Norwegian Jade - Pub Crawl

patticakes40

I did one on the Jewel a few years back. I sailed on the Jewel 3 times & Gem once (same class as Jade) and it was the only cruise where they had one. We have been told it is up to the discretion of the staff. It was a great time though I regretted drinking all that I did as we hit Universal Studios the next morning. :cool:

I noticed that on NCL website they advertise a Pub Crawl aboard the Norwegian Jade - does anyone know if they offer this and if so have you done it?

It is actually several years since I have seen it offered by NCL, but we did a cruise earlier this year that had a very active roll call on CC, and among additional roll call activities on board we actually organized a pub crawl ourselves... We were around 30 participants, and it was great fun! We combined it with a "poker game" - if you wanted to participate in the poker part you had to pay $5, and then you got a card when arriving to each of the 5 bars we visited. And the person with the best "poker hand" when we arrived at the last bar, won the entire pot. :)

Edited by TrumpyNor

LOL, they are a lot of fun... our last one was on the Epic... just imagine doing pub after pub on the Epic, what a hoot... but, it did take a while and there were stops along the way for this contest and that... "who's the most recent married?", anyone on a honeymoon" kind of thing. I don't think we've seen them offered since since 2013... but could be wrong..

cheers, time for another pub.. I mean wine... :p

I did it on the Sun back in 2013. a member of the cruise director staff led a group to several bars. The bartender knew we were coming and had drinks ready for us. I cannot recall if there was an upfront charge or we paid at each bar. (I was on a drink package.) At each bar we did a sort of game, like pass the balloon under legs and over shoulders until the last two who had to pop it by squeezing each other with the balloon in between. Some other games were geared just for couples so we singles felt awkward as we declined to participate. It was some sort of almost-kissing thing.

After the third bar or so, we were more comfortable following the leader's request to repeat, loudly, whatever he wanted us to cheer regardless of whether we were between bars, like in the hallway or poolside.

I had a lot of fun. One young lady was helped to her room afterwards where she reportedly spent the rest of the afternoon over the toilet.

so know your limits.

They still advertise it under activities for Jade tho. They should take it off their website if they're not going to officially do it anymore. Do they still do the White Hot Parties I saw listed there? I told my friends to pack appropriate clothing but pointless if they're not doing it...

They still advertise it under activities for Jade tho. They should take it off their website if they're not going to officially do it anymore. Do they still do the White Hot Parties I saw listed there? I told my friends to pack appropriate clothing but pointless if they're not doing it...

Where do they advertise this? They still have the White Hot Party.

Someone posted all their recent Jade info on my roll call...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51624585&postcount=48

Sure they still the White hot party, it's free. They just cancelled the pub crawl because no one was interested in paying for it for anymore. Most drinkers have UBP.

Sure they still the White hot party, it's free. They just cancelled the pub crawl because no one was interested in paying for it for anymore. Most drinkers have UBP.

On the Breakaway someone in my Roll Call organized a casual one for after muster on the first day. Everyone had UBP and were able to order whatever they wanted.

OP - if you have UBP, check out the map of the Jade & create a pub crawl map - not really that difficult. For my Jewel cruise we started in Maltings and ended in the Spinnaker.