Need to lose 50 by Oct 2006 anyone else??

Guest hockeychic

Joining in.... I need to lose 50 pounds by October 13,2006. I can't believe it is 50, used to be just 30, then 40, now 50???:eek: I was so encouraged though by looking at the first few pages of this thread and then the last few and saw Momofslg is almost there! Way to go!

Welcome, McDebbie! Yes, isn't it amazing how those pounds can creep up on you? I can remember looking in a mirror one day and thinking "whose body is THAT???" surely not mine! Well, it was, so here I am. While I didn't actually join WW again, I've got all the stuff and have been writing down everything that goes in my mouth. Have found that really works well. Will probably not be cruising again until fall, but have a convention in Reno in June with a formal dinner - would like to not have to wear a tent this year!

I have now lost a total of 8.2 pounds per WW - I was hoping for more by now, but I also know that at this rate I will lose more than 5# per month and will lose my 40# by the end of October - (as long as I don't get discouraged). How come it is so easy to look at the weight not lost and then decide to give up?!!! I guess I just need to look at it that the 8.2 pounds are # that I will never have to lose again. Jan

Jan,

You are so right! I look at the 100 I have to go and somehow manage to discount the 32 I have lost already!

I am cruising in October too. I had that "I will weigh" chart in my head and in my journal. I decided to let that go! I will strive for no more than 2 pounds per week as recommended. Even if I only 1 pound per week, I'd still lose around 30 pounds. I think that 62 rather than none sounds pretty good.

My weight loss this week is 1.5.

Hi, guys - well, it's Thursday again. Down another 1.5 this week to 187. I'll take it! Went to a funeral yesterday for DH's uncle - of course, there was a buffet dinner following. I was pretty good - stuck to salad, salmon and some penne with vodka sauce (OK, not too good, but I took very small portions). Did have a bite of DH's cheesecake, but at least I didn't eat a whole piece which I surely would have previously. Avoided the wine and just had ice water.

Weather looks like it's improving, and I look forward to starting a walking program. Gosh, Jan, I'm not sure if I could take the Maine winters - I just tend to hibernate in the winter and get fatter. Denese, you're doing great! You really do need to take it in small increments - if you look at the whole picture, it becomes discouraging. I'm trying to just look at 5 lb. increments.

Is anyone else a "Biggest Loser" fan? I felt so sorry for the gal last night who had had "the surgery" and then got fat again. I'll be rooting for her to succeed with this.

Is anyone else a "Biggest Loser" fan? I felt so sorry for the gal last night who had had "the surgery" and then got fat again. I'll be rooting for her to succeed with this.
I love that show, it's always so motivating - well, for the hour it's on. :D I only noticed one mention of her having the surgery, did you see any more? I thought they downplayed that quite a bit. Go Navy! I want to apply for a special edition for those of us over 50 (just barely) as we have special "needs". :rolleyes:

I love that show, it's always so motivating - well, for the hour it's on. :D I only noticed one mention of her having the surgery, did you see any more? I thought they downplayed that quite a bit. Go Navy! I want to apply for a special edition for those of us over 50 (just barely) as we have special "needs". :rolleyes:

They mentioned it at the very beginning (when she lifted her shirt and showed her scar) and then later in the show, Bob mentioned it. I have a friend (well, actually, I'm not very fond of her, so maybe acquaintance is a better word) who had the lapband surgery, lost only about 70 lbs. (she was well over 400 lbs.), but then had it removed. Probably gained everything back. Another friend (I'm a cat breeder - seems to attract a lot of "fluffy" people) had the gastric bypass. She's only 40 and has lost 230 lbs. Now she needs to have a lot of loose skin removed.

I was thinking it would be neat to have an over 50 group, but I guess they would be afraid of pushing us geriatrics too hard - insurance issues and all that. I can see it's way harder at this age, but will keep plugging along.

Got on the scale this morning and I'm at 153.5. Only 3.5# until my origional goal of 150. But I decided to change my goal to 140, so now I have 13.5# to go.

I bought "the biggest loser" exercise dvd (haven't tried it yet) I've heard that it's good. I will let everyone know.

hi I am new to this thread I sail 10-1-06 on the miracle. Truthfully I am not so much encouraged to lose anymore for my cruise but lately I think I am feeling the effect of my weight. I am only 29 and I know that I feel. Cruise is a plus too. My goal is 45 lbs. by sail date but overall 100 lbs. I think 45 is realistic. Please let me know about the Biggest loser video. There are so many diets out there what diet method does everyone use? Calories, south beach etc.?

hi I am new to this thread I sail 10-1-06 on the miracle. Truthfully I am not so much encouraged to lose anymore for my cruise but lately I think I am feeling the effect of my weight. I am only 29 and I know that I feel. Cruise is a plus too. My goal is 45 lbs. by sail date but overall 100 lbs. I think 45 is realistic. Please let me know about the Biggest loser video. There are so many diets out there what diet method does everyone use? Calories, south beach etc.?

Welcome to the group, Stephanie! I think at your age, 45 lbs. by 10/1 is very realistic. If you go over to the new Nutrisystem thread, I just posted what I have been doing since January (no, not Nutrisystem, but my own "cheap" version).

Hello, I am also in the process of loosing weight. I started at the end of February and am in my 4th week. I have lost 11 lb.s! I have quite a bit to go but I will get there. We have a cruise planned for Oct. 30th 2006.This will be our fourth cruise and I actually want to enjoy it this time! I have been walking about 30 minutes on my treadmill eveyday and watching my fat grams and calories. Good up the good job yall!

Thursday morning weigh-in - only down 1 lb. this week, but at least it's something. We had great weather on Saturday, so I went out and walked for 45 minutes - alas, it turned cold and nasty on Sunday, so . . . . I did clean out my bedroom closet on Sunday and bagged two big bags of stuff for Goodwill.

Did have a really bad day Tuesday - my cat was in labor, so I didn't get to go to the store and cook a nice healthy meal as intended, so DH sent out for Italian - and, I ate the whole plate of pasta AND some bread - not good at all! See what stress will do to you!!! Anyway, she had four lovely babies and I'm now back on track.

Hi everyone. we are crusing in Oct 2006 and hubby and self are trying WW. Started yesterday. Hope to be realistic about losing because the process is so incrediable slow the older i get. A few years ago, i lost about 70lbs doing low carb. Stuck with it for quite awhile and then fell off the wagon gaining some of the weight back. trying WW now and would like to lose 30 lbs. Thats 4 lbs a month.

It will be nice to have encouragement from others- it is tough. i do know when you are over 50, exercise is a must but it is so hard to get back into that.

Ok... good luck everyone. We are all in to this together!

Gail

Well I did it, I've achieved my 1st goal of loosing 50 pounds. I now weigh 149. I did set another goal to weigh 140. I hope to achieve this by October. I have a hard time exercising when the weather is so crappy, I can't wait til spring so I can bike ride in the great outdoors again.

Where did everyone go???

I haven't seen any new posts in a long time. I have maintained this week. I haven't tried too hard to loose any, I've been busy shopping. I did finally buy a new pair of jeans. Before the weight loss I was wearing a womens 16 and they were tight, but now much to my surprise I bought a 11 jrs. I went to Victoria's Secret and bought a new bra and I'm down to a 36d from a 40dd.:) I can't wait til daylight savings time so I can start riding my bike outside after dinner again, I miss it. I won't ride in the dark as the route I go on has a few questionable areas. I am hoping to build back up to my 8-10miles 4/5x each week. THis should help with toning the legs. I hate to do crunches but I want to flatten the belly a little (lot).

Hoop to hear results from you all soon.

Lisa

Good morning,

Lisa, Lisa, Lisa, Lisa!

Wow--that is so wonderful. You go girl. Keep it up. Your size difference is enviable. I tend to only go down 1(yes 1) size for every 35 to 40 pounds. :( But it is all good! I am so excited for you.

I weighed in this morning--240 pounds. I lost 1.5. I am so excited to be into another 10 pound goal range. I have decided to surrender to my body and accept loses of 2 pounds or less each week.

Everyone keep up the good work.

Natalie

I am walking in the Kidney Walk next Saturday. I plan to walk 5 miles. Last year I walked 3. With my arthritic knees this is an accomplishment for me.

Ok - I haven't posted in 2 weeks as I have been so frustrated with "stuff" that I have shoved/shoveled tons of food into my mouth. I really wish I wasn't an emotional eater ... perhaps someday I will learn. I am pleased that even though I've eaten tons of girl scout cookies, fritos, cake, popcicles, that I only managed to gain 1 pound in two weeks - so back to getting this blasted weight off - I really would like to be a size 10/12 by October 27th - and I now weigh 196 pounds (shhhhh - its a secret - how it ever happened I don't know - when I started this diet in February I was at 206 - so I have lost 10 pounds)

I am in the process of re-arranging my family room as we just bought a tread mill - I love walking on the treadmill but I've hated having to go to the gym - I can walk as I watch tv (our favorite evening pasttime!!!) Hopefully it will help a little. April will be a new month - we go on vacation the end of April and I always spend lots of time walking and with being active I don't eat as much.

Lisa - you must be so proud of yourself - congratulations - isn't it nice to go shopping and be pleased with the sizing!!! Jan

Glad to hear everyone is doing well - Lisa, that is really impressive. I don't actually know what "number" size I am as I've been wearing stretch pants (size large) for so long. On the upside, they will probably fit through at least a 40 lb. weight loss! I'll be happy if I make it to a 12 eventually. Jan, don't worry - that pound will come off in no time. Actually, I'm jealous - if I'd eaten all that good stuff, it would have been at least 5 lbs.!

This morning, I was 182, down from 205 the first week in January. The weather is finally showing signs of warming up which gets me psyched to go out and walk. Saw lots of people walking this morning as I drove to work - sure wish I was one of those people who could get up an hour early, but I don't see that ever happening.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I didn't weigh in earlier, but I got on the scale this morning and am now at 147. 53 pounds down and 7 more til I hit my new goal.

I hope everyone else comes back to post their results even if they aren't good. We all need support from others, so don't be ashamed if things haven't been going well.

Hi -

Where has everyone been? I think I missed last Thursday - it's been a really busy couple of weeks here. The scale said 179.5 this morning, so that means another "break-through" - can't believe how slow the weight is coming off, but I remind myself that I'm not 30 anymore! The weather is really getting nice, so I've been doing a little walking - also dusted off the old cardioglide machine. Yesterday, I figured my BMI - found I'm still obese - surprise, surprise.

I know it's going to be difficult for everyone these next few days - heck, I have to do Passover AND Easter - whew! Managed to get through last night just having fruit for dessert, but Sunday will bring cannolis . . . .

Geri,

I know exactly what you mean about desserts. I am the Leader for both of my girls Girl Scout troops and I ordered a ton of Girl Scout cookies at the beginning of Jan, and they came in on Ash Wednesday. To make things worse I gave up ALL sweets and ALL fast food for Lent. So now that my family has eaten their own boxes I am waiting for Easter Sunday to have mine (I'm not sharing and you can't make me:D ) So don't expect to see a loss from me next week. I told hubby not to fix an easter basket for me, just give me a box of Tagalongs and some milk and I'll be happy.

I have maintained since last week. Still at 147.5

Lisa

Hi all, First time poster, last year I weight 305 I have lost 40 pounds so far. We leave in Sept for our 13 day Europe cruise, over the next 4 months I want to lose 30 more pounds. I am worried sick about a the walking we will be doing. Its so painful being over wieght. I can see there are alot of women out there like me. Thanks fo the support. Patty

Hi Patty!

Welcome to our happy little home. Congrats ofn your weight loss thus far. I know you will succeed on your weight loss journey. I would love to do a European cruise but I don't see it happening until the kids are out of the house (youngest is only 4) Take your plan 1 day at a time, if you have a bad day, week etc. just remember to start at it again. You will never succeed if you don't at least try. Let us know how you are doing.

When I think about eating because I'm bored I come here to CC and read the boards. This puts me into cruise mode and I know I don't want to look like I did on our last cruise, that is motivation enough.

Lisa

Archived