"Dancing of the Ships"

js

If I was going to bet on what was going to happen I would say Horizon will do her TA in May, summer in New York with a few sailings possibly from Boston, then come down to Miami to take up the 6/8 run probably in October.

Not the normal pattern.

Carnival ships spend the first 6 or so months in Europe and than do TA in fall.

Ecstasy and Sunshine schedules are out now for the Summer and beyond 2018. No change in ports for either. So unless New York is getting the Horizon for a spell, there won't be any ships out of there for Summer 2018.

which is very sad if carnival decides not sail out of NYC in 2018. Unless carnival feels they can not compete with both the Norwegian Escape and RCCL ship out of NYC which are both mega ships

which is very sad if carnival decides not sail out of NYC in 2018. Unless carnival feels they can not compete with both the Norwegian Escape and RCCL ship out of NYC which are both mega ships

Yes I'm feeling very bummed about this schedule. There's nothing for New York for 2018. Maybe Horizon will be here for a while. Time will tell.

Not the normal pattern.

Carnival ships spend the first 6 or so months in Europe and than do TA in fall.

Well a Vista class ship is scheduled to be in Gibraltar in May and is not on the port schedule at all in the fall. So I am going to stick with my prediction.

Maybe the Horizon spends more time in Ny and comes down, to Miami in September. I'm sure Carnival will move the Horizon to Miami the second that the Vista is gone. Then maybe the dream to the west coast in 2019 and the Magic to NOLA, Breeze to Miami. Put the Horizon at Port Canaveral when the vista 3 gets here in 2019. then move the Breeze to FLL in 2020 when the mega class ship gets to Miami in 2020 and the Glory to San Juan. Just my guess

Well, now that Sunshine and Ecstacy's schedules are posted, it looks like NYC and Norfolk both lost out for 2018.

The one hope left is that Sunshine does have a 3-week gap in her schedule after September 29th's 8 Day sailing. Nothing after that until October 28. So, theoretically, she could head up to Norfolk or New York. But that could also be for a Dry Dock.

My guess is that they decided not to do NYC in 2018, for whatever reason; and in the process, Norfolk also got shafted because we always got whichever ship was doing the Canaveral / NYC run.

Unless they have some unexpected surprise up their sleeves?

Anyhow, I'm bummed. If they had sailed from Norfolk in 2018, I was ready to book. Now, I'll just wait. May or may not sail with them next year.

Edited by EdmundXXIII

Since the Splendor is leaving us in 2019, I have a feeling that they'll send either the Glory or one of the Dream class ships to the WC. If it's one of the Dream class ships and a new itinerary for us, Carnival will attract more cruisers out in the WC

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by DJW8385

With P&O Australia receiving Splendor (as well as a Princess ship Spring 2017 and the two HAL ships last year) I have a suspicion that Sprit or Legend might come back to the US. It seems like the Australian market is going to have a lot of capacity in the upcoming years. That could solve the Long Beach vacancy after Splendor leaves the fleet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
If I was going to bet on what was going to happen I would say Horizon will do her TA in May, summer in New York with a few sailings possibly from Boston, then come down to Miami to take up the 6/8 run probably in October.

Well no Boston and she is moving to Miami in Sept. But I will still toot my own horn a bit. Closer than I have been before in my guessing.