Freedom Of The Seas mattresses

Having had 6 cruises on Navigator this year, with the hard as a rock mattresses, I am seeking responses from those who have cruised on Freedom this year.

Fortunately I was tipped off about Navigator's mattresses before the first cruise, so I came prepared. If Freedom has the same mattresses I want to again come prepared.

Some people can sleep on the floor and be comfortable, but with arthritis I'm not one of them.

We are not in a suite, I'm pretty sure the suites have better beds.

I will appreciate all constructive comments about your experiance on Freedom's beds.

Thank you! :)

Having had 6 cruises on Navigator this year, with the hard as a rock mattresses, I am seeking responses from those who have cruised on Freedom this year.

Fortunately I was tipped off about Navigator's mattresses before the first cruise, so I came prepared. If Freedom has the same mattresses I want to again come prepared.

Some people can sleep on the floor and be comfortable, but with arthritis I'm not one of them.

We are not in a suite, I'm pretty sure the suites have better beds.

I will appreciate all constructive comments about your experiance on Freedom's beds.

Thank you! :)

Sailed on FOS recently and like you was concerned about cement mattress reports. I brought an air mattress as insurance as I was told foam mattress toppers were not available.

I requested a mattress topper from Special Needs. It was, in fact, in place in my Deck 6 PR room when I arrived. Additionally, there was a solid core foam mattress on the bed which was super comfortable. I slept great the entire week. Couldn't have been happier with bed and bedding.

I was on Freedom Nov 12th, balcony on 8th level. No problem w/ the mattresses for my adult daughter and I, and I have rheumatoid arthritis and my daughter suffers from significant back pain from major MVA yrs ago w/ multiple back fractures. So I'm pretty darn picky. The pillows kinda sucked, way too soft and empty for me, so just doubled them up. Don't know if this helps cause it's only my perception. I did notice both beds had foam overlays tho.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I had a jr. suite at the back of the ship and I remember the bed being very comfortable. I didn't think to ask for any mattress topper, but I certainly didn't need it. I have a soft bed at home and thought the bed was comfortable for a cruise ship.

I was on Freedom over Thanksgiving; I thought the beds were fine. Could have used a couple more pillows though, we had one of the newer cabins on deck 12. I had read here that the beds were hard on Freedom so I requested the pad but I don't know if I ever got one, I never looked because the bed was fine w/me. :)

• 2 weeks later...

We were in multiple cabins over our cruise....have a trip report submitted that will explain it. RCCL did us right. Just say'n.

Cabins 3552 and 3554 had foam toppers and were great for us. We slept in 3552 5 nights and some variation of the our 3 sons slept in 3554 2 or 3 night depending on the night.

Cabin 6005 - Family suite - all 3 sons slept in there 1 night and had no complaints about the bedding.

Cabins 9232 and 9234 - We slept one night in 9232 and found the bed to be firmer that we like but nothing too crazy. Boys slept in 9234 multiple nights and had no complaints.

I found the pillows to actually be quite good compared to past cruises.