Best beach within walking distance

screamin400

Not looking to do an excursion here as we have them at other stops. Just looking for a little shopping and some beach time. I have read that some of the beaches are within walking distance? Possibly a little snorkeling just off of the beach. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree with the water taxi to Klein Bonaire suggestion. It's just a couple of minutes from the pier and then a 10 minute trip over to Klein Bonaire. I don't think there are any facilities there but it is a nice beach with calm water and good snorkeling.

I agree with the water taxi to Klein Bonaire suggestion. It's just a couple of minutes from the pier and then a 10 minute trip over to Klein Bonaire. I don't think there are any facilities there but it is a nice beach with calm water and good snorkeling.

Is there any where along the way to grab a snack and a few bottles of water?

Is there any where along the way to grab a snack and a few bottles of water?

Water taxi departs from a bar, so you can grab water and snacks/food from them. Water taxi sells water and beer as well and they go back and forth all day long between main land and the island.

The beach at Klein Bonaire is totally without facilities, chairs, umbrellas, etc.

The Plaza is where my wife goes while I snorkle. I then meet her there afterward. This an artificial sandy beach and water shoes are recommended there and at all other beaches there. About $10 per person gets you a couple of loungers a palapa and a drink. A small snack and drink bar or a more elaborate buffet is available at additional cost.

About 10-minute walk. Off the ship and turn right and continue along a Main Street. Might have to wait a few minutes to get in because you will be at an employee entrance right next to water sports shack where you can pay for the entrance fee.

• 3 weeks later...
The beach at Klein Bonaire is totally without facilities, chairs, umbrellas, etc.

The Plaza is where my wife goes while I snorkle. I then meet her there afterward. This an artificial sandy beach and water shoes are recommended there and at all other beaches there. About $10 per person gets you a couple of loungers a palapa and a drink. A small snack and drink bar or a more elaborate buffet is available at additional cost.

About 10-minute walk. Off the ship and turn right and continue along a Main Street. Might have to wait a few minutes to get in because you will be at an employee entrance right next to water sports shack where you can pay for the entrance fee.

If we aren't interested in facilities but just the nicest beach would you recommend the Plaza or Klein Bonaire as the prettiest place?

Thanks!

It is against their laws to conduct any commercial business on the protected island of Klein Bonnaire. Soooo, if you want a beach without chairs, umbrellas, refreshments, restrooms, virtually no natural shade, etc. then Klein Bonnaire will meet your needs. You can get drinks and snacks from the water taxi, I understand. I have seen this rather narrow but long beach many times from the Woodwind Tours catamaran and decided that it is not for me although snorkeling is reported to be good or excellent.

Note I said it is not for ME/US. Other people like it. Some love it, otherwise there would be no water taxi going there.

(Subject to change without notice, your mileage may differ, objects closer than they appear. :D)

Edited by tinybabynurse