Star azipod propulsion problem

Circusboy354

i think my Dad was on the same one to Vietnam :D

Yes my nail technician is excited for me! (She was born in Danang!) Vietnam is a bit more on trend here! Thailand is so yesterday! (Unless you're an old, unattractive single male ;) ;)) But then again I think, Thailand is more last century and Vietnam is becoming a little 'so yesterday'. Not sure which is the new on trend Asian city here, I'm very behind though when it comes to Asian travel. So I'm glad I'm finally getting to see some of Vietnam! One day until I leave-just saying :) :) !

Edited by karoo

Yes my nail technician is excited for me! (She was born in Danang!) Vietnam is a bit more on trend here! Thailand is so yesterday! (Unless you're an old, unattractive single male ;) ;)) But then again I think, Thailand is more last century and Vietnam is becoming a little 'so yesterday'. Not sure which is the new on trend Asian city here, I'm very behind though when it comes to Asian travel. So I'm glad I'm finally getting to see some of Vietnam! One day until I leave-just saying :) :) !

Currently onboard Star

Left Laem Chabang last night, Sunday, at 1015pm

Due into Singapore on Wednesday 9pm. Originally was Tuesday evening at 10pm but apparently no berth available so now Wednesday.

Seem to be averaging 11-13 kts though did reach 15 kts last night. !

Has been no further onboard pa announcements from the bridge ref the azipod issues since the Captain explained the situation back in Hong Kong when we boarded.

Currently onboard Star

Due into Singapore on Wednesday 9pm. Originally was Tuesday evening at 10pm but apparently no berth available so now Wednesday.

Has been no further onboard pa announcements from the bridge ref the azipod issues since the Captain explained the situation back in Hong Kong when we boarded.

Now even more confused as to our itineray on the 5th January sailing because none of the revised sailing where going to Thailand so what was the Star doing in Laem Chabang ??

Now even more confused as to our itineray on the 5th January sailing because none of the revised sailing where going to Thailand so what was the Star doing in Laem Chabang ??

They got in a surprise visit to Bangkok ... Lucky Them 😡😡

Currently onboard Star

Thanks for letting us know. I hope you had a great cruise! I had to do a double take when I read your comment. I panicked thinking you were arriving a day late as in we wouldn't be embarking on the 5th Jan. Enjoy your night in afternoon/night in Singapore before disembarking!

PS - who is the cruise director?

We are cruising Star next month...getting lots of the usual promotional emails trying to sell things...would appreciate an email with information about the issues the Star is dealing with....periodic updates would be appreciated and not much to expect from loyal customers.....

Why so Angry?

It may just possibly have something to do with our cruise (5 Jan) not only losing our only two ports in Thailand but getting a reduced compensation payment from the previous cruise who managed stops in both Thailand and Vietnam.

I would not expect many would book a cruise with only ports of call in Vietnam and Sanya.

Why so Angry?

We were all supposed to go to Bangkok .... For two days !!

If you have done this, not an easy journey round trip in one day -- if you want to see anything :eek::eek:

So paying for an overnight stay -- transportation, hotel, tours & sightseeing -- many passengers have lost so much money :mad::mad:

Yes I am angry -- without Thailand and the impossibly scheduled Sanya (China visa situation if you want to get off the ship) we will be on land three days on an 11 day cruise .... MAYBE :(:(

Why so Angry?

Hi pieshops,

I know you took your situation in your stride and changed to a land based trip but this next sailing has not been given the option of cancelling with refund and it would be risky to try and claim on insurance as the cruise is still running.

There have been no updates from ncl and there are at least 2 different itineraries out there amongst the passengers so none of us know where we are going.

The 20% is only on the cruise fare, no mention of port charges (which were $600).

The lack of communication is the biggest disappointment.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Would someone with knowledge please start a new "New Star Azipod Propulsion Problem" so that those of us interested can find out what is happening with the ship and can leave this one to those who are discussing reimbursements from NCL not the SAPP.

Thanks.

Would someone with knowledge please start a new "New Star Azipod Propulsion Problem" so that those of us interested can find out what is happening with the ship and can leave this one to those who are discussing reimbursements from NCL not the SAPP.

Thanks.

I have. I'm not technical at all, but that's what I'm interested in so I started it. I'm on the 5th sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi pieshops,

I know you took your situation in your stride and changed to a land based trip but this next sailing has not been given the option of cancelling with refund and it would be risky to try and claim on insurance as the cruise is still running.

There have been no updates from ncl and there are at least 2 different itineraries out there amongst the passengers so none of us know where we are going.

The 20% is only on the cruise fare, no mention of port charges (which were $600).

The lack of communication is the biggest disappointment.

Agreed 100 percent the communication has sucked from the beginning

To the comment I made this person makes snide remarks on every persons post that has anything to do with the star sailing. I understand because we have been there the situation sucks but being nasty does nothing to help

Agreed 100 percent the communication has sucked from the beginning

To the comment I made this person makes snide remarks on every persons post that has anything to do with the star sailing. I understand because we have been there the situation sucks but being nasty does nothing to help

The communication issue for our cruise 5th Jan seems to be dependent on who you booked through. Direct through NCL Aus office has been good from my experience. Personally I'm glad you had a great time and you got to go back to your wife's origins.

The communication issue for our cruise 5th Jan seems to be dependent on who you booked through. Direct through NCL Aus office has been good from my experience. Personally I'm glad you had a great time and you got to go back to your wife's origins.

So if communication with ncl Australia has been good can you tell me why:

1. You have a different itinerary to what is on ncl.com?

2. Why non Australian bookings are not allowed to cancel?

3. Why the refund offer is so much lower than the previous cruises?

4. When is the azipod issue likely to be fixed?

5. When can we book shore excursions?

6. Why ncl is not sending messages especially as they have a messaging function within their online check in requirements?

7. Will ncl be offering more shore excursions than usual given that it is impossible to book private excursions as we don't know what the real itinerary is likely to be?

8. Will any cancelled port charges be refunded?

Thanks

So if communication with ncl Australia has been good can you tell me why:

1. You have a different itinerary to what is on ncl.com?

2. Why non Australian bookings are not allowed to cancel?

3. Why the refund offer is so much lower than the previous cruises?

4. When is the azipod issue likely to be fixed?

5. When can we book shore excursions?

6. Why ncl is not sending messages especially as they have a messaging function within their online check in requirements?

7. Will ncl be offering more shore excursions than usual given that it is impossible to book private excursions as we don't know what the real itinerary is likely to be?

8. Will any cancelled port charges be refunded?

Thanks

TEAMFLAMES: regarding #7 -- at twice the cost of private excursions :eek: Looking forward to meeting you onboard ... BettyNL