Question on connecting cabin Riviera

mariners

We will be sailing Oceania for the first time next summer. We are taking our granddaughters and have booked connecting cabins (7062 and 7064). I have looked at the fabulous albums of Riviera photographs, but cannot see any adjoining cabins. As well, I have not had any luck searching the internet for information.

I am trying to figure out where the door between the two cabins will be located and the ease of keeping the doors open while we are onboard the ship.

For those of you who have concerns about children onboard, I have read many threads on Oceania not being a "child friendly" line. We are sailing with an 18 year old and a 14 year old. It is a port intensive itinerary so we will be in port every day. They have sailed with us on Regent (multi-generational family sailing which was perfect for the whole group); Princess and Celebrity (as their personalities at the time made those ships a better choice); and, now, we are hoping that Oceania will be a great experience, too.

Thank you for any assistance you could give to us.

Unfortunately I cannot answer your question about the connecting doors but you may want to look at some beautiful pictures and descriptions of Riviera here:

http://www.thepreismans.com/riviera_mayan.htm

and here:

http://www.thepreismans.com/riviera16.htm

Hopefully someone will have the actual answer for you.

Enjoy your first - and hopefully not last - Oceania cruise.

Edited by Paulchili

We will be sailing Oceania for the first time next summer. We are taking our granddaughters and have booked connecting cabins (7062 and 7064). I have looked at the fabulous albums of Riviera photographs, but cannot see any adjoining cabins. As well, I have not had any luck searching the internet for information.

I am trying to figure out where the door between the two cabins will be located and the ease of keeping the doors open while we are onboard the ship.

For those of you who have concerns about children onboard, I have read many threads on Oceania not being a "child friendly" line. We are sailing with an 18 year old and a 14 year old. It is a port intensive itinerary so we will be in port every day. They have sailed with us on Regent (multi-generational family sailing which was perfect for the whole group); Princess and Celebrity (as their personalities at the time made those ships a better choice); and, now, we are hoping that Oceania will be a great experience, too.

Thank you for any assistance you could give to us.

Almost anyone who has sailed in an Oceania standard cabin will be familiar with the full length mirror, which is typically hung opposite the foot of the bed.

concierge-level-veranda-stateroom-REG-sm.jpg

In cabins which adjoin, the door takes the place of that mirror, and when it is open (they lock in the open position, up next to the wall) the beds in the two cabins appear to be opposite one another. If one of those cabins is set up with twin beds, the open space appears top be quite large.

A supplementary full length mirror is installed in the adjoining cabins, but where they are hung varies.

i was thinking along the same lines as Jim that mirror would be where the door will be

but in the hallway across from the washroom on the o class ships

http://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/riviera-607/deluxe-ocean-view-stateroom-311058/deluxe-ocean-view-stateroom--v14123611/

The deck plan shows the lines for connecting closer tothe cabin entry door

I have never been in a connecting cabin so it is just a guess on my part

I do not recall the large mirror at the end of the bed on the O class ships

here is a recent photo

http://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/riviera-607/deluxe-ocean-view-stateroom-311058/deluxe-ocean-view-stateroom--v14125215/

Edited by LHT28

Paulchili, thanks for posting those links. What a fabulous wealth of information!

JimandStan and LHT28, Thank you for posting the photograph with your explanations for the possible location of the doors. We have sailed with connecting doors like that before and know they will be fine.