LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas! - Nov 12, 2016/ 8 night Eastern Caribbean

ckrobyn

Hey Jim [emoji4]Thanks for your kind words, I am really enjoying this cruise and the opportunity to report LIVE. Unfortunately the weather was quite touch and go in the morning, it was raining on and off, so we decided to forgo the day pass to the Marriott. We are back in St. Kitts in February so probably will try again!

As for Chops, I personally really want to go, but the others in my group are not so keen.....looks like that will have to wait until February as well.

I'm really enjoying today, just lazing around (literally on my bed) watching the world sail by......pure bliss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally understandable :) We are obviously doing the sunshine and beautiful weather dance for Dec. 15th hahaha but no matter what we'll be getting married in paradise so what will be will be! Your description of lazing around watching the world sail by is precisely why I love sea days. There's something deeply relaxing about seeing nothing but ocean and then six hours later it's still nothing but ocean!! Love it. Thank you for the reply and enjoy. Jim

See? Who's counting down? LOL and I'm still onboard!

9fb6cf70e8d65d53b0d7e7bba0c7d7e1.png

I'll be on that sailing with you and I'm DEFINITELY counting down!!

Awesome! It'll be another fantastic cruise I'm sure !![emoji41]

For all you Seinfeld fans... "The sea was angry that day"!

I was just on Freedom a few weeks ago. I didn't realize they added a driving range up there behind the Flowrider... ;-)

This will be my first time in Oasis class and I am nervously looking forward to it. I really enjoy Freedom class, so I'm hoping I won't be too overwhelmed with the size difference!

Just wait until you get to experience the Aqua Theater. It is amazing.

Here are the changes in the Shiitake menu:

Broiled Salmon removed from the classics menu.

Shrimp Cocktail removed from starters.

Veal Scaloppine Oscar with Crab meat is replaced with the Breaded Pork Chop.

Roasted Rack of Lamb is removed from the menu. Don't like this being gone.

I also think the Gyoza dumplings were not shrimp before. I usually have them every sailing and I do not eat shrimp so I would not have ordered them. I last sailed on Liberty at the end of August and I had 2 servings for dinner. Unless they also have them another evening?

I am joining the chorus of "THANK YOU" for the great live review! It makes this Canadian girl even more impatient to get her butt on the ship next Saturday! I am disappointed in the MDR menu changes as that is pretty much the only place we eat. I emailed the cruise line to let them know my displeasure - it will save me from having to remember when I get back. I will just have to have a few more cocktails with my meal to help me forget what I am missing out on :)

I also think the Gyoza dumplings were not shrimp before. I usually have them every sailing and I do not eat shrimp so I would not have ordered them. I last sailed on Liberty at the end of August and I had 2 servings for dinner. Unless they also have them another evening?

The gyoza are most definitely shrimp....

673ab25632b2665a8c348aa5d4158095.jpg

Edited by ckrobyn

Did they have the silent disco? Haven't seen it on the compasses. My friends did it last week and said it was so much fun.

Yes, the silent disco was on Wednesday night after the Love and Marriage Show. Casey actually announced it after the show was over. I didn't attend, although I overheard some people who did and they had a great time! [emoji3]

As we all know, there have been substantial changes to the MDR dinner menu, which, to many of us future cruisers, does not sit well compared to what was presented in the past.

One relative, now on the TA cruise, Emerald, just landed in Boston on the way to NYC,Port Canaveral,Miami called with his report. While FOS remains a great ship, the food in the MDR is not up to snuff. Most of their dining was in the Windjammer, which had better choices than the MDR. The mattress was hard but if you were able to obtain a pillow top, all went well.

While the ship is beautiful and well appointed, the food selections were sub par.

"RCCL, why did you make such blunders. You are chasing loyal members away from future sailings."

Not my sayings, but from someone still onboard.

Hi , really enjoying your live review. thank you! My DW and I are booked 3/4 doing the same itinerary. I was wondering if you could take a snap shot of the new deck lounge chairs? I would love to give my wife a preview. that was one of our biggest issues. I did notice they still have the chairs with the straps on the balcony's. hopefully they are next to go..thank you again!!

I know trivial question, but trying to get my budget in order for next week. The only "gambling" I partake in is bingo. HA! I saw your win a cruise cards, what is the price point of the game?

Not trivial at all - you need to know if you want to play!

There are 2 packages to choose from, paper only which is 6 cards will cost $38, and the machine, plus 6 paper cards equals a total of 42 cards in all, and includes a Bingo T-shirt will cost $69. I don't normally play bingo at all, but since it was cloudy, and I was inside..... [emoji4] The unfortunate news is that I didn't win [emoji35].

Edited by ckrobyn

My menu from March 2015 shows Shrimp Gyoza.

Hi , really enjoying your live review. thank you! My DW and I are booked 3/4 doing the same itinerary. I was wondering if you could take a snap shot of the new deck lounge chairs? I would love to give my wife a preview. that was one of our biggest issues. I did notice they still have the chairs with the straps on the balcony's. hopefully they are next to go..thank you again!!

Here's a pic, hope this helps? They are really comfy [emoji106]

7986f4c1f7457c97444ccb5e87cff2a6.jpg

I noticed that the hallways were full of loungers either in St. Martin or St. Kitts. Don't remember which.

They were being switched out.

As for the chairs, I still have the old ones on my balcony.

71a7ebbc7506bf5c532fb7cdb972bbda.jpg

Stole this image from another thread "All things Freedom"

Loving this Live review. We are sailing March 18 and I can't wait to show your pics to others going with us that are newbies so excited!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by candicane0104