Anthem of the seas....should i cancel?

danwelch99

Thanks! Again, I think there is a lot of confusion as I'd read somewhere that Grande was dropped. Not familiar with all the dining rules. I hear Dynamic Dining is being dropped too, so I won't even bother reading about that. I figure there will be more changes to come between now and my cruise time in the summer.

The dining options as indicated in some of the posts should remain static for some time, unless RCL is pressured in bringing back DD. There are 4 separate complementary dining rooms, of which one of them is the Grande. 2 of the restaurants will have early & late sit down dinner. The other 2 will be utilized for my time dining. Under the DD, the Grande was formal only, while the other 3 were casual. Going forward, I'm assuming there will be 2 formal nights as there are on the other ships.

True, it seems hard to keep up.

The RCCL website doesn't even list the Solarium Bistro, even though I hear it mentioned in articles and blogs that it is part of the complimentary line:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/anthemoftheseas/dining/restaurants/

However, the Solarium Bistro is listed in the RCCL website elsewhere as Dining On Us:

https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/discover-cruise-holidays/cruise-food/

I don't even count the Coastal Kitchen as that requires a Grand Suite.

Also, I thought the Solarium Bistro might be a specialty restaurant because I saw a picture of their menu which had dollar values next to some of the entrees:

http://eatsleepcruise.com/2016/05/anthem-of-the-seas-menus/

The Solarium Bistro is complimentary, but at dinner, among your choice of entrees, there are three that carry an upcharge. Others are "free".

I enjoy this venue, and frankly, don't even order an entree. I can easily fill up from the appetizer buffet, the salad offerings and the dessert buffet. No need for an entree! ;)

I appreciate all the feedback. Thanks all. It seems all about the food tho. And while my wife has very much appreciated that ;). I am more concerned about the activities for the kids. Will there be enough to do to keep 2 4 year olds occupied for the sailing days ? Thanks again for all the feedback !

People have different expectations- sometimes a cruise isn't what a person might have expected- We went on the Quantum last year- didn't enjoy it a great disappointment.

We did read the reviews which were very negative- but decided to try it and come to our own conclusion as the ship was new and we just chalked the negative reviews, to a new ship that had to get their act together. We expected crowding- but not to the extent that we experienced. Of course not everything was negative- and overall we had a good time.

Even after that not so great experience and reading negative reviews, we are trying the Harmony of the Seas in a couple of months- this ship isn't getting the greatest reviews either. I am going on this cruise with great optimism, if this ship isn't good- we will stick the the Allure, Oasis and Freedom class ships. Your kids will have a ball as their are so many things for them to do and see.

You should experience the ship- if it isn't to your liking- do not go on another ship of that class again. Hopefully you will continue to have many opportunites to go on many cruises in the future- some will be more enjoyable then others.

Edited by Cruise a holic

I appreciate all the feedback. Thanks all. It seems all about the food tho. And while my wife has very much appreciated that ;). I am more concerned about the activities for the kids. Will there be enough to do to keep 2 4 year olds occupied for the sailing days ? Thanks again for all the feedback !

Yes - worst case scenario you can drop them off at ocean adventure all day long ( till 10pm for free) - and they do close between 5-7 pm for kids dinner. I have seen them taking the kids around the ship with different projects and game and they separate them by age group. And the best part? You get some free time on your own!

Edited by cnssu123

Have been on both Quantum and then Anthem - loved both (they are sister ships so almost identical). Loved Anthem so much this past year, we booked for 2017 as well. Love all of the RC ships but Anthem is now our favorite. Our 9 year old and 4 year old boys loved all the activities for them and the Adventure Ocean for each of them was wonderful, too. So much to do. I am sorry to see Dynamic Dining leave - we loved that but will deal with it. Fantastic ship and crew!

Swiss

danwelch99

We sailed on the Quantum with kids and had a great time. They all went to the kids club and loved it. They couldn't eat fast enough to go back.

We are on the same sailing with you this time and we have a 4 year old GD and 5 year old GS. This is their first cruise but the 8 year old GS and 13 year old GD have sailed before and there was plenty for them to do.

We loved the Quantum and can not wait for the Anthem..

The kids clubs on RCI Ships are fantastic - on our last cruise - I barely saw my 4 year old as she wanted to spend any free time at Adventure Ocean. Every day she came back with craft projects, science experiments, having read books, and played games!

Each night - a kids compass will be put in your room that outlines all of the Adventure Ocean activities.

One other thing we noticed was that when we did have our daughter with us - whenever we walked around - she would see someone she knew! Many kids, their families, and staff members that she had met during the day! She is not a social butterfly at home but had a great time meeting new people on board!!!

It's true that they won't be old enough to go on the bumper cars. But I am sure that there will be plenty of other activities to do!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did a 12 night out of New York. Absolutely loved the ship and the service was faultless. The food was fantastic and we loved Dynamic Dining and are in mourning at its passing. We saw many facilities for young children and a fantastic pool area for children only.Our only downer on the trip was listening to the inevitable whingers complaining about nothing (ship moving in heavy seas/not arriving at port til 3pm (it was in the itinerary ) /not enough smoking areas).

Look accept it as it is and if you go on the cruise in a positive frame of mind you will enjoy it.

Agree 100% we were on the 12 night Oct 29th out of NY, loved it ! And yes, there's always those people that just have to complain about somethin'...

Nothing to worry about, you'll love it !! :)