Quantum Class Ships - Best Venue for SailAway

QE2_Fan

Hello Sailors!

We will shortly (20 Feb) be boarding our first RCCL cruise. Aboard Ovation of the Seas.

Our roll call is pondering a very critical element of the cruise.

Which is the best bar/venue to have Sailaway at?![emoji898][emoji38][emoji898]

We have sailed aboard Celebrity Solstice a few times and traditionally the aft Sunset Bar up on Deck 15 was 'the' place to go as outdoors and offered great views of the port (Sydney Harbour, AUS in our case) as we sailed out.

Not sure Ovation has a similar venue, and also heard some bars are small or not well staffed (270, North Star Bar?), which we want to avoid being part of a large group.

Appreciate your input into this critical (lol) element of our inaugural cruise with Royal, and Ovation!! [emoji13][emoji484]

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For our last cruise, which was on Anthem out of New York harbour, we did part of the sail away from the outside viewing platforms over the bridge wings. Also the view was good from inside the Solarium at the front. Go to link below for access information.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2436392

Manhattan, NYC from a distance.

attachment.php?attachmentid=401089&d=1483362230

Going under Varrazano Narrows bridge.

attachment.php?attachmentid=401090&d=1483362230

P3071609.jpg.a27f8533e0b1046096803667d622151e.jpg

P3071615.jpg.8ab7d67a3c73fb4e3321f8e446a850b4.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

For our last cruise, which was on Anthem out of New York harbour, we did part of the sail away from the outside viewing platforms over the bridge wings. Also the view was good from inside the Solarium at the front. Go to link below for access information.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2436392

Manhattan, NYC from a distance.

Another vote for the wings. It gets pretty windy so dress warm but its a amazing view, you feel so close to the bridge. The Solarium bar is not that far away but its inside.

I'll have to propose that to our group for our upcoming March cruise. How many people do you suppose can fit on one of those observation platforms? Rough guess...

Thanks

dp

I'll have to propose that to our group for our upcoming March cruise. How many people do you suppose can fit on one of those observation platforms? Rough guess...

Thanks

dp

I would guess 20 would be crowded or packed out there.

attachment.php?attachmentid=401092&d=1483368101

P1040932.jpg.00dc7808bc793aef2c2e687cf61e82f8.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Thank you, and sorry for my absence - had a few dramas to deal with!

I didn't know about the wings above the bridge, looks an awesome spot although I think our group is looking for an area with bar service [emoji38][emoji898]

I suppose the Solarium isn't far away, else seems the other spot is North Star Bar.

Had anyone hung out at the back of Windjammers on Deck 14? There is an outdoor space there and assume Windjammer has a bar (if not an outdoor one also?).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We started out at North Star bar but it was too crowded. We just walked further back on that same deck and hung out. They had beverage carts set up at sail away so you didn't have to wait on the bar lines. Of course the drinks are limited but it was fast service.

Sent from my iPad using Forums