Changing passenger on Norwegian

brynmarie

I had to make a sudden change last week, when my ex-daughter in law decided that our grand daughter was not coming with us on the Dawn the first week in April. Our oldest grandson's best friend wanted to go, so I contated my PCC, and asked him to make the switch, which he did. Now please understand this was done the day before the final payment deadline. It was just a matter of changing the names, no additional charges. I don't know what the official policy would be after final payment, but I would guess as long as it would be a 1 for 1 swap, it shouldn't be a problem. I would give your PCC, or TA a call first think tomorrow and get it done.;)

Wait, even after final payment a name change should be easy, right? I'd think as long as a week or more before sail it would be fine, maybe minimal charge . Is Ncl different with a name change after final payment?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does anyone know what Norwegian's policy on changing a passenger is?

My partner may have a problem with a visa and I may want to substitute my

sister. How much time before the sail date is required.

You can refer to Policy 6.1 to 6.4, whichever is applicable:

https://www.ncl.com/eu/en/about-us/terms-conditions

Edited by easyboy

• 11 months later...

We may need to swap out one of our party as well for cruise in less than a month for which we bought outside travel insurance. I've seen a number of threads related to doing that on the cruise but non that address what to do on the insurance side.

Anyone have experience with how that would work? Could I also swap out someone on there as well? cancel the one person off that policy and hopefully get money back and get separate last minute insurance for the new passenger?

We may need to swap out one of our party as well for cruise in less than a month for which we bought outside travel insurance. I've seen a number of threads related to doing that on the cruise but non that address what to do on the insurance side.

Anyone have experience with how that would work? Could I also swap out someone on there as well? cancel the one person off that policy and hopefully get money back and get separate last minute insurance for the new passenger?

You need to ask your insurance carrier. But I doubt you can just exchange names. I think you'd be lucky to even get it pro-rated.

You might want to ask the question on CC's insurance forum.