I signed on for the first time but I cannot remember what they were.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Absolutely, do the pre-purchase of the internet minutes. It's one of the few pre-purchase items that either have a bonus or is less costly than while on board.

If your voyage is next year, I would also pre-purchase the gratuity at today's rate and save a couple of $$ to use for other things like adult beverages.