Live from Navigator - 12/9/2016 - Ship Goes A.B.C...Drink Count Goes 1.2.3...

Thanks so much for your detailed review! We will be sailing on the Navigator on January 20.

Last September we sailed on the Freedom out of Port Canaveral. After receiving our sea passes and just before boarding the ship, there was a kiosk selling bottled water, soda and lanyards at lower prices than on board. Did you see something similar as you boarded the Navigator?

This evening was the Captains Gala on the Royal Promenade.

Captain Trond Holm showed up at 7:30 for pictures, which was staged outside of Vintages by the car. We were among the first in line for a picture and I was able to also get him to sign my ship model.

ac2431cf2ed571490ee2572a343c944c.jpg

The event was a bit busier than usual due to the line of people also waiting for a picture with the Christmas tree located on the forward end of the Promenade coupled with the band attracting a decent dance crowd. It should be noted that the photographer had props for the Christmas tree photo opportunity, which included Santa hats and reindeer antlers.

f91705a3a7da812a0431dc7fbe23d434.jpg

2b7b91ab9cfa594a5f4bc63af3c1f464.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have cruised with Cuddy several times on the Nav when it was going out of Galveston. I really like him. He was all over and very friendly. He made the CC M&M a lot of fun.

I am on board now. We thought the CC M&M today with Cuddy was fun also.

I am certainly not unappreciative of the efforts that Royal makes to show appreciation for their passengers, but I promise it didn't look good to me in the Windjammer and placing it on a covered plate in my cabin doesn't make it any more appetizing. I would suggest just sticking to the chocolate covered strawberries.

a7bc7ff0ac662f749a80139abb4decf3.jpg

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

That wasn't my bed unfortunately but our cabin attendant did put a bunch of extra stuff on my bed today so hopefully it's better.

It should help. I have had the same problem on the Nav. What a terrible mattress. I told the Cabin attendant and he added an extra pad or two and it was soooo much better. Good luck!

Dinner was in the MDR tonight. As we had My Time Dinning we were seated on Deck 5 of the Sapphire and were introduced to our waiter, Jose from India, and our assistant waiter, Sanjeet from Mauritius. Both gentlemen were excellent and very personable throughout the service.

First formal night consisted of the Saffron menu.

83f09a3c8e43b4f8b9f17b81a45b1d13.jpg

c959be879d86d4a5fc981cfd7db4008c.jpg

I started with the Roman Vignole Salad.

e2864d9f3271324e987af6a10d1f9fc9.jpg

Followed by the escargot.

df7e3f184c19d421118e2407d10f2c2d.jpg

For my main course, I had the red snapper.

066fd56e7915193f227fcae0a3479283.jpg

I closed out the meal with the strawberry cheesecake.

65493c2b715c0871582ff0f79e335233.jpg

Edited by CruiseLifeRick

I'm kinda late for the party and just start reading your review. Just want to chime in and say that I will be doing this exact itinerary a year from now. My first time visiting the ABC islands, so definitely looking fwd to your review. So far it's hilarious. Love your writing. Have a great time.

The Now and Forever production put many to sleep and about 20 minutes in most of the audience began to walk/roll out.

We followed suit and headed back to our rooms. I was greeted with my C&A towel and the invite to the top tier event, which will be held tomorrow at 5pm in Studio B, essentially right after sail-away from Labadee.

ff5ddee1ff710c846fbb0a807d05ae78.jpg

Time for VCL!

Last night left me once again screaming for the DJ to keep the party going as Silver Fox continued to recreate dance moves that she clearly picked up from her days riding the Don Cornelius soul train. Her performance was only supplemented by a number of individuals that either appeared to be experiencing an epileptic seizure or those jumping up and down in what I can only guess was an attempt to form a mosh pit in the middle of the VCL.

The Lights of Contraception came on around 1:30 am and another wild night on the Navigator of the Seas quickly came to an end.

I am so ready for terra firma!

Edited by CruiseLifeRick

I beg to differ. Here is the speed test from the Freedom today.

You are comparing apples (ship with O3B) and oranges (ship with out). And Freedom is a bit of an odd ball in that its speed is not limited like some of the other O3B ships at about 4 Mbps for Stream.

Biker, who is impressed that Rick can get WiFi speed tests from another ship while at sea on Navigator.

I awoke to us already along side in Labadee.

Quick walk out on deck to determine that the weather was very comfortable with a temperature around 77 degrees and a slight breeze.

f9d87aa3acd152049c22bb56f6b7f7da.jpg

The group decided to dine in the MDR for breakfast this morning, which was not too busy as the ship was cleared for passengers to go ashore as we were seated.

94463de5493443b26ddfa09bf207abf4.jpg

ca11f6e0cd3bf2e45e4041a27d815aa1.jpg

Edited by CruiseLifeRick

You are comparing apples (ship with O3B) and oranges (ship with out). And Freedom is a bit of an odd ball in that its speed is not limited like some of the other O3B ships at about 4 Mbps for Stream.

Biker, who is impressed that Rick can get WiFi speed tests from another ship while at sea on Navigator.

I really do not want to entertain another conversation on Voom as the issue has been beat to death, but it really comes down to Royal's advertising of their internet capabilities.

And my tiring exploration for speed test screen shots from other ships goes no further than my daily review of the live Freedom thread from my good friend KcJarvis.