Need to lose 50 by Oct 2006 anyone else??

Guest hockeychic

Hi all,

Down 1.5 pounds this week. I will stay focused. Was expecting more. :( But alas...it was none gained.

I just bought The Biggest Loser Workout CD! Watching them exercise made me sweat. Keep in mind I have been faithfully working out for more than 4 months. By that I mean going to the Y and doing cardio for 30-40 minutes plus the weight machines 3 times a week and going to water aerobics. So I THOUGHT I had it going on-NOT! I did the "low intensity" workout, which only means you do not jump up and down. I was sweating like a pig,my hair was drenched from the roots to the tips. I know I burned some fat. Since I watched the series it was fun to exercise "with" the folks I grew to admire, love and use as encouragement.

Have a great week. Everybody keep up the good work. Every little or big bit counts!

Hey Denese,

I was thinking about getting that DVD as well. So it sounds like it's a good one? Does it have music too? I enjoy my workouts so much more if there is music to pump me up. I thought that sounded like a good DVD because they said it has 6 different workouts-can you tell me how long they are? Thanks! Kristin

Congrats to everyone's successful week! I think I need a new scale.:p I got on it Thursday and it read two pounds lost. Then I made the mistake of getting on it again a few minutes later and it showed me at the same as last week. ugh! So I am not sure I have lost anything or not. Anyway, I do feel a bit of a difference in my clothes so that is a good thing. I have been on the treadmill everyday for a 30 minute workout which is another good thing.

KDog and anyone else--have you been to http://www.dwlz.com/? It has a lot of links with recipes, food lists, ideas for snacks and meals. It also have a message board. Great site.

Hi everyone,

I really worked it out this morning. I like the Crossramp by Precor. It is the same concept as an elliptical but without the arms and a different type leg motion. Kristin, I too get pumped with music, so I had my iPod with some jammin' get you going hip hop, and some Christian pop and Country western to cool me down. The Biggest Loser low intensity workout is 40 minutes including a 5 minute warm-up and 5 minute cool down. There are 3 other workouts as well. So it can be customized to add the high intensity, boot camp, or muscle sculpting workout all together or in any combination you would like. I do not know how long the other ones are, but they all use the same warm up and cool down. The "music" is ok. You have the option of music only or music and Bob. I liked it with Bob since he talked to "me". It was very encouraging.

Jan-do not let that electronic scale play head games. Just weigh once each week at the same time. I had an "episode" with mine that almost led to me catching a case of scale assault. Do not go down that path. It is not pretty. Take my word for it. LOL

Natalie

We see the world not as it is, but as we are.

Hello everyone I too was a chub on my last cruise and refuse to do it again:mad: . We are going to Hawaii with our whole family in June and a Mexico cruise (just DH and I) in October. Hawaii I hope to be at least 20 down but by October 60 and looking sexy! After 40 blues and menopause is killing me.I know what to do WW and exercise but lately motivation has not been a priority.60 Pounds I thought it would never happen to me.I was always 5-10 overweight but I got lazy and kept drinking and eating i guess. Well I'm glad you all are here to help. Monday is my first meeting back at WW. It's been two years!

Pam, thank you for the website, I will definitely check it out. I have a problem with weighing myself too much, but I've learned to accept my constantly changing weight, and track the loss that stays every week. Within one day my weigh can vary up to 5 pounds. I have even gained and lost up to 3 pounds in an hour! It's crazy!

Natalie (Sorry I assumed Denese:o , I may have before as well, I am kind of a ditz), thanks for the info on the DVD, I think I will get it. I just have to set up a decent area to workout. I have a lot of room in my basement and I think I am going to get those interlocking rubber squares for the floor. I really have my heart set on a treadmill too, but I need a good tax return. :D

Welcome Lani! I am sure you can reach your goals! I started to change the way I eat about 5 weeks ago, and I have lost almost 10 pounds. I am hoping to lose 50 total by June, for my 31st birthday, and so far I am right on track. But, I really need to get more exercise in-I'm just so darn tired! :( Good job at getting back to WW! It has been very successful for some of my friends and family, and I eat WW-approved things as well. My MIL has lost about 60 pounds and kept it off for at least 2 years, which is excellent. Best wishes to you!

Kristin

"You must do the thing you think you cannot do." Eleanor Roosevelt

I think it's cool to have a place on the boards to chat with you guys about this issue.

I have come to a conclusion about my need to lose 45 lbs. I find that by reminding myself that once I lose 45 lbs. the only way to keep it off is to continue to live a more healthy lifestyle. Therefore, I realize that my life

is now changed. Not temporarily. Others whom I wish I could be like are daily watching their calories and getting a walk accomplished.

I used to look at it as something I had to do until I reached my goal. Now I look at it as a new way of living (with benefits). I've found I must keep a daily journal of what I eat. I need to eat smaller meals more frequently.

Instead of going to the ice cream freezer in the store I head to the frozen veggies. I've learned to enjoy them like snacks. I really look forward to

popping some in the micro-wave and having a great cup of tea with them.

I feel like my train is up on the tracks right now and I have lost five pounds.

I just get up everyday and say to myself that my body needs nutrition today!

Found a great free calorie counter on line - it is www.caloriesperhour.com

Be good to yourselves and if you backslide a little - correct yourself at your very next meal.

God Bless!:)

Good morning everyone,

I am down 1.5 pounds this week. Total lost 29 pounds.

I think that I am disappointed again because I have it in my head that I should be losing more each week. The reason I have these thoughts is because the doctor and nutritionist who are supervising the program TOLD me I would lose 10-12 pounds a month. So 6 pounds seems too little, but in reality it is excellent! When I go to the doctor today I am going to discuss this.

I am not exercising as much this week because I am not feeling well. :(

I will let you all know what they say.

Keep up the good work! Maintain your WOEs and WOEXs.

Natalie :)

Hi, all -

Glad to see some new members to this list and that everyone is making some progress. On a personal note, I'm down to 192.5 from 205 the first week in Jan. Am actually starting to "feel" a little smaller, although I have a long way to go! Had a bit of a backslide this weekend - went to Iowa for four days to visit friends and deliver a kitten - although the travel days were good (packed Slimfast meal bars for breakfast and lunch on the plane), did have a few drinks and a couple of desserts - eating out is a killer for me. Weight was up on Tuesday, but back down to where I was last week today, so I'm back on track.

Have found WW works best for me - especially for the long haul. Can't wait for nicer weather so I can start walking outside on my lunch hour. Hmmm, wonder if lifting 20 lb. bags of kittylitter constitutes weight training????

Hi all,

Good job on your losses! I have only lost .5 pounds, to 182, and I have been standing still at that weight for days. This is unusual for me, because I generally have a constantly fluctuating weight, so it really feels "stagnant". I have gone back to work full-time, and I don't eat anything except a little bit for lunch. I think that may have something to do with it. I also need to add some exercise, but I am so tired all the time and I simply don't have the motivation. It is freezing here this weekend, and I am hoping I can get a workout established while I am stuck in the house. Wish me luck!

Momofslg, where are you going in MI? Are you going to the UP, or the northern part of lower Michigan? We are going up for vacation the second weekend in March, to Powderhorn Mountain. That will be the tail end of our week of vacation, we are starting in Chicago to visit family. I am already planning ahead to bring my own food. The restaurants in Chicago always get me-the best food, and too many choices. Good luck, and if you ski a lot, you can burn off any "mistakes".

Take care!

Kristin

We were at Boyne Mountain. It's between Gaylord and Petoskey. I did ski quite a bit but we were with the kiddos (4,5,&8) so I wasn't able to go on too many runs. I behaved myself when dining.:) I feel that I didn't put any weight on. I wore long johns under my jeans and they were still falling off ( I forgot to bring a belt). Have fun on your vacation, I'll post any weight loss on Thursday.

Update: Went to the doctor expressed my sincere displeasure with losing 1.5 pounds a week on such a restricted food plan.

Was encouraged to stick with it.

Making sure I was not eating hidden carbs in things like too much equal (gum, diet pop) , too much cheese, and too much fat-like chicken skin etc..

Lowering the amount of weight I was using at the gym because 1 pound of muscle is equal to 5 pounds fat.

Increasing fish consumption

Getting regular bathroom habits by reintroducing the Metamucil. ( Some of you my recall my sad bathroom problems)

So with that said and done for 1 week only I am down 3 pounds this week-yippee

I started swimming lessons Monday. I am doing free weight at home instead of the machines at the Y (for now). I am also doing the Biggest Loser Workout--it really is good.

So I plan to keep up the cardio and lighter weight training until I am under 200 then I will go back to heavier weights and be ok with slower weight loss while my skin and muscles catch up.

Natalie

Great going, Natalie and Jan! I somehow managed to drop 2 lbs. this week - hoping to be under 190 by next week's weigh-in - haven't seen that in years. Still not doing great on the exercise front - can't wait for warmer weather as I tend to hibernate when it's really cold!

Momofslg - how wonderful for you that you are so close to your goal - how much did you lose all together?

I have started setting monthly goals that will keep me on schedule to October 28th - that way I don't find it so overwhelming to think of the grand total. Right now I weigh 1/2 pound less than my goal for the end of February so I feel great! Jan

Jan-

My goal was to loose 50#(I'm 5'9"). I started off at 200:eek: . As of this morning I weighed 154.5, I may even set a new goal of 140 (I never thought I'd be able to loose this much so I should try) I am watching what I eat very closely, I now see food as a means to survive, not a means to please. I still would like to loose more and tone up.

Anyone have any exercises that tone up the inner thigh and lower ab:confused: ?

Hope everyone is doing well! I have not posted for a while as I put my weight watching on hold. You know how sometimes life can just get in the way? :p Well...I am now back on track. I have not gained anything but certainly have not lost any more. Hopefully I will be a loser next Thursday!

Welcome back, beachfrog. Am down to 188.5 this morning - I just love "breaking through" a 10 lb. mark. Alas, it is snowing here today which does nothing for my spirits or motivation. The office sent out for pizzas so we didn't have to go out - I had one piece of white pie with broccoli. Fortunately, they also sent a big tray of salad and I had some lite dressing here, so it wasn't the worst lunch.

Archived