Delta sky club questions

Arwen

Hi All!

Well, trying to tie up last minute details. On our return to the Miami Port, will get transportation to Ft. Lauderdale for our late afternoon, early evening flight home.

We have a lot of time to waste from the time we get off the ship until our flight departs at 6 p.m.

I see that there is a Delta Sky Lounge at the Ft. Lauderdale airport and we have Alaska Air tickets. I know that Delta is one of their partners.

I could not find exact details, but I need to know if we can use the Delta lounge (the info implies that we can) for whatever the day pass fee is.

And secondly, what is the cost of the day pass fee? I could not find that info (overloaded as I am still packing and going nutz here!)

Thank you!

The regular day pass is $59 per person. If you have one of the Delta branded Amex cards they will discount the cost per person. The amount of the discount depends on the card. They can tell you at the check in desk at the club!

Thanks for the quick response!

The regular day pass is $59 per person. If you have one of the Delta branded Amex cards they will discount the cost per person. The amount of the discount depends on the card. They can tell you at the check in desk at the club!

Not sure about the one on in that airport but have been in a handful on international flights. Free drinks, small snack buffet, comfy seats. Certainly better than the regular airport area but for $59 pp have you looked into doing a post cruise excursion? Believe they have ones that go to both airports and will hold your luggage for. Just sounds like a more fun way to spend the day to me.

I'm a frequent delta sky club member on international flights but have never used Sc Lounge in FLL. However; I believe at FLL the sky club is past the first security checkpoint. Not a problem except in fLL they won't let you past the first security checkpoint until 2 hours before your flight which would not solve your extra time issue. I could be entirely wrong on this, as I've never used sky club in FLL, but i would recommend checking it out in deltas site to double check.

Hope that helps avoid surprises :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi All!

Well, trying to tie up last minute details. On our return to the Miami Port, will get transportation to Ft. Lauderdale for our late afternoon, early evening flight home.

We have a lot of time to waste from the time we get off the ship until our flight departs at 6 p.m.

I see that there is a Delta Sky Lounge at the Ft. Lauderdale airport and we have Alaska Air tickets. I know that Delta is one of their partners.

I could not find exact details, but I need to know if we can use the Delta lounge (the info implies that we can) for whatever the day pass fee is.

And secondly, what is the cost of the day pass fee? I could not find that info (overloaded as I am still packing and going nutz here!)

Thank you!

I just did this, this past Monday at FLL. I checked in with Delta at 8:30am, went through TSA, no problems, and went to the Delta Sky Club. My Delta flight was at 3:50pm.

If you have an AE card (I have a Delta card so not sure about other AE cards) the fee for the day pass is $29 per person, otherwise it is $59.

I happened to ask about using the club if flying on other airlines and the person said no, they no longer allow it because it would get very crowded. Now, we did not discuss partner airlines.

IMHO it would be worth an ask if on a Delta partner airline. Good luck! :)

To add to that, we fly in and out if FLL one time with a mid afternoon flight with delta. The line to check in was crazy long and they only let people drop off luggage 2 hours before your flight, so we ended up spending a couple hours sitting in the lobby waiting. We usually fly with carry on only so don't know if that is typical or not.

I just did this, this past Monday at FLL. I checked in with Delta at 8:30am, went through TSA, no problems, and went to the Delta Sky Club. My Delta flight was at 3:50pm.

If you have an AE card (I have a Delta card so not sure about other AE cards) the fee for the day pass is $29 per person, otherwise it is $59.

I happened to ask about using the club if flying on other airlines and the person said no, they no longer allow it because it would get very crowded. Now, we did not discuss partner airlines.

IMHO it would be worth an ask if on a Delta partner airline. Good luck! :)

That is really odd that our experiences were so much different. I positively was not allowed to check luggage or go through TSA (and I'm pre-check authorized) until 2 hours prior to my flight much like Sanger. I wonder if it is different on cruise days? Hope the OP has better luck than me :)