Currency Exchange Rates Onboard Sun in South America

logan25

Does anyone know the currency exchange rate for local currencies of Uruguay and Brazil if I choose to exchange USD while onboard the ship?

I realize that currency rates fluctuate. I'm trying to maximize my exchange without additional fees. My bank changes a small fee no matter the amount of currency ordered. Airport kiosks have lousy exchange rates in my opinion. ATMs charge fees (at least through my bank).

Does anyone know the currency exchange rate for local currencies of Uruguay and Brazil if I choose to exchange USD while onboard the ship?

I realize that currency rates fluctuate. I'm trying to maximize my exchange without additional fees. My bank changes a small fee no matter the amount of currency ordered. Airport kiosks have lousy exchange rates in my opinion. ATMs charge fees (at least through my bank).

The ship's exchange rate will be worse.

FWIW, and bear in mind it will be seven year old news by the time you arrive, but when we did our 'round the horn trip in 2010, all the private excursions and our limo from Valparaiso to Santiago strongly requested US dollars in cash. We didn't exchange any money anywhere. We were uncomfortable toting so much cash with us, I was very relieved when I was able to be aboard and store it away in the safe.

Have a great cruise...still our favorite!