Christmas Cruise Gala Nights?

lorimay

We are on the Koningsdam for the Christmas cruise departing December 23rd. I'm just trying to figure out which night I should book for the Pinnacle. We like to be in the MDR on Gala nights. Here's the itinerary. Any guesses? Also, will there be special menu on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

Dec 23 - Depart

Dec 24 - At Sea

Dec 25 - Grand Turk 8 - 3

Dec 26 - San Juan 1 - 11

Dec 27 - St. Thomas 8 - 5

Dec 28 - At Sea

Dec 29 - HMC 8 - 4

Dec 30 - Disembark

Thanks for your help!

We are on the Koningsdam for the Christmas cruise departing December 23rd. I'm just trying to figure out which night I should book for the Pinnacle. We like to be in the MDR on Gala nights. Here's the itinerary. Any guesses? Also, will there be special menu on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

Dec 23 - Depart

Dec 24 - At Sea

Dec 25 - Grand Turk 8 - 3

Dec 26 - San Juan 1 - 11

Dec 27 - St. Thomas 8 - 5

Dec 28 - At Sea

Dec 29 - HMC 8 - 4

Dec 30 - Disembark

Thanks for your help!

I agree, 24th and 28th would be normal, but with Christmas, Gala could be either 24th or 25th. Or one of those date could be Gala Optional.

The Christmas Eve menu is fantastic! Much better than the Christmas Day one. I wouldn't miss either, so OI would be booking the Pinnacle on the 26th or 27th.

Have a great Christmas!!!

Edited by SilvertoGold

I am also on this cruise! I assume that the 24th and 28th will be Gala nights with a Christmas Day dinner on the 25th. Since we plan to eat dinner in San Juan on the 26th, we plan to have dinner in Pinnacle and Tamarind on the 27th and 29th.

Last year on the Oosterdam, we had gala on the 24th and then a gala optional on the 25th. Threw us for a bit of a loop as the 24th was the second gala already and then suddenly there was a third (albeit optional). We knew prior that there were 2 but not three.

We are on the NA for New Years and trying to figure out if they will do this again based on sea days etc.

Last year on the Oosterdam, we had gala on the 24th and then a gala optional on the 25th. Threw us for a bit of a loop as the 24th was the second gala already and then suddenly there was a third (albeit optional). We knew prior that there were 2 but not three.

We are on the NA for New Years and trying to figure out if they will do this again based on sea days etc.

Gala Optional? Isn't Gala always optional?