Carnival Pride Weather

Dakotasmommy1212

Hello everyone! I'm in the middle of planning a wedding cruise and I'm so excited about it! I was wondering what time of the year is better to visit grand Turk, Freeport & halfmoon cay or princess cay. I'm looking into end of April cruises or beginning of September cruise. Any input on how bad hurricane season is in September? Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone! I'm in the middle of planning a wedding cruise and I'm so excited about it! I was wondering what time of the year is better to visit grand Turk, Freeport & halfmoon cay or princess cay. I'm looking into end of April cruises or beginning of September cruise. Any input on how bad hurricane season is in September? Thanks in advance!

First, Congrats! As for the practical, stay away from September as that is high hurricane season and you could have anything from a cancelled cruise to canceled ports. That is particularly important if you are looking at a destination wedding...but again...cruises CAN be cancelled for weather, mechanics or anything else. So even in April, something COULD go wrong and the ship not sail - it's rare, but possible.

So, if you are doing the wedding cruise, be prepared to go with the flow. Have a back up plan should the worst happen. IF the worst happened and the cruise was cancelled, would you delay your wedding and rebook? Recently, when cruises were cancelled Carnival refunded the cost of the cruise, plus gave cruise certificates in the same amount for a free cruise - so you wouldn't be out money - just a change in time. Likewise, what if you missed your destination? Would that be an issue?

These boards are filled with people who are incredibly upset about cancellations or changes in itineraries - but that is simply a FACT of cruising. No one can give you odds - its pretty rare - but know that it can happen. Just like you could have a destination wedding planned and their be flight cancellations due to weather, strikes, etc. As long as you are OK with the risk, I am 100% in favor of a cruise wedding - and April will improve your odds of sailing without issue.

We love that itinerary and the Pride. We have been on the Pride 5 times and luckily never hit a hurricane. If your cruise is for a wedding I would select April just to be out of hurricane season.

Best wishes on your upcoming wedding.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

If you want to avoid hurricanes go in April. In September you could have perfect weather or you could be in a massive tropical system that lasts days.

Having said that in April you could alos be in a weather system that lasts days, but it is much less likely to be a hurricane.

The weather is just like at home, you never know what it is going to do.

First, cruise ships DO NOT cruise anywhere near hurricanes or bad storms! If a hurricane is in the eastern Caribbean the ship will go to the Western Caribbean and visa versa.

There won't be hurricanes in April though.

We have been in many hurricanes here in the NC coast and you never can be sure where a hurricane will go. We have been told it's coming, get boats out of water, stuff inside, etc. and then the hurricane never hits us! (It take us 3 days to get ready for one!) So, you never know with hurricanes so April is a safe date to cruise!