Upgrades and upsell....

chemmo

We love being on the aft and have marked our profile "No Upgrades". The last few cruises we have been called about paying to upgrade. Offer was not lucrative enough for us to give up the aft balcony.

Did get a free upgrade to a JS from a d3 side balcony on our second cruise....not sure how that happened. I called Royal as I thought it was an error and didn't want to pay extra. Royal said we were selected for an upgrade with no extra charges. The price difference was over $800 when I checked before calling.

That's Royal!

Yes, Im happy with the AFT cabin

but the same cruise is now on offer at considerably less than we paid AND an extra 2 nights in hotel thrown in

Not sure if there's anything I can do about it

We sail in 3 weeks and booked 18 months ago

Yes, Im happy with the AFT cabin

but the same cruise is now on offer at considerably less than we paid AND an extra 2 nights in hotel thrown in

Not sure if there's anything I can do about it

We sail in 3 weeks and booked 18 months ago

I would call royal, never hurts to try may get some obc or other perks.

Never got an upgrade.............................

We have gotten upsells from GS to CL on Oasis and Allure.

Now we are addicted to the CL, and that is what we booked, because on our Oasis sailing a couple years back all the CL were booked and we had no upsell.

Safe travels.

This past summer were went on the Rhapsody out of Venice. We were booked with a junior suite. We checked in at the pier and they could not find our cards.

We waited while several check in people looked for them. Alas they were found.

The room was a different number than the one we booked. I asked to see where the new room was. They were unable to show us. They said to go to guest services on the ship. Wow, we were given a grand suite. How cool was that.

Never knew that would happen at check in.

Jerry

Thanks to those who emailed me and for your advice. Got my fingers crossed it will help!

Realize that the site doesn't catch short term drops (only checks prices 2-3 times a day) and not all categories. Also, the e-mail alert doesn't work 100% of the time.

Thanks for any responses.

The one time it happened to us, there was no notice till I showed up at the check in counter. I suspect the person who was d+ canceled at the very last minute and we were moved. We still got all his amenities in his room, they didn't have time to change that.

If you are lucky enough to be given an upgrade is there a conversation or an email first or does your room number just change if you go to details?

I assume if you are offered an upsell they must talk to you first as you will be spending more....When would a call usually be made? Before final payment date, after final payment date?....

What influences who gets the call? Does C&A level help?

Thanks for any responses.

My upgrade from a JS to an OS happened at check in. Total surprise and nothing said from me about it. You will see at the dock if you got visited by the upgrade fairy, but I understand as of late she has been missing in action.