free stuff in nassau?

luckyinpa

To be honest I really hated Nassau and felt really unsafe there, I tried to just get off and go for a walk and regretted it immediately. Sorry to be such a downer!! But it's on my worse cruise ports list.. http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2016/11/02/worst-cruise-ports-5-ports-which-i-would-not-return-to/

I would recommend that you definitely try and organise something and don't just wing it like I tried too... (I hate writing such a negative post, sorry again!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To be honest I really hated Nassau and felt really unsafe there, I tried to just get off and go for a walk and regretted it immediately. Sorry to be such a downer!! But it's on my worse cruise ports list.. http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2016/11/02/worst-cruise-ports-5-ports-which-i-would-not-return-to/

I would recommend that you definitely try and organise something and don't just wing it like I tried too... (I hate writing such a negative post, sorry again!)

my friend is blind and something tells me with twins in tow we would make quite the interesting walk. she could just hit them with her stick. oops..sorry didnt know you were there:eek:

it sucks if its really that bad. she really said no desire to get off the ship any of the 3 ports . i'm not worried about florida or even the private island but i thought it would be neat to go to another country. sounds like i'd be disappointed after bermuda last month

my friend is blind and something tells me with twins in tow we would make quite the interesting walk. she could just hit them with her stick. oops..sorry didnt know you were there:eek:

it sucks if its really that bad. she really said no desire to get off the ship any of the 3 ports . i'm not worried about florida or even the private island but i thought it would be neat to go to another country. sounds like i'd be disappointed after bermuda last month

Ahh yes I also have been to Bermuda and it was 1000x nicer. At least you already know so won't expect too much ha ha... I'm sure it is okay if you have something to do there, I just felt completely unsafe and hounded by people trying to sell me stuff/get me in their taxi 24/7!

We've been to Nassau several times, and while it may not be the favorite of some, there are plenty of things to do.

There is a self walking tour that you visit the Queen's staircase and the Supreme Court as well as several other attractions that is completely free. A quick internet search will give you all need to know in that regard.

We did the pirate museum and enjoyed it. Its a little overpriced for what you get, though.

Our favorite thing to do is simply take a right once you get out of the market and head west to Junkanoo beach. Bring some towels and just enjoy a day there. If money is a huge deal, pack a sandwich and bottle of water before you leave the ship.

You can also get some pretty good local seafood from the vendors near the beach. Its not really expensive. Just past Junkanoo beach is the Fish Fry. Lots of good food there for about the same as the beachside vendors.

I've always felt that your vacation can be as good or bad as you want to make it. Hope you have a great cruise.

Edited by SurfCat

We've been to Nassau several times, and while it may not be the favorite of some, there are plenty of things to do.

There is a self walking tour that you visit the Queen's staircase and the Supreme Court as well as several other attractions that is completely free. A quick internet search will give you all need to know in that regard.

We did the pirate museum and enjoyed it. Its a little overpriced for what you get, though.

Our favorite thing to do is simply take a right once you get out of the market and head west to Junkanoo beach. Bring some towels and just enjoy a day there. If money is a huge deal, pack a sandwich and bottle of water before you leave the ship.

You can also get some pretty good local seafood from the vendors near the beach. Its not really expensive. Just past Junkanoo beach is the Fish Fry. Lots of good food there for about the same as the beachside vendors.

I've always felt that your vacation can be as good or bad as you want to make it. Hope you have a great cruise.

You are not allowed to take unpackaged food off of the ship - just eat a good breakfast.

It's against the law in the Bahamas to bring unpackaged food off of the ship.

Thank ya there Cliffy . . . and you got your Bahamian law degree where?

To the OP: pm me before you go. If you take a sandwich off of the boat and are locked up for it, I will personally fly down there to defend you. I actually am an attorney.

To the OP: pm me before you go. If you take a sandwich off of the boat and are locked up for it, I will personally fly down there to defend you. I actually am an attorney.

There are signs which clearly state you can't take food off of the ship. Sure, you can be an ignorant jerk and sneak it of, possibly endangering the local ecosystem in order to save a couple bucks, but most choose not to bend the rules, and support the local economy.

As a local, I'm telling you that it IS against the law to take food ofd the ship except those items that are manufacturer sealed. (like chips, granola bars, mini cereal boxes etc. ) If found it will be thrown out by security. (the US has similar laws)

It's an environmental issue, please respect your host countries rules and laws.

There are signs which clearly state you can't take food off of the ship. Sure, you can be an ignorant jerk and sneak it of, possibly endangering the local ecosystem in order to save a couple bucks, but most choose not to bend the rules, and support the local economy.

Something told me that you'd be the type to resort to name calling when your authority was questioned.