Hairy Question

voyager70

OK I admit I'm embarrassed to post this but it will help resolve a feud between my GF & me. I'm 35 in good shape with a very hairy chest. GF loves it, but, while it doesn't bother me, the societal trend now is for guys to shave or wax their chests if they're really hairy (BTW - I'm talking chest hair - no back hair here LOL!) Our next cruise is less than a month & I need to make a decision soon. Any input from ladies or guys in the same situation would be great. Thanks !

If you and g/f are fine with it, don't sweat it. Besides, it is high maintenance. You will be more conscientious of your physique if it is "uncovered". You really have to be buff to carry off a shaved chest. I will be on the Majesty of the Seas celebrating 20 years of marriage (41 yr old couple) and the last thing on my mind will be hair on my husband's chest. Have a great time on your cruise!

Speaking from experience HERE!!! Beware, its almost a once you do it...you will never go back sort of thing...so it will become a life long commitment!!! I mean....you could go back...but I have just never wanted to live through the experience of it all growing back...itchy, drive you insane....who knows...maybe not?!?! But put it this way...I shaved all of my chest hair off when I was 25...and rather buff....I'm now 37...and still shaving my chest EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!! (Still fairly buff though...but who cares).

Here's the deal though...Pros, I definitely think it looks better, and personally I love it...its cooler - temperature wise....and just feels much better to me...but that's about it for the Pros!

Cons - This adds a fair amount of time to my showers...EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! I also shave my face in the shower....I get in...and shave it all...and my "GUY" shower...(you know...men are supposed to be fast)...but my guy shower....takes about 20 minutes EVERY DAY!!! Also its gets stubbley...pretty fast!!! Not to get to personnel here...or gross anyone out...but sure...your skin is pretty darned smooth when you first shave - in the morning - but by that night...say even...10 pm or so....(of course regrowth times vary)...but by that night...you will be getting kinda prickly...and if you and your wife/girl friend...are fooling around...your pokey, scratchy chest...won't feel too hot...against her skin!!! Or...imagine the pokey or scratchy-ness...say...first thing in the morning...before you have gotten up and showered...and shaved...for 20 minutes! You will be scratchy. The girl friend may INSIST that you grow it back....enjoy the pain!!!

Those are the real pros and cons...from a 12 year veteran....like I said...I still shave mine...and don't know WHEN I will let it grow back....I'll probably face this at some point....cause I don't see a 75 year old man shaving his chest....but my decision at 25...changed my life forever! Kinda like getting a tattoo!!!

I will say though...that I DON'T REGRET IT AT ALL...I still do it...everyday...and I enjoy it...and my wife...puts up with me...but it is NOT, everything that you would think!!!!

Maxax OMG don't think I could put up with all that maintenance! I mean it takes me 20 mins to get my hair messed up & spiked every day w/o having to worry about the shaving ! Guess I'll have to live with being the way God made me (minus a little chest trim ;) ) Peace all :D

As someone said, Queer Eye for the Straight Guys says NO!!! Take it from a gay man. There is no reason to do it. Just keep it nice and trimmed and make sure you do have any stray growth poking out of the top of your shirt. Just leave it. Everyone has their own taste, and as long as the love of your life doesn't mind it, you are ok. And if she didn't like it, I would say find a new one anyway.

FitzLA it sounds like the Queer Eye is the way to go - keep it trimmed & neat. I think I can handle that! Thanks all & happy cruising - Voyager aft here we come :) !!

Have a great cruise on Voyager. We are in a corner aft on Freedom. 1st time in aft for us. Enjoy!! And remember...be proud of who you are!

Archived