Decision Time! Allure or Carnival Vista

DShock

I say allure because there are many activities for kids on both, but the adults will enjoy the allure much better.

Plus your kids will probably love the flow rider on the allure

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Really depends on how much you like to be entertained. The Vista will have around 8 comedy shows to see throughout the cruise, the Allure will have one. Allure will have very little for trivia and other silly but fun games like the Vista will. Carnival kid clubs are WAY better than on RCI, well according to my daughter and her friends at least.

The Allure does have some high quality shows but it really will take up around 2-4 hours of your entire cruise so for most people not necessarily worth picking a cruise over. Carnival's shows are pretty decent anyways.

If you don't really like doing the entertainment part and just want to do a little of this and that then Allure might be better for you. I was on the Allure and it was a decent cruise, but I did feel more than a little underwhelmed to be honest.

Really depends on how much you like to be entertained. The Vista will have around 8 comedy shows to see throughout the cruise, the Allure will have one. Allure will have very little for trivia and other silly but fun games like the Vista will. Carnival kid clubs are WAY better than on RCI, well according to my daughter and her friends at least.

The Allure does have some high quality shows but it really will take up around 2-4 hours of your entire cruise so for most people not necessarily worth picking a cruise over. Carnival's shows are pretty decent anyways.

If you don't really like doing the entertainment part and just want to do a little of this and that then Allure might be better for you. I was on the Allure and it was a decent cruise, but I did feel more than a little underwhelmed to be honest.

Look OP, I am horribly biased as I haven't been on Carnival since I was a kid and now with my own family just started cruising. We were on the Allure when my rising 4 year old was 15 months and since then we've been on a Disney cruise with a 3 year old and 11 month old and are looking forward to another Allure in May when the kids turn 4 and 2 respectively. Disney was great but we liked the Allure much better and that says a lot considering the knock out reviews that Disney gets. The shows are top notch, we did specialty dining on the allure but found the MDT to be very good on most nights, and the carousel and other activities for children as young as mine were incredible. But here's the important thing, even without the specific kids events I felt like there was never a dull moment nor a want for something to do. It is the destination which explains the limited port choices. Finally, just look at the overall reviews, Allure 78% favorable to Vista's 60%. So yes I'd weigh somebody's opinion who has sailed each ship more important than mine but in my mind after sailing two well rated cruise lines and having sailed the Allure before it's not even a decision that needs consideration. Enjoy the Allure!!!

What's the price difference? Are the itineraries similar? Unless the Vista is substantially cheaper and/or has a more appealing itinerary, I'd go with Allure. We actually have both booked right now: Allure for spring break 2017 and Vista for spring break 2018. I'll be traveling with DH and our 13 year old DD, and all three of us are over-the-top excited about our cruise on Allure. I'm not as excited about our Vista cruise and am considering canceling it, even though we have one of the coveted Havana Cabana Suites. The reviews are definitely taking the wind out of our sails a bit. While there have been some positive reviews, the majority seem to be negative. I'm going to wait for more reviews from people who've sailed out of Miami before deciding for sure.

Done both, they are different experiences so it depends a bit on what you are excited by when cruising.

Personally had a good time on both, preferred Vista slightly and found pricing on Vista to be better.

Assuming pricing to be even, probably lean Allure just to say you sailed O class at least once but I would expect pricing to be better on Vista.

Our 13 year old outgrew the kids club and isn't ready for the teen club but enjoyed Vista more than Allure. Vista pool area is definitely less than Allures but waterslides, ropes course the sky-bike thing, etc. made up for that for him. He also enjoyed the 3D theater and the comedy club on Vista but there either wasn't a kid friendly one on Allure or the show was full I don't recall which.

We have been cruising since 2002 but haven't sailed a Disney ship so can't compare also, we have not been on an Oasis Class, however, my husband may not be able to join me on future cruises after our April 2018 Caribbean so I made the decision if that ends up being his final cruise, that we will transfer our booking to the Oasis and make the ship our vacation. My husband is fine but it is getting harder for him to travel and walk around long distances.