Live from Navigator - 12/9/2016 - Ship Goes A.B.C...Drink Count Goes 1.2.3...

Thanks for taking us along! I'm anxiously awaiting till it's our turn in February...so this helps.

I haven't been on the Navigator for many years. Can you tell me if real fruit smoothies are offered anywhere on the ship? If by chance they are, would they be included with the deluxe drink package?

Look forward to more pics of Labadee as the last cruise we took that was supposed to go there, we had a medical emergency and had to divert to Nassau. :(

Enjoy we are in the itinerary in February and can not wait. If you happen to notice what they are offering to book while on board and could post I would greatly appreciate it.

Have a great time!

Booking onboard info, courtesy of Ken:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50760283&postcount=55

Hotel Director up first running down the list of the new builds and of course pushing Cuba sailings on the Empress.

Guest Service Manager up next, who is taking the place of the Loyalty Ambassador. He states that the LA had to leave the ship in Miami for personal reasons.

Provided the rundown of the C&A level numbers on board.

403 Platinum

228 Emerald

466 Diamond

214 Diamond Plus

39 Pinnacle

Now on to the crystal block presentations and top cruiser recognition. Top three point holders were as follows: 1,207; 1,314; and 1,488.

Now recognizing the new Pinnacle members.

Uh oh...Cruising Grandma and Granddad weren't mentioned. Someone must have messed up!

Next Cruise office...blah blah blah.

Now a special ice show.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While I wait for the event to start, I thought I would share how I spent most of the day in Labadee.

https://theta360.com/s/nvndFxo0jY3ZRA6FHT0lsMgiW

Great pic. Rick, what brand selfie stick is that? I need a better one, so Lisa can mock me even more.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Can you find out please when Mark (Rous, I believe is his last name), who is your Activity Manager is scheduled to leave Navigator? He has been onboard for awhile and perhaps has a vacation scheduled soon.

Thanks.

Mark leaves on the 18th Dec.

Cheers!

Joan

Dublin Ireland

Edited by Slainte!

So back to my day in Labadee.

We finished breakfast a little after 9:30 AM and proceeded to make our way down to the gangway and off the ship.

bfcb68033321a0f40fc86fb0a428cd19.jpg

Once off the ship we immediately headed to Nellie's Beach to claim the cabana that we had reserved prior to sailing. We checked in with the attendant, Mickey, who showed us to our cabana and ensured us that he would get us anything we needed. Not so much! It was a good thing the cabana was already stocked with ample beach towels, a cooler of Evian water, and two beach mats (more can be requested and were).

ebae9b0dc589fe06bdd82aaca3afe3a8.jpg

Unlike the cabanas in Barefoot Beach (suite guests only) I did not see any form of number or letter to identify the bungalow. That said, it was perfectly located directly next to Nellie's Tavern (we had to get our own drinks many times) and had a nice view of the cove and the beach area.

a0881e19efdcd00d33ae4411b189cb00.jpg

59291b9d55e656c1a006f2c93fadced8.jpg

After a couple of hours of floating around in the water, we made our way over to the Dragon's Cafe for lunch, where I had a few of the cold salad options to accompany my BBQ chicken. Ribs, burgers and hot dogs were also available. All was the standard Labadee fare, but tasted quite good this trip, again just my opinion.

88299dd43f87b73409f34de1d8262eee.jpg

cbe81f5a866328193d1d86b7e5e0ba60.jpg

After lunch we made our way over to the Jet Ski pavilion (right off the pier) to see if we could reserve a tour in the afternoon. Much to our surprise, we were told that all jet ski tours had been cancelled, other than a few early this morning, due to weather conditions. Having been to Labadee many times, today's weather seemed ideal as there was a light wind and the waters were quite calm (at least on the bay side).

Instead, we just did some walking around and took in the sights of the island before heading back to the Cabana to vegetate on our mats again.

cd50c0471f1487eb4c064fc4289caff1.jpg

6658b4e9758badfd87e6720b86be0946.jpg

91bee7db6fd6bbfa4bfc439b8e61aa33.jpg

We headed back to the ship a few minutes before all aboard at 3:30 PM.

I found my way to one of the Solarium hot tubs as we sailed away from Labadee shortly before 4 PM.

517936ddd00eceb076bbd59799f840c4.jpg

d65dca9b48de61a61f87120474814d81.jpg

Edited by CruiseLifeRick