Neptune suites on bow of eurodam.. too windy?

Jacqueline

I am thinking of booking a guarantee and I usually ask myself the question, would I be happy with what I consider the least desirable cabin.

In this case, it would be the suites in the front of the ship.

Any pros and cons out there?

Thanks,

I am thinking of booking a guarantee and I usually ask myself the question, would I be happy with what I consider the least desirable cabin.

In this case, it would be the suites in the front of the ship.

Any pros and cons out there?

Thanks,

Are you sure those are Neptune Suites?

Those on deck 10 are SU, Signature Spa Suites, 10005 and 10006.

Those on deck 5 are SY, Signature accessible suites, 5001 and 5002.

None of those have access to the Neptune Lounge, breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill, and many other Neptune suite amenities.

Only Koningsdam has Neptune Suites at the bow- 2 SC suites, although Prisendam's can be said to be forward.
No, the NA's SQ 10005 and 10006 are Neptunes, ranked above SA. This may have been what the OP was thinking about.

The K has four "bow" Neptunes - the 2 SC on deck 11 that you noted and the two SQ on deck 10.

Edited by jtl513

No, the NA's SQ 10005 and 10006 are Neptunes, ranked above SA. This may have been what the OP was thinking about.

The K has four "bow" Neptunes - the 2 SC on deck 11 that you noted and the two SQ on deck 10.

The OP asked about Eurodam. Those suites (10005 and 10006) on Eurodam are SU, Signature Spa Suies. On NA they are SQ, Neptune Spa Suites.

The OP asked about Eurodam. Those suites (10005 and 10006) on Eurodam are SU, Signature Spa Suies.
Yes, I said that in post #2. In the post you just quoted I was correcting CruiserBruce's statement:
Only Koningsdam has Neptune Suites at the bow- 2 SC suites, although Prisendam's can be said to be forward.
Edited by jtl513

Does anyone know why the Nieuw Amsterdam has those cabins as SQ Neptune and the sister ship Eurodam has them as SU Signature? I'm sure glad they are what they are on the Eurodam because I just booked an SC guarantee on Eurodam.

Does anyone know why the Nieuw Amsterdam has those cabins as SQ Neptune and the sister ship Eurodam has them as SU Signature? I'm sure glad they are what they are on the Eurodam because I just booked an SC guarantee on Eurodam.

Have not the slightest idea why there is a difference.

Did you consider one of the Aft Wrap SB's? Only $150 PP difference and you can choose your cabin.

Have not the slightest idea why there is a difference.

Did you consider one of the Aft Wrap SB's? Only $150 PP difference and you can choose your cabin.

Difference for me would be $225 pp. .maybe because my pricing is cad. I like the aft wrap but I'm taking someone who has never been on HAL so I'm hoping for one of the larger cabins.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

The NA cabins have a large forward facing window, and the Eurodam has only the door for a window. The E'dam has the closets on the forward wall, and IMO a generally less attractive layout. Originally the E'dam cabins were the two SZ.

10005 when it was SZ. Click on thumbnails to enlarge.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=16151080&postcount=9

NA SQ:

https://web.archive.org/web/20120218083048/http://www.dutchbyassociation.com/2010/08/category-sq-spa-deluxe-verandah-suites.html

Both have the small, odd balcony:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=102156&d=1232194519

Edited by jtl513

The NA cabins have a large forward facing window, and IIRC the Eurodam has only the door for a window. I think the E'dam has the closets on the forward wall, and a generally less attractive layout. Originally the E'dam cabins were the two SZ. I'll try to find pictures for you ...

Thank you. That makes sense.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk