Better late than never.... Liberty Thanksgiving Review 11/20-11/27/2016

widallas

This is a great review! I really like the format you are using! Thank you for spending the time on this - my family is traveling in April and we love all of the info we can get!

Thanks for the reminder to bring ping pong balls! I am adding some to their Christmas stockings!

Did you find you had to wait for shuffleboard? On our last cruise it always seemed busy and even if we waited no one ever seemed to stop playing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you find you had to wait for shuffleboard? On our last cruise it always seemed busy and even if we waited no one ever seemed to stop playing!

We played several times over the cruise...after we missed the stop in Jamaica it was hard to find an open court, but it was good before that.

• 3 months later...
Thanks for the review. We sail on her in August. Do you get to select a boarding time or is it first come first served?

If I remember correctly, they board by priority C&A groups from the people in the waiting area. I think we were with the first gold group....there was at least one other gold group. I'll have to check in November if there are lines or signage for those arriving after boarding time to priority board. (We are still lowly gold so it hasn't been an issue for us! ;))

Really enjoyed your review and photos !!! We will be on Lady Liberty in a few weeks - May 14 !!! Getting soooooo excited !!! :D

Have fun and can't wait to see YOUR review!!!

We are going back this Thanksgiving so we obviously really like Liberty... If traveling with family, seriously don't forget the shuffleboard and bring some ping pong balls from home. (My kids already both reminded me!) And if you like to try out the bars, the Chocolate Martini in the RBar is scrumptious...but you have to looooove chocolate!

If I may ask, what TA did you use to book your cruise?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

As you are new, you probably don't know that we cannot discuss specific travel agents on this website.

If I may ask, what TA did you use to book your cruise?

Several of the big box stores have travel agencies...and some have great deals. We are still TA hopping since we did not get the same great deal as last year, but did get a good price with an online travel company and some OBC for using our MasterCard to book. Ask once you get on board or meet your roll call peeps, especially the seasoned cruisers. In general they have tried a few, they are happy to share info, and they LOVE to share their TA (as long as you give them credit and they might be able to get a little thanks back...seems fair to me!).

• 2 months later...

hi! thanks for the great review! Can i ask regarding the chef's table - you said there was a discount. was that offered on board the first day, or did you prebook that online? we've done chef's tables on previous sailings and have thoroughly enjoyed them (tho the windjammer location on LOS seems a bit odd...)

thank you!

It was online prior to the trip...I think maybe $68 (20% of off $85) Not sure if it was discounted onboard...

The WJ location was a bit weird but the sommelier and chef made it work...and encouraged us to include in the post cruise review that a designated location would be great!!!