The Global Entry CARD myth

Tennessee Titan

Before cards, there were the stickers to put on your passport. But, those are not issued anymore, you get the card instead.

If you don't have your card with you, I would just say I have GE and ignore the sorter - there would be no reason to not go there if I knew how to operate the kiosk...

There were stickers indeed before .. now we have the card .. we returned from trip to Canada two weeks ago and if I did not have my card, they would not let me use the GLobal Entry Line at FLL ... even though my passport has been tied to my Global Entry for almost six years now. This was a newsflash for me. We will carry our cards with us along with the passports.

harry

There were stickers indeed before .. now we have the card .. we returned from trip to Canada two weeks ago and if I did not have my card, they would not let me use the GLobal Entry Line at FLL ... even though my passport has been tied to my Global Entry for almost six years now. This was a newsflash for me. We will carry our cards with us along with the passports.

harry

I don't get this post at all. Are you talking about the airport? When you come into the US from Canada, You clear Customs and Immigration at the Canadian departure airport, and it is just another domestic flight at the US airport. Why were you attempting to use a Global Entry line?

I don't get this post at all. Are you talking about the airport? When you come into the US from Canada, You clear Customs and Immigration at the Canadian departure airport, and it is just another domestic flight at the US airport. Why were you attempting to use a Global Entry line?

I believe that at this time there are just six Canadian airports with US pre-clearance - there are probably a number of others, perhaps less used, without pre clearance, with flights to the US.

I believe that at this time there are just six Canadian airports with US pre-clearance - there are probably a number of others, perhaps less used, without pre clearance, with flights to the US.

Thank you, but the poster did NOT reply, so we have no idea what he was up to! The odds he came from an airport other than the 6 are very slim.....

I just keep the GE card along with my int'l vaccination card, visa receipt (such as an Aussie ETA), knee replacement card & int'l drivers license (if applicable for the trip) clipped together with a simple heavy duty office supply paper clip & is kept 'separately' in the back page of my passport via rubber band.

Although 'low tech' the GE card and other 'official' documentation' is easily detachable from my passport for kiosk scanning, customs & security review, etc. when needed.

Each port of entry (airline or sea port) it seems, in my limited experience, has different requirements for entry / exit regarding documentation. It's just easier for me to have everything together versus fumbling around looking for a card or some other piece of paper.

We've been quite pleased with the GE thus far and has saved us several re-bookings of connecting flights due to 'tight' connections & scheduling in airports and sea ports.

JMHO.

Bon Voyage & Good Health!

Bob:)