Specialty Dining on Christmas Eve/Day

mit01

Has anyone ever been to Chops or Giovanni's on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? The charge for Giovanni's is $75.00 per person and I was wondering if it's worth the extra $40.00.

Thank you.

I have been on several Christmas cruises and have never had to pay more in the specialty restaurants - and I always made reservations for Christmas day in one of the two... I wonder when they started that? where are you getting those prices?

Has anyone ever been to Chops or Giovanni's on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? The charge for Giovanni's is $75.00 per person and I was wondering if it's worth the extra $40.00.

Thank you.

As it only started this year no one has any idea if there is a special menu that "may be worth more". We have travelled over Christmas over the past 5 yeas and have always dined in the specialty restaurants on those days however I would not pay those prices.

You do get a glass of champagne and a one-bite appetizer... How about party hats? Noise makers? Commemorative coin? Stuffed bear that says "Royal Caribbean"? I see this posted for my 12/26/16 sailing, and am interested but not yet convinced.

I very much enjoy the Chef's Table, but this doesn't appear to be the same thing. And I suspect MDR will do it up for New Year's Eve anyway, somehow.

I have been on several Christmas cruises and have never had to pay more in the specialty restaurants - and I always made reservations for Christmas day in one of the two... I wonder when they started that? where are you getting those prices?[/QU

This is what shows up when you go to reserve on line.

OVERVIEW

Ring in the holiday at Giovanni's Table with a merry mouthwatering fine-dining experience. Toast friends and family with a glass of champagne and an amuse-bouche. Then enjoy one of our signature main courses from the full menu of traditional Italian cuisine or a special holiday lobster tail. The meal is complete with a selection of petits fours - making your holiday a Specialty one.

I have been on several Christmas cruises and have never had to pay more in the specialty restaurants - and I always made reservations for Christmas day in one of the two... I wonder when they started that? where are you getting those prices?[/QU

OVERVIEW

Ring in the holiday at Giovanni's Table with a merry mouthwatering fine-dining experience. Toast friends and family with a glass of champagne and an amuse-bouche. Then enjoy one of our signature main courses from the full menu of traditional Italian cuisine or a special holiday lobster tail. The meal is complete with a selection of petits fours - making your holiday a Specialty one.

So... You get a bell? To ring in the new year with? And Petits fours? It's not very specific on what exactly is different. At least with Chop's they are posting a menu. Giovanni's isn't listing a menu...

OVERVIEW

That description makes it sound like you have less of a choice. They don't mention appetizers or pasta just the amuse bouche. And no desserts just the petits fours. The lobster foes sound like it is included as one of the entree choices.

For $75 I would go twice on the non holiday nights and go to the MDR or even WJ on the holiday.

That description makes it sound like you have less of a choice. They don't mention appetizers or pasta just the amuse bouche. And no desserts just the petits fours. The lobster foes sound like it is included as one of the entree choices.

For $75 I would go twice on the non holiday nights and go to the MDR or even WJ on the holiday.

The whole menu is available.

I have been on several Christmas cruises and have never had to pay more in the specialty restaurants - and I always made reservations for Christmas day in one of the two... I wonder when they started that? where are you getting those prices?

it looks to be new this year, if not last year.

supposedly it comes with a few extras like a bottle of drinkable bubbles and a 'better' menu.

supposedly it comes with a few extras like a bottle of drinkable bubbles and a 'better' menu.

A bottle? When I read it, it said a glass. A bottle might be wroth it..... well, more worth it...Especially if there are party hats and other souvenirs...

maybe it is a ship by ship thing too.... I do know on my new year's cruises they specialty restaurants always had something extra... they must have extended that to Christmas too...

My idea of good champagne and Royal's idea are very different. Have you ever tried the champagne (used cautiously) that is served at the captain's reception on formal night? I won't be needing that to make my Christmas cruise any merrier.

Edited by warezbabe