Upgrade but only if...

jagsfan

I can't remember the word that can be added that means upgrade only if it's to a higher category. I'd like to be considered for an upgrade, but only to a mini suite (hey, it can happen), but not to a balcony one step more expensive but worse location. That is more likely to happen!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I can't remember the word that can be added that means upgrade only if it's to a higher category. I'd like to be considered for an upgrade, but only to a mini suite (hey, it can happen), but not to a balcony one step more expensive but worse location. That is more likely to happen!

I'd call C&A and ask them to mark your booking as upgrade, but call first. That way you can be sure what you are getting.

I was told by someone at C&A that if you put exceptions on your upgrade request they just pass you by when Royal processes upgrades.

Has anyone on CC gotten an upgrade with boxes marked?

I've marked mine.....no automatic upgrades.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Edited by Beachammo

I was told by someone at C&A that if you put exceptions on your upgrade request they just pass you by when Royal processes upgrades.

Has anyone on CC gotten an upgrade with boxes marked?

I've marked mine.....no automatic upgrades.

Nope, no upgrades since I put a condition on upgrades. Of course, it seems that upgrades have been few and far between anyhow.

I'd call C&A and ask them to mark your booking as upgrade, but call first. That way you can be sure what you are getting.

I think, and I will be the first to acknowledge my questionable memory, that they removed the call first option as I checked on my upcoming Adventure cruise. I didn't see the call first there at all. When I get back from Adventure next may I wanted to set my preference to CALL FIRST because I have the coveted D class corner balcony on Jewel and I don't want AZKarokegirl steal it from me again!

Edited by BillOh

I just removed the conditions on my profile to see if it helps. I know I have a better chance of being struck by lightening but it does happen to others. :D

I'm one for 13 and I know my upgrade was the result of a last minute cancelation of two cabins. Why they picked me I don't know, but they picked me and the couple next to us.

I'm one for 13 and I know my upgrade was the result of a last minute cancelation of two cabins. Why they picked me I don't know, but they picked me and the couple next to us.

Were you happy with the upgrade? We usually sail with a balcony, trying to get an aft if open.

• 1 month later...

The word I was looking for is meta. Often I see posters say they have their booking marked meta upgrade only. Not same category better location, but they will only take a nice category jump.

S it happens, we're on Princess for an upcoming Panama Canal partial transit. I was checking out booking about three weeks ago and we'd been moved from a standard balcony to a minisuite. Glad I didn't mark it meta upgrade only, they probably would have ignored our booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app