Cpap device on epic

kpollock1981

Hello! NCL will provide distilled water for cpap machines. Have the person requiring the distilled water call the access desk at 1-866-234-7350 to make the arrangements. NCL wants the call to be made at least 30 days prior to departure. You will however need to have your travel companion bring their own extension cord because NCL does not provide those.

Edited by pisenor

NCL will provide distilled water, however the last time we cruised the jug of distilled water they provided wasn't sealed and it wasn't a full jug. It looked like maybe it had been left over from a previous passenger. DH wasn't comfortable using it so he ended up using regular bottled water (this was in the spring before the water carry on ban). I'm sure if we'd mentioned it they would have given us a full sealed jug but we didn't want to make a fuss. We figured the distilled water wouldn't hurt for such a short period. The next time (also this spring) we just took a jug of distilled water ourselves. When we cruise in January hopefully we can get a sealed jug of water. :)

Hello! NCL will provide distilled water for cpap machines. Have the person requiring the distilled water call the access desk at 1-866-234-7350 to make the arrangements. NCL wants the call to be made at least 30 days prior to departure. You will however need to have your travel companion bring their own extension cord because NCL does not provide those.

HI,

DH uses a CPAP machine. WE always just ask the steward when he comes to the room to introduce himself. The water appears after he has been in to turn down the room for the night.

Please check the cruise line or ships policy about extension cords. We had one taken from our carry on when we boarded the Celebrity Summit. Had never happened before. We asked the steward for an extension cord and it was supplied. We had to go to security after the cruise to pick up our cord.

Some people say that if the cords are in the checked luggage they are not confiscated. Others state they have been. Some say only cords with surge protectors are confiscated.....so who knows.

I have a question. One of the travelers in my party has a cpap machine. Can I bring on my own distilled water or will ncl provide it? Also will ncl provide an extension cord?

Per the posts above, you can call, IN ADVANCE, and request that distilled water be provided to you.

In a balcony cabin on the Epic, the only electric socket is inside the cabinet under the desk. When we sail on the Epic, we always bring a non-surge protected power strip to bring power to the desktop. We then have a 12' extension cord to bring the power from the desk (across and to the side of the bed) to the bedside. (we actually always carry a 6' and 12' extension cord on all cruise,,, just in case)

• 2 weeks later...

When I booked our reservations through NCL, I told them I had a C-Pap machine. The reservation agent told me I would have to bring my own distilled water and extension cord. A week before the cruise I received an email stating that they had received word that I had a C-pap machine and they would supply distilled water to be in the cabin.

HI,

DH uses a CPAP machine. WE always just ask the steward when he comes to the room to introduce himself. The water appears after he has been in to turn down the room for the night.

Please check the cruise line or ships policy about extension cords. We had one taken from our carry on when we boarded the Celebrity Summit. Had never happened before. We asked the steward for an extension cord and it was supplied. We had to go to security after the cruise to pick up our cord.

Some people say that if the cords are in the checked luggage they are not confiscated. Others state they have been. Some say only cords with surge protectors are confiscated.....so who knows.

On our past four cruises on NCL, when we've contacted Access desk email to request distilled water for CPAP, their return confirmation email has always said to bring an extension cord. We carry it in the CPAP case.

Edited by NMLady

• 3 weeks later...
Per the posts above, you can call, IN ADVANCE, and request that distilled water be provided to you.

In a balcony cabin on the Epic, the only electric socket is inside the cabinet under the desk. When we sail on the Epic, we always bring a non-surge protected power strip to bring power to the desktop. We then have a 12' extension cord to bring the power from the desk (across and to the side of the bed) to the bedside. (we actually always carry a 6' and 12' extension cord on all cruise,,, just in case)

This is the first I've read about the VERY inconvenient location of the electrical outlet on the Epic. We always take a non-surge protected multiple plug-in device for charging purposes, hubby's CPAP and my plug-in room freshener but it doesn't have a cord that would take it up to the desk. Never even occurred to me that we could need one. Thanks so much for the heads-up. Who in the world thought that location was a good idea????:confused:

Edited by okeytaco

I also take a USB charger with an outlet & a night light built into it. I plug my C-Pap into the night light & point the light at the cord on the floor so if anyone gets up during the night they can see the cord on the floor.

NCL also provided a brand new gal. of distilled water.

This is the first I've read about the VERY inconvenient location of the electrical outlet on the Epic. We always take a non-surge protected multiple plug-in device for charging purposes, hubby's CPAP and my plug-in room freshener but it doesn't have a cord that would take it up to the desk. Never even occurred to me that we could need one. Thanks so much for the heads-up. Who in the world thought that location was a good idea????:confused:

Just one of the many design flaws on Epic. No wonder NCL never ordered another.