Trans Pacific Beverage Pkg discounts?

Champagne Cruiser

We will be sailing on the Solstice from Sydney to Honolulu in April. Celebrity has succeeded in hooking us on the "free" beverage packages which they do not offer on repo cruises. We cannot justify the full price of the beverage package since for us it's really more the convenience of not having to think about and track every purchase of water, coffee, wine, beer, juice, etc. Has anyone who has taken this repo experienced a discount on the beverage packages? Can you sign up halfway through the cruise? We are really excited about this cruise and are now down to the nitty gritty planning stage.

Thank you for any insights you can provide.

We did the Honolulu to Sydney cruise in September and a few weeks before we sailed they were offering discounts on the drinks packages and on board when I was standing near a bar looking at the drinks listings the barman told me they were offering 20 percent off but this wasn't advertised anywhere that I could see. I think it depends on how many they have sold.

On our recent TA we had 7 sea days at the end of the cruise. They started advertising in the daily that if you purchased the drink package you would get 1 day free (only pay for 6 days). On this cruise as well Celebrity was offering 30% off drink packages when purchased in advance, however, I think this was only running a couple months before the cruise and then they stopped.

Hope you have good luck with getting a discount!

Go to my Celebrity and log in to your cruise. Celebrity is offering 20 percent off on selected precruise purchases from Dec (I think) through mid April. We were able to buy beverage packages at 20 percent off for our April 16 2016 Transatlantic on the Eclipse.

There were no "20 percent off" sale banners when I bought them but the price for a classic beverage package was 44 plus 18% gratuities and the premium package was 52 plus 18%. I think the classic and premium wine packages were also discounted 20 percent, but I am not certain what the prices were before the 72 hour sale that runs through tomorrow.

Go to my Celebrity and log in to your cruise. Celebrity is offering 20 percent off on selected precruise purchases from Dec (I think) through mid April. We were able to buy beverage packages at 20 percent off for our April 16 2016 Transatlantic on the Eclipse.

There were no "20 percent off" sale banners when I bought them but the price for a classic beverage package was 44 plus 18% gratuities and the premium package was 52 plus 18%. I think the classic and premium wine packages were also discounted 20 percent, but I am not certain what the prices were before the 72 hour sale that runs through tomorrow.

The sale is for Caribbean cruises.

Thank you for your responses. Here's hoping for some type of discount, or even the ability to buy the package halfway through the cruise would be nice.

We are on this cruise and in the same position. We have bought Shipboard credit, because we got a better rate of dollars per pound than we could get elsewhere.

We had a free Classic drink package in July on our Baltic cruise, which we upgraded to a Premium drinks package for £128. To buy the Premium drinks package for this cruise would cost us over £2000. A considerable amount.

We will wait to see if there are any offers.

Pamela

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On our recent TA we had 7 sea days at the end of the cruise. They started advertising in the daily that if you purchased the drink package you would get 1 day free (only pay for 6 days). On this cruise as well Celebrity was offering 30% off drink packages when purchased in advance, however, I think this was only running a couple months before the cruise and then they stopped.

Hope you have good luck with getting a discount!

Thank you for your responses. Here's hoping for some type of discount, or even the ability to buy the package halfway through the cruise would be nice.

Chicagopaul is right on for the TA.

You can be confident that you will be able to buy the package halfway through your Transpacific cruise.

Enjoy your cruise.

I was recently on the Vancouver to Honolulu trip and originally was told it wasn't eligible for the go big drink package, come to find out it was. It was considered a Hawaiian cruise. Make sure yours is not like that. I do think the next leg of ours from Honolulu to Sydney was not eligible.

We booked this trip while on board. We received some OBC but were told it was not eligible for a beverage package and right now AQ is sold out and Concierge is double the price since we booked when it first came out.

AQ was £4000 more than we paid last week when a guarantee cabin became available for a few hours.

We upgraded to an S1 and when one became available at the weekend it was £3500 more than we paid.

This cruise does not have the low prices that are sometimes on a TA and therefore cost cannot justify why there isn't a beverage package included. However, I appreciate that the number of sea days would figure in Celebrity's cost versus profit calculation.

Roll on next April [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I believe you can purchase the drink package mid cruise up until last 4 days. Just head to any bar and they will assist. Can't comment on the discounting - we did the same cruise in 2014 and paid full price. Much prefer getting it as a perk, but we did consider it good value overall ! Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk