Carnival gold member, but never done drink package

agreenway6

I am still just FLOORED at how much Carnival charges for their drink package.

We cruised on RCCL (Oasis) in June, 7 nights. DH and I, both got the Unlimited drink package for $375.00 TOTAL for the TWO of us. With ZERO restrictions.:eek::eek: Just an FYI, we are Carnival cruisers. Just wanted to try out Oasis.

For our upcoming Magic cruise, they want $919 for the two of us.

This is an 8 night Eastern with 4 ports, so DH is hesitant to do it.

We USUALLY ring up about a $900.00 bar tab, so I think he's wrong.:rolleyes:

So torn, but again, why is RCCL SO much lower? It baffles me..:confused:

We cruised on RCCL (Oasis) in June, 7 nights. DH and I, both got the Unlimited drink package for $375.00 TOTAL for the TWO of us. With ZERO restrictions.:eek::eek: Just an FYI, we are Carnival cruisers. Just wanted to try out Oasis.

Hmm... this is a good question. When I googled the RCCL Ultimate drink package price, this picture says it's $65 per person per day, which is significantly more than Carnival's $50 pp/d price. I know that RCCL doesn't require both people in a cabin to purchase the package, but you said you both did. I am confused here!

0297ce63dd3375c6744fc7ba21d1b93c.jpg

I'm confused as well. This is the second time I saw this exact same post and it was discredited there too. I'm wondering if this person works for RCCL or has some other motivation. Sorry if it's not true, but it sort of looks that way. It is probably a much better cruise line, but I for one can't afford it.

I'm confused as well. This is the second time I saw this exact same post and it was discredited there too. I'm wondering if this person works for RCCL or has some other motivation. Sorry if it's not true, but it sort of looks that way. It is probably a much better cruise line, but I for one can't afford it.

Guys, I swear I don't work for RCCL. I am a Carnival girl.......

Just telling you the facts. I will see if I can find my paperwork.....

Not lying..... They were running a sale, but it wasn't that big of a sale.....

I think I left my binder in the cabin, but I KID YOU NOT.

Maybe we just lucked out........

Hey, I believe you if you say so! I just don't know how you got that. Heck, let me know if you ever find out. Must've been some sort of deal!

Edited by heather9844

Yeah, but you're paying more for your cruise...that's really how NCL and RCCL make those sales look so great. They offer you free drink package or something like that, but the price of the cabin itself is much higher. If you total the full cost cabin type to cabin type I have a feeling you'll see the difference there. We were booked for the same week (feb vacation) originally on NCL, then realized that we were spending close to $200 more a person vs going on Carnival. I know one could argue the quality of the cruise lines cannot be compared, so that's always an issue but overall, price tag to price tag, you'll see Carnival is more budget friendly.

Yeah, but you're paying more for your cruise...that's really how NCL and RCCL make those sales look so great. They offer you free drink package or something like that, but the price of the cabin itself is much higher. If you total the full cost cabin type to cabin type I have a feeling you'll see the difference there. We were booked for the same week (feb vacation) originally on NCL, then realized that we were spending close to $200 more a person vs going on Carnival. I know one could argue the quality of the cruise lines cannot be compared, so that's always an issue but overall, price tag to price tag, you'll see Carnival is more budget friendly.

I agree with you 100%. However, on this sailing, and we went in June, the oceanview balcony was only $200.00 more than Carnival, so we jumped on it, as we wanted to try Oasis or Allure. And I have to say, we were SHOCKED at the price of the drink package. And we definitely KILLED it. Not sure what happened, but we certainly lucked out...:D:D

Ok I'm sorry I am blowing up this thread.... But I wanted to make sure your questions were answered.

To clarify:

- Yes, it includes shots. That will count as 1 drink against your 15 per day limit.

- Yes, it is more expensive on the ship. It is $50/person/day if you purchase ahead of time and $55/p/d if you buy it on the ship.

- If you plan on drinking 5 or more drinks per day, I believe yes it's worth it and it pays for itself. It is ESPECIALLY worth it if you also drink things like energy drinks, specialty coffees, milkshakes, Gatorade, soda, etc., because those are included as well.

Ok I'm sorry... I'm done posting all over this thread for now!

What he said! I made the mistake of not getting it on the 11day repo cruise. Now that it includes coffees and shakes, sodas and energy drinks it is well worth it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

We also went out of Galveston in May and we waited until the 2nd day to purchase it. They prorated it because of the Texas law. We think it is worth it just simply because we will try new things and not worry if we don't like it. I also like the sweet frozen drinks but then I like wine at dinner. We don't come close to our limit but for us it is worth it especially now that they have added bottled water and coffees. Shots are included in the package too. Have fun.

Wouldn't they prorate/charge for days it is usuable even if prepurchased?

Don't think Carnival can charge you the day not used I.e. 1st day.

Wouldn't they prorate/charge for days it is usuable even if prepurchased?

Don't think Carnival can charge you the day not used I.e. 1st day.

Correct, they do prorate it for Galveston cruises. For example, I'm cruising in February on a 4-day cruise, but I am only paying for 3 days of the drink package. I have to pay for all my drinks like normal (pay as I go) on Day 1, which really sucks. Damn Texas liquor laws.... UGH.

For our upcoming RCI cruise (our first) we caught a sale for the drink package at $38pp! We both got it at that price for our 7 day cruise, but loved the fact that they don't force everyone in the room to get it.

We have 3 Carnival cruises on the books, but are torn as to whether it would be worth it to get it. It would be really nice if a) they lift the "everyone buys" rule (DH can drink more than me) or b) they would run "sales" pre-cruise!

Meanwhile, I have until September to figure it out...

Bottled water from any bar or the coffee shop but only the normal size are free the large ones like you get for being gold status or above you would not get included ( except I think the dining room will give you the large and include in program) the energy drinks are at the coffee shop as are the milk shakes.

We have four adults and 2 children traveling.

We are getting two rooms.

We have a couples with one child each.

So the plan is, one adult stays with 2 children in one cabin and the other room has three adults in the cabin.

If that one adult orders the CHEERS package and gets the sticker. Would it be possible to change rooms after that? Back to the two adults with one child each. Would the other adult have to buy the CHEERS?

We just booked an NCL cruise for next summer and got the drink package as a promo. Their price is $79.00 per day and does NOT include specialty coffee and bottled water. Which is a bummer for DH as he doesn't drink alcoholic beverages. :mad:

Just got off Jewel of the Seas. Their drinks program was $50 a day per person. We didn't get it being we thought it only included alcoholic drinks. But later found out that an couple we met only bought it for the husband as the wife didn't drink much. I wasn't aware of the 5 minute wait time. As she did have some drinks. Which he bought for her. I asked a bar tender if both my husband and I had to get it and he said no.

But three days into the cruise Royal Caribbean promoted an 10 drinks for $60. Most of the drinks on Royal was around $9-12. :eek: That shock us, since we haven't cruise in a year. We jump on that deal as we could "share" the card. We ended up getting two cards for $120.

If Carnival had a deal like that we would buy it. They should have other "drink" programs other then the $50 a day program. Or a tiered program for people that drink less, even when they include the other drinks like water and specialty coffee.

Was rethinking the drink program for our Feb cruise on Liberty. But still can't see spending $300 for an 3 day cruise. Plus I don't know if we would "break even" on the program.