Any other bottled water on Escape besides Aquafina?

seminole95

I see that you didn't make a New Years resolution to not enter threads and make 'snide' remarks that doesn't concern you're cruise experience personally.

The same could be said about wine, champagne, beer.....They all are called the same so they MUST taste the same so why bother having a 'choice'.

Well they do have a different TASTE and water to "some" have a different taste.

Happy New Year.

Hold the Evian bottle in front of the mirror and read the label.

You are missing the point in re the water. They cannot stock a decent selection of beer which could actually satisfy a lot of people. Taking the effort and space to stock a selection of bottled water would be as stupid wanting them to do so.

Is there a reason not to simply drink tap water from your room or suite? I mean, is it contaminated or something?

mooph

There is no reason to eschew the water from the tap nor the water that they will serve you with every meal.

Thank you for waiting until at least after 20 intelligent, useful posts for people who want to find out about the water choices before starting the "water debate" again.

There's always someone who wants to throw a turd in the punchbowl.

So, here is a question.

Is the turn in the punchbowl

or in the bottled water

or the ships water?

(as to intellgent discussion, I do believe many people get bottled water because they believe the ships water is inferior)

Hold the Evian bottle in front of the mirror and read the label.

You are missing the point in re the water. They cannot stock a decent selection of beer which could actually satisfy a lot of people. Taking the effort and space to stock a selection of bottled water would be as stupid wanting them to do so.

People don't ask for a 100 different water choices.

They asked, including myself, if another choice was available as some do NOT LIKE the taste of Aquafina.....There is an after taste.....Just as there are different tastes in beer, wine and Champaign.

The Escape has a choice of 3 other brands and they charge a higher price, as they do at land based restaurants by the glass.

The choices are carried in the bars and restaurants.

We do not like the bottled water package (Aquafina) and do not like to drink the ships water as The drinking water likely won’t quench your thirst. The water in the shower will dry your hair and your skin.

Normally, this will not affect you, if you are on a ship for only 2 weeks tops. This I found out on a 31 day cruise...My skin and hair was affected...We carried our own drinking bottled water at that time, but that privilege has been taken away.

So if you have ever had any problems with dry skin, It is recommended you wash your face with bottled water, the same for your hair, if you are extra careful about your hair.

Cruise ships or any ship for that matter have been built with water treatment facilities or ocean-water desalination plant.

Desalination, the removal of salt and other impurities from sea-water so that such water can become safe for human consumption...but...it dry's out your skin and you are always thirsty.

Once I found out the 3 they offered for sale by the glass, I went to the store and purchased one bottle for $1.69....It was flat and had NO AFTER taste so we decided that brand was acceptable for the duration of the cruise compared to Aquafina which does.

This is a thread on OTHER water for sale than Aquafina or the ships water....The cruise line charges an exorbitant amount for Bottled Aquafina and bottled water is NOT offered in any of the drink packages....It's extra....unless you gamble, and then it is of course it's Aquafina but in smaller bottles.

There are threads in CC about everything important to people...This is simply one of them.

I would be nice if they had 5 or 6 brands of bottled water but they don't...and... we are NOT allowed to bring our own.....So we PAY a whole lot more for 'other brands' they "Offer" by the glass for a price... in their restaurants.

I had a back and forth email going for a month with senior staff including Del Rio and Andy Stuart plus a few others.

Nobody seemed to know anything!

One answer from one and a different one from another. Then a call from someone in Miami that said I could order it right then and there from him which I did....rdteam@ncl.com.

Throw all that out the window....The right hand (Land) doesn't know what the left hand (Ship) accepts/does.

Better to go to a thread on your ship and ask what water is sold in bars/ restaurants on your ship. It probably is, as they offered at dinner (for a price) when they ask if you desire, a glass of bottled water.

So once you know what OTHER water is sold, it's better to order it once on board and have it delivered to your cabin.

Just lined them up on the shelf and filled my empty 8 oz. bottles once 3 were empty and I cleaned them with a tiny bottle of liquid dish soap we took.

I nominate this thread for "Stupid Issue of the Year" Award.

I thought this thread was dead and gone, but you just had to bring back to the top of the board.

Oh now.

Don't you realize how wonderful it would be for the ships to have a HUGE selection of bottled water from all over the world so the water connoisseurs

could sit around and compose some water pairing for their meals?

Shewt, the ship could set up a showroom to display the vast selection of varied bottled waters

And they could probably make four people on every cruise just ecstatic with this nonsense. It seems like a VERY cost-effective revenue generator for them.

Instead of wine tastings, we could have water tastings!

Had I known a simple question about whether ship's water is drinkable would stir up such an old feud, I wouldn't have asked. I've been lucky to live someplace with good tap water and always assume I'll drink that unless told otherwise.

Had I known a simple question about whether ship's water is drinkable would stir up such an old feud, I wouldn't have asked. I've been lucky to live someplace with good tap water and always assume I'll drink that unless told otherwise.

It's a fair question. Some people don't like the taste of the ship's water because it has Sodium Hypochlorite in it, and their home tap water may use a different chemical (such as chloramines) that don't have as strong a taste or smell. Others don't drink tap water at all, and prefer the taste of bottled or filtered water.

Others like to impose their moral values on others and insist they are silly for liking bottled water because there is no difference between it and the chlorinated water from the tap, accusing them of destroying the planet with plastic bottle use, or wasting their money which, for some reason, only bothers them with water purchases.

Some even call people who like bottled water "naive" (Evian spelled backwards).

Here's what I call people who like bottled water: "people who like bottled water". If they want to spend money on bottled water I don't care - it neither takes money away from me or harms me in any way.

Thanks for that edifying summary of the issues.

I really don't care what others do, but I remember soon after bottled water came out I began to feel like a sucker drinking it, like I was being had.

Oh well, as you say, to each her own.

Mooph

There are absolutely some people who believe that they will die from drinking safe tap water, at home or on the ship. They have been sold a lie.

Until I read this thread, I was unaware of the anxiety, pain, and panic suffered by some who are either deprived of their bottled water or forced to drink a brand that literally dries them up with each sip. My best wishes are that you find the strength and courage to struggle forward despite the poor hand life has dealt you. It must be living hell for you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I found all the talks about water amusing until I I got on to Gem 2 weeks ago without mu usual 6 pax of Poland Spring. I found that while a few sips Of water in main dinning room with food is fine the water I brought from the buffet had a taste of chlorine. I am not a huge water drinker , bad I know, but I do drink water when I go to bad and wake up. The ship water was disgusting for me. So I opened a bottle of the Aquafina from the mini bar, that was just bearable completely tasteless. So both of us me and hubby lived of soda for 10 days. I think I had like my yearly supply :). We were able to bring half of a bottle back from islands. But I whole bottle was confiscated. I don't even care about the price but can't they stock at least one more brand or later us preorder it but not stock it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I found all the talks about water amusing until I I got on to Gem 2 weeks ago without mu usual 6 pax of Poland Spring. I found that while a few sips Of water in main dinning room with food is fine the water I brought from the buffet had a taste of chlorine.

Oh, I hope this is just due to an old carbon filter or something. We have always found the filtered water fine on NCL. Did you try "aging" the water by letting it sit overnight? Chlorine will dissipate overnight if kept open to the atmosphere, but other chemicals will not.

I agree that Aquafina is not very good tasting, and doesn't help us very much. It doesn't have chlorine but I do think it tastes kind of flat. I haven't tasted the Acqua Panna they also have (it's a more expensive natural spring water).

We have one more cruise scheduled on NCL then we're trying Celebrity for an Alaskan cruise this summer. They still allow you to bring on water bottles (and wine without corkage fee if you consume it in your cabin). We'll see if we like them better or not.

ACQUA PENNA IN GLASS BOTTLES .......If you are in the Haven, the butler can get for you thru the haven bar and deliver it to your room as many bottles as you wish and if you are willing to pay an extra $5.50 plus 18% gratuity. If you are not in the Haven..... Food Republic sells it for $5.50 a bottle also

Edited by trackstarsmom

• 1 month later...

ANOTHER WATER BOARDING ISSUE !

Has anyone looked at the fine print on the Aquafina bottled water ?

What you haven't - well BIG surprise it is bottled by - wait for it ! PEPSI !

Dasani is bottle by Coke and is therefore verboten on NCL boten ships !

Now aren't you glad you stopped to read this - all the news fit to hide from

the water connoisseur consumer and then to be tortured by it !

I am secretly waiting for Amazon to pilot a drone shipment of my water

needs vintage CCXVII (priceless - yes most water in public places is FREE) !

Such a fuss over water - after all some places just run a garden hose out to

the river 20 miles downstream of the nuclear reactor for finely filtered distilled

elixir of the consuming public - so why pay a penny more ?

Oops sorry there is a service charge for siphoning water to it's next level of consumption !

Yeah I told ya that drinking that water would do that to the brain.

So Aquafina is bottled by PEPSI ! Yes ! The fine print !

There is a small crew onboard the NCL Escape that is just about finished replacing all the water pipes.

That tells me that there was a problem with the water pipes when the ship was built.

You can drink all the alcohol you desire, but other people have medical and friends of Bill.

NOT everyone can drink themselves into oblivion with sugar.

NCL offers only Aquafina to purchase after all these years.

To some like myself, Aquafina is horrible....The restaurants offer 3 other brands which you can purchase.

I "chose" to purchase Acqua Panna , 12 bottles and transfer them into smaller bottles as needed, making them easier to carry. You need only to call for room service once on board and order as many as you wish to purchase. Each bottle equals 3....8oz bottles.

You're happy drinking alcohol, which you can do, and I never get into those conversations but have seen people creating disorder and destruction.

I need WATER....Small children need water....Pregnant women need water....Diabetics need water.

IF you don't need water then stay the heck OUT of the thread telling people they are 'moranic' for what they want to put into their body.

I am also disappointed that the only bottled water offered on NCL ships is basically only a 'purified' tap water, basically what you can get for free from the taps, the buffet or provided in the dining rooms, but with the added contaminants from the plastic used to make the bottle.

If I should want to buy some bottled water, eg before leaving for a day shore, I would expect to be able to purchase a named spring water.

I shall continue to drink the free water available, on the grounds that it is still healthier than the sodas and other sugary drinks on sale. Although the diet drinks won't contribute to decayed teeth, the highly acid nature will still do a pretty good job of eroding them!

ANOTHER WATER BOARDING ISSUE !

You obviously enjoy them a lot because you post in each one. For that reason, we will continue to discuss water because we want everyone to have more enjoyment in life!

Or the more direct approach: Why do you care what we talk about? You aren't being "rick rolled" and tricked into reading the thread. You take direct action to click on and read the thread. Therefore, you can't really be bothered by it.

I am also disappointed that the only bottled water offered on NCL ships is basically only a 'purified' tap water, basically what you can get for free from the taps, the buffet or provided in the dining rooms, but with the added contaminants from the plastic used to make the bottle.

If I should want to buy some bottled water, eg before leaving for a day shore, I would expect to be able to purchase a named spring water.

I shall continue to drink the free water available, on the grounds that it is still healthier than the sodas and other sugary drinks on sale. Although the diet drinks won't contribute to decayed teeth, the highly acid nature will still do a pretty good job of eroding them!

There are premium still and sparkling water available, depending on the ship. Acqua Panna, a natural spring water, is available on all the ships, and there are some other waters that are available on what appears to be a random basis. The purified, filtered drinking water only has one choice, however, and on most ships, only one size available.