Trip Cancelation

bvm5

Has anyone had a problem canceling a cruise with the insurance. I have a trip booked for next week and my husband might not be able to cruise. With proper documentation does the insurance pay out without difficulty?

Getting nervous don't need the hassle if we can't make the cruise.

Thanks for any help u can give.

Has anyone had a problem canceling a cruise with the insurance. I have a trip booked for next week and my husband might not be able to cruise. With proper documentation does the insurance pay out without difficulty?

With proper documentation the insurance should have you re-imbursed in just 2 - 3 weeks.

The most helpful advice I can give is to read your policy. It will tell you exactly what is covered, how to make your claim, and when to do it. It should all be there. Asking people what their experience has been will not influence your own situation.

You have to call the claims dept. to be advised on how to make a proper claim and the documentations required to prove that it is classified as "covered reason". It was explained to us very well by our insurance company and received the check 15 days after sending the docs only by email.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

We had insurance through a third party. My mother passed away and I had to cancel our cruise. My TA took care of all the notifications necessary. She even got me the number to call at the Insurance company. They sent me the paperwork and told me exactly what I needed to document the death. The money showed up very quickly after I filed.

So, if your husband can't go due to a covered reason, make sure you let RCCL know (if you used a TA go through them). Contact the insurance company, and they'll send you the forms and tell what you need to document the claim. Good luck.

We had to cancel a Celebrity cruise in 2010 because my Mom passed away. I had booked with the Celebrity trip insurance. I had to submit a statement from Mom's physician, and the insurance paid off in about two months.

I didn't have insurance for the airfare, which was a loss.

Some trip insurance is cancel for any reason, but that insurance is expensive. Most insurance has provisions regarding pre-existing conditions. That is why I had to get Mom's doctor to fill out a statement.