Owner suite balcony question and sofa bed layout

We will be on Anthem cabin 12238 and I'm wondering, it looks like the balcony only opens from the living room area and the master bedroom has glass but not a door/slider to the balcony?

We are 2 adults and 2 young children. I'm thinking of having us sleep on the sofa pullout bed and asking to have the master bed split into 2 twin beds, this way I won't worry all night with the young kids so close to the hall door and balcony access. Also this will allow husband to come in late or leave early for the gym without waking the kids up.

Would this work?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't believe the OS main bed splits. The balcony door has a child lock that is quite hard for ME to open....if they were to manage it, you would certainly hear it! Do not spend your vacation on a sleep sofa! While it will be fine for the kids, you will not be very comfortable.

Bring a bell and tie it around the doorknob, if you are that worried..or put something in front of the hallway door.

Thank you for the fast reply. Is the master area that much better then the livingroom? Still thinking husband will come in around 2am and don't want him to walk past the kids and wake them. we are going with his parents and they will want to hang out on the balcony etc when the kids are sleeping.

I wouldn't give up the master for the kids, but that is your choice. I found this video that shows how far away the sofabed is from the door to the cabin. Unless the kids are really light sleepers, he should be able to come in late.

Didn't see a video of your exact cabin, so not sure about the balcony question.

Depending on how young the children are I seriously doubt they can open either door. Also some of the sliders are somewhat loud when opening, if the track hasn't been maintenanced. May I suggest putting the children to sleep on the master bed and once you are ready for everyone to fall sleep transfer them to the sofa sleeper.

Sas21 the transfer after sleep method might be our best bet! Will just have to stop worrying until we get on the ship and access the bed/sofa bed comfort. This is a worry for me every vacation we take, last time we put jingle bells on the condo door but honestly I'm such a sound sleeper I can't say I would have heard it. In Disney they have this flat metal that flips at the top of the door so if they retro open it it will only open a few inches. The doors are very heavy in Disney and my 5 yo son opens them with ease it is very scary!

You can buy little stick up plastic alarms at a hardware store. Very inexpensive. We used them when the grandchildren were young. Very effective. Of course, they should be told that if they do attempt to open the doors against your instructions there will be consequences.