Shareholders OBC

Billy and Charlie's Mum

My aim is to go on so many cruises and get so much OBC (not to mention dividends) that it covers the initial cost of the shares and it doesn't matter if the share price drops to nothing. ;) At the moment I am almost halfway to that goal and the share price is on track to doubling my initial investment. That's after four and a half years.

Does this all sound like a justification for more cruises? :D

I purchased Carnival shares through ETrade Australia five years ago when the AUD was high then sold them after a QM2 cruise and when our dollar dropped, for a nice profit. Have since bought back in and just had the OBC for a Princess cruise and will soon apply for a QM2 journey.

Does anyone know when the next shareholders meeting is? The one last year was in New York, there was a policy years ago they were supposed to alternate NY and London, don't know if that was quietly dropped.

If I manage to make the meeting, I'll be happy to raise the issue of Australian OBC.

Fantasy, I'm with you, my OBC is already halfway to paying for my shares.

• 2 weeks later...
Success! I rang again and stated my case and they agreed and have now added our OBC. US $ 250 will go a long way towards the wine for dinner!

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

I have just received exactly the same initial info as you did - does not qualify.

I will keep contacting them as you did.

My aim is to go on so many cruises and get so much OBC (not to mention dividends) that it covers the initial cost of the shares and it doesn't matter if the share price drops to nothing. ;) At the moment I am almost halfway to that goal and the share price is on track to doubling my initial investment. That's after four and a half years.

Does this all sound like a justification for more cruises? :D

Of course it justifies more cruises! I bought stock when it was low, and with the OBC, dividends, and rising share price, I'm well "above water," as my father used to say.

I often have trouble with the OBC on Cunard. I don't know why, but I never get a confirmation and about half the time I don't get the OBC. I travel with copies of paperwork, and the ship always makes it right. But it's annoying.

Of course it justifies more cruises! I bought stock when it was low, and with the OBC, dividends, and rising share price, I'm well "above water," as my father used to say.

I often have trouble with the OBC on Cunard. I don't know why, but I never get a confirmation and about half the time I don't get the OBC. I travel with copies of paperwork, and the ship always makes it right. But it's annoying.

We have had similar problems with Cunard and this benefit. They never provide confirmations. So we ask for help from our TA who monitors our OBC and when it doesn't show up, he hassles Cunard. A pain, but there you have it.

Being a nag has paid off! I wonder how many they have gotten away with from people who don't Purservere?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

I really don't like nagging so it's a little annoying that this is what we need to do. The OBC will pay for gratuities.