Need to lose 50 by Oct 2006 anyone else??

Guest hockeychic

Congrats on the loss, momofslg! Keep up the great work!

I had my weigh in this morning and I have gained yet again this week, .7lbs. :( I am going to keep an eye on my sodium intake to make sure it doesn't get above 2400mg per day and I am going to get a measuring tape to see if I am loosing inches with all the Tae Bo I have been doing.

Guest hockeychic

Hey everyone, sorry I have been MIA for awhile, things get so busy all of a sudden.

Well I have still only lost 7 pds but I did my measurements on Sunday, and since Jan 1 I have lost 3.25 inches on my waist and 3 inches on my hips, 1 inch on my thigh and .5 inches on my arms......yaaaa me.

How are you all doing????

40.5 weeks till I cruise....I better get a move on. I have 45 more pds to go.

Kim

Hi

My weigh in this morning was as expected :( I gained 1/2 pound. I suspect with this phase of my plan any deviation causes problems. So that means that I mustn't imbibe in alcoholic beverages if I expect to continue on my path. Or if I choose to have some, then I must accept the results. I know I can not have it both ways. Today I am willing to accept that truth.

Hockeychic-Thanks for reminding me of measurements! I used to do them all the time and I had forgotten. I guess I was just sick of my own up and down and up again. But this time I really want it for the right reasons for me--my health! So I am going to measure myself and take a sorta before picture (I have already lost 22.5 pounds)

Congrats to all the losers and the we are going to keep on doing it folks!

a long way to go and, let me tell you, after 50 it comes off a whole lot slower than in my early days!

Boy I hear you Geri! ugh! I am pushing 48, have shoulder and now knee problems. I think this is going to take forever!! :rolleyes:

Hi Everyone -

Not a bad week - 4.5 lbs loss, but let's not forget that it is only week 2 for me and the weight always seems to come off much faster the first couple of weeks. Those of you who are gaining or losing slowly - DON'T be hard on yourselves - sometimes I think that's what sabotages us more than food does. Just keep at it!

Have a great week!

Tracy

Hi Everyone -

Not a bad week - 4.5 lbs loss, but let's not forget that it is only week 2 for me and the weight always seems to come off much faster the first couple of weeks. Those of you who are gaining or losing slowly - DON'T be hard on yourselves - sometimes I think that's what sabotages us more than food does. Just keep at it!

Have a great week!

Tracy

Tracy,

Congratulations on the terrific weight loss!:D

You are 100% correct! Yesterday after knowing ahead of time and "supposedly" accepting my results, I did not stick to my WOE and had way too much artificial sweetener and fat--go figure!

Today, I am committed to following my WOE and not letting my own head games sabotage all the good I have done up to this point.

I also need to remember that this week I was unable to exercise due to some physical problems--that DOES NOT make me a slacker--it makes me human. I have planned my next week's exercise sessions so I can get right back on track.

This is my year of taking care of myself no matter what. I must let go of that fantasy/wish that someone is going to step in and just handle my life for me--NOT!

Have a great day everyone.

Sorry, I missed posting yesterday. I am at 186, down from 188. It's not a big loss, but it got me pretty excited. Just to see it's working! It really keeps me going. If only I could add some real exercise...I'm working on it. Thanks all!

Hi everyone

I am also going on a cruise this year but not till November and I desperately want to lose some weight befor I leave. I just bought the book The G.I Diet that Iam going to try to follow along with going to the gym at least 3 times a week. I want to lose 35 pounds for my cruise. So hopefully we can help each other along our journey to weight loss.

Hi all,

Looks like I am not the only one who didn't post a weigh-in this week, or is it on another thread??? Anyway, I only lost 1/2 a pound to 185.5 and I am severly discouraged. I even finally started working out, including downhill skiing one night for about 3 hours of actual time skiing. The only thing is I think it is about "that time", and my weight always goes up for a week or so. Then Friday night I went to the bar with some friends and family, had a LOT of beer, so I ate all day on Saturday to try to feel better. :( So, today I have to try to get back on track, and I don't want to give up. I have a horrible pattern of being "gung-ho" for about a month and then just quitting. If I don't see results I get so frustrated and depressed. Wish me luck! Thanks for a place to vent! Kristin

Oh girl! Don't give up! It is a lot harder to lose than gain. I only lost one pound and keep thinking, "God, this is going to take forever!" But you have to stay focused. I just bought a treadmill so maybe that will help. (hopefully) Have a good week!;)

Hey everyone......

Don't give up, any loss is better then a gain. I know it seems like forever, but the way I am trying to look at it is that even if I lose a pound a week....in 40 weeks I will be where I want to be instead if still fat in 40 weeks????

I am at 183 right now but have gotten off the band wagon, very nutty week. I have kicked it up again this week even cutting the sugar out of my diet....or at least I am going to try......only been about 12 hours since I cut it out but I am working on it.

How is everyone else doing??? It is less then 39 weeks till I cruise...and I have 43 pounds to lose.....so here we go.

Kim

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your support and encouragement. My weight today is 184, down from 185.5. I am plugging along! This weekend and early next week will be tough-out with friends, out of town, etc. I am packing some of my own food to help me along, but I can't fly with my refrigerator, so...it will be a challenge. I need to get a regular exercise program, I am just so darn tired when I get home from work, and my morning routine is so engrained in me, I am not ready to change it yet. My 31st birthday is June 19th, and I really want to lose a total of 50 pounds by then, so that is 42 more in about 4 months. I don't think it is too unrealistic, I just wish I had had that "big" weight loss early on to give me a good head start. Worried about the dreaded plateau..

Anyway, sorry I am such a downer on here! Not really the way I am, except when it comes to losing weight. Thanks again to all of you for being so kind and motivational, and "weigh" to go on your losses! Have a good week! Kristin

Sad to say I've gained 4 pounds in 2 weeks.:eek: I just got back form an all expense paid trip to Montana and I ate like a horse and drank like a fish (a free trip like this will never come around again). I'm still trying to get back on a sleep schedule, so I think that has a little to do with the gain. I am trying to drink lots of water and eat more healthy to loose what I gained.

I WILL have a loss next time.

I am new to this board and would like to be a late joiner. I just started a diet last Friday. I have been on a diet for eight days and lost 1 pound. I weigh in at 152 and my goal is to lose 30 pounds. I have not started an exercise program yet, but plan on it, in the next week or so. At work I sit all day in front of a computer, so I get no exercise.

i, too, would like to join in!! :)

we are planning a cruise for october 2006-would really like to lose to make this a special cruise!! :)

to all of you that joined Curves....how much is it and what do they offer???we have one just down the street and it would be very convenient, but i just can't bring myself to call and inquire...

i am 5'3" and currently weigh 184#....

i am miserable and know losing would be the answer, but like alot of you-no willpower!! i read all the postings on this thread and i think i am very similar to alot of you!! :)

i need to lose about 50#...

i am in my early 40's...

i am cruising in october...

i work with people who can eat anything and not gain!!

i give in to temptation and have no willpower!!

please HELP!!!

Marsha

Hi - I joined in before, but never really joined in ... I started my diet Wednesday night by joining weight watchers - not sure yet if it will be what I want, I think I do better by just counting calories, but I also know that I need to find a "friend" to whine with, so I'm hoping that besides here I will meet someone that I can talk to about this blasted diet. I would not let them tell my how much I weigh as it is just too depressing so all I know is that it is somewhere between 200-224 (5'5") (I'm going to assume it is the highest - once they say I've lost 10 pounds then I'm willing to know for sure) (strange huh!)

I also belong to curves, but I haven't been there since last September (they continue to take $29.00 out of my checkbook each month!!) - I am taking Monday off from work and will be there in the morning to start again - also looking for a cheap treadmill to use while I am watching tv. DH is going on a diet also, but he will be sure to lose all his weight 100x quicker than I will.

It has become important to get this weight off as I am now diabetic, have high blood pressure, my knees and hips don't want to work, etc. etc. By October I want to be able to actually see an curve where the waist should be. I will take it one meal at a time .... thanks all for letting me vent! Sometimes whining actually helps! (anyone on our cruise Radiance of the Seas October 28th??)

Hi all,

I am at 182.5, down from 184. I was down to less than that, but we had a funeral to go to early this week and were out of town. Unfortunately some bad eating commenced. We actually got to a friend's house on Sunday and they were having a Superbowl party...brownies, spinach dip, some kind of "BLT" dip (pretty much mayo and bacon, but it sure was tasty on some white bread:( ), oh and some beer. Anyway, we got home on Tuesday with very little sleep, so I decided to get back on the wagon on Wednesday. I now have a terrible cold. So, I have been eating good again, but no activity. Something always seems to go against me when I am trying so hard!! But I am very happy with my weight loss so far, and if it continues to be small but steady and consistent loss, I will be right on track for my goal. By the way, I am now back at work full-time, does anyone have any ideas for lunches or snacks that don't have to be refrigerated? I hate eating in the breakroom and prefer to just have something at my desk. I know I have to eat more throughout the day than I used to, otherwise I just pig out at dinner, and I know my old starvation ways were not successful. Any thoughts? Take care everyone, and have an awesome week! Kristin

I am also a "newbie", just been around about a month I think. I have been posting my weight here weekly to keep me accountable, and I have found a wealth of encouragement and support. Amandez, I also sit (on my expanding rear) all day in front of a computer, so I know what you mean. Some of my previous jobs have been a lot more active, and I can now see the difference. Anyway, good luck to all of you, and ya'll come back now ya hear! BTW, what are your plans for eating and exercise?

well, i'm doing ok so far....not too much temptation...

i have totally given up fast food and pop...

it is hard to drink alot of water though so i make iced tea (unsweetened) and drink that all day... (i use my iced tea pot)

doing sit ups...and stationary bike riding...

Marsha

Archived