Public skating & ice show tickets on Adventure of the Seas

Salo

Any ideas when the ice rink on the Adventure of the Seas is open for public skating? We'll be cruising in 41 days (wohoo!) and doing the Southern Caribbean with one sea day so I'm wondering if that's the only day the skating if possible.

Another question: will the ice show tickets be available to book in advance? I have been checking the Cruise planner daily for months and I haven't seen anything about the ice show. Loved it on our previous cruise on FOS and really don't want to miss it!

On the B2B2B Navigator cruises we did open ice skating was available throughout the cruises even on port days when it was in the early evening before the dining started and around the all onboard time.

Ice show tickets were available on day 1 and 2 and not online in advance. Details for both were in the daily Cruise Compass.

This was a couple years ago in Jan/15.

Thank you all!

We were on the Freedom of the Seas two years ago and back then the ice show tickets had to be booked in advance. I wasn't sure if the show on our upcoming cruise was already full booked as it hasn't showed up on the Cruise Planner.

I believe last time the skating was available only on our two sea days but if we'll now get to skate more we may end up taking our own skates with us. It will so much fun! :)

Skating was available more days than just the sea day. Not sure if it's the same on Adventure (we chose to not skate this time) but the more recent time we were on freedom you needed to be there early to sign up and if you got there later you were out of luck. So just in case, go early to sign up.

If you're the type to have and bring your own skates please sign up during the advanced sessions. Beginners and advanced people on that tiny ice together are a danger to each other. Some Minnesota hockey people doing tricks were nearly taking out the beginners trying to hug the walls on our first freedom cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're the type to have and bring your own skates please sign up during the advanced sessions. Beginners and advanced people on that tiny ice together are a danger to each other. Some Minnesota hockey people doing tricks were nearly taking out the beginners trying to hug the walls on our first freedom cruise.

My two sons play junior hockey and last time they hated it when they had to use the figure skates! I don't think they will skate at all without their own skates this time. I didn't know there are advanced sessions, thanks for the tip, will try to sign up on those!

You probably won't need tickets...there will be at least 4 shows (all the same) to choose from. If you DO need tickets, you will be informed and told when and where to pick them up.

Can't help with the passenger skating times...the last thing I need to do on a cruise is break an ankle!!!

Edited by cb at sea