Surprising granddaughter with trip.

SuiteCruisin14

Our Granddaughter is graduating in May with a Bachelor Degree in Psychology, what is so special?

She is only 19! We are surprising her with a small cruise and 5 days in Barcelona post cruise. We want to present differently than, "here is a trip". I am interested in any way you may have surprised someone. We have thought of a few hints, like some Euros, a luggage tag, Spanish dictionary.

What suggestions might you have? Thanks in advance.

Lynda

You are an amazing grandma.

For Christmas I surprised my mom with a cruise via a shutterfly calendar.

I made the calendar for the year and on the days of the cruise I filled in the ports etc....

She read the calendar and did not even notice it!

You are an amazing grandma.

For Christmas I surprised my mom with a cruise via a shutterfly calendar.

I made the calendar for the year and on the days of the cruise I filled in the ports etc....

She read the calendar and did not even notice it!

I could do that if I had time but we need to present it this week-end as she has to renew a passport.

Lynda

I could do that if I had time but we need to present it this week-end as she has to renew a passport.

Lynda

Perhaps you can just give her a hand-written card with all of the information and the details written completely in Spanish. (Get it via google translate.)

Give her a Spanish-English dictionary to translate it.

Not sure what else to do on such short notice.

How wonderful that you are doing this!

Get hold of her passport and fill in an application for the renewal; give it to her, with a cheque for the cost, to sign.

An application for a Spanish Visa.

Just so there's no confusion...probably not many countries from which Spain requires a special visa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about getting parents to tell here they are planning family holiday later in the year. Due to long delays at passport office they want her to renew passport now. Or they want to be able to take advantage of last minute deals so she needs passport to be ready if they find a deal.

Or pretend you are taking her to Mexico and see how long it takes her to notice your boarding a plane to Spain. (I am assuming you are in the US)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Get two boxes. Put a crappy gift in one box and a plastic ship with a pic of BCN in the other box. Give her the crappy gift and watch her open it. Then tell her that she can keep the crappy gift or trade it for what is in the other box. As for the ship box, get a oversized box with lots of packing so she has to dig for it. You get the idea ...

Get two boxes. Put a crappy gift in one box and a plastic ship with a pic of BCN in the other box. Give her the crappy gift and watch her open it. Then tell her that she can keep the crappy gift or trade it for what is in the other box. As for the ship box, get a oversized box with lots of packing so she has to dig for it. You get the idea ...

Awesome idea.

My siblings and I gave my parents a cruise for their birthdays. We wrapped presents for them to open, suntan lotion, sunglasses, seasick pills, a travel guide to the area we went, etc. After they opened a few they got the idea and opening the rest was fun.

Thank you all for the great ideas. Presenting her with a box of clues tomorrow. We have Euros, luggage tags, passport renewal forms and we printed out some tourist reviews that do not identify the location.

I will already be in Barcelona when she flies over to meet me so we have to make sure she goes to the right place.

Thanks, again

Lynda