RCI MDR dress code

Thank God for that Uncle Mic, thou art a 'Cunarder' after all and a 'Chic' dresser on Celebrity Cruise Line, Gucchi shoes and all.

LOl, makes me sound very sophisticated.

So for formal Knight, do I require a shiny suit complete with a polished cod piece.;)

Edited by MicCanberra

It is passenger responsibility to follow the dress codes and staff responsibility to enforce them. I fear Bogans have infiltrated RCI !!

Dress standards have definately declined on all ships over the last few years particularly those departing from Australia. No point having a dress standard if it is never enforced. People will always break the rules if they know they can. Long pants should always be worn in the MDR in the evenings. If this is a problem then join the line up in the buffet.

having not long been on the carnival spirit out to the islands (great ship / food /and cruise) the one thing that let the whole thing down was to see some of the attire some people did wear to the dining room.

to see most people dressed for the occasion and then to look at a table not far from you to see a person in (yes) a blue Jackie howe singlet / cap and /thongs(flipflops for the americans) and the rest of the people at the table with him not dressed much better was a total disgrace

one has to ask what sort of character these people were made of,even our 9 year old grandies could not wait to put on their good clothes to go to the main dining room.

I now think it is time for ''ALL'' cruise lines to put an extra note in the cabins 'EACH' day to tell people to dress correctly or you will 'NOT' be allowed to enter.

as to answer your question I would say no you cannot wear shorts into the main dining room.

their is out there now a whole civilisation of people who dress like they have absolutely no pride in how they look

clean it up cruise lines

• 2 weeks later...
having not long been on the carnival spirit out to the islands (great ship / food /and cruise) the one thing that let the whole thing down was to see some of the attire some people did wear to the dining room.

to see most people dressed for the occasion and then to look at a table not far from you to see a person in (yes) a blue Jackie howe singlet / cap and /thongs(flipflops for the americans) and the rest of the people at the table with him not dressed much better was a total disgrace

one has to ask what sort of character these people were made of,even our 9 year old grandies could not wait to put on their good clothes to go to the main dining room.

I now think it is time for ''ALL'' cruise lines to put an extra note in the cabins 'EACH' day to tell people to dress correctly or you will 'NOT' be allowed to enter.

as to answer your question I would say no you cannot wear shorts into the main dining room.

their is out there now a whole civilisation of people who dress like they have absolutely no pride in how they look

clean it up cruise lines

Rules are useless unless they are enforced. Most cruise companies will turn a blind eye to anything rather than upset a passenger. The standards are declining and getting worse on every cruise I take. Yes I agree - clean it up cruise lines!!

Double post while trying to quote the wise words of nodandade

'"as to answer your question I would say no you cannot wear shorts into the main dining room.

clean it up cruise lines"

The RCI dress code is not enforced simply because it is 'suggested attire' only. It specifically states this on the daily information sheet each day. As it is suggested, anything goes and no one should be turned away, regardless of how inappropriate others may think their dress. Therefore it doesn't matter how many times people post that dress is terrible on RCI, if that is what they say, there is basically no leg to stand on.

I think the only thing I have seen picked up is no shoes.

Edited by Aussieflyer

I didn't wear shorts at all last trip [Dec16] - stuck to the code

But I was certainly in the minority, because it was as casual as casual can be.

Almost all did make an effort for formal nights! But for the casual, it was anything goes.

I can never understand why people get so worked up over dress codes. As long as every one is decent (No A$$ out of their pants, Plumbers crack, etc) I personally could not care less what other people wore. We make an effort because that's what we choose to do but If someone else doesn't that is up to them. Personally I would like to see formal/elegant nights limited to once per cruise, it makes the evening more special in my opinion.

I can never understand why people get so worked up over dress codes. As long as every one is decent (No A$$ out of their pants, Plumbers crack, etc) I personally could not care less what other people wore. We make an effort because that's what we choose to do but If someone else doesn't that is up to them. Personally I would like to see formal/elegant nights limited to once per cruise, it makes the evening more special in my opinion.

I don't understand it either.

Personally I go on holidays so as not to have to wear a suit, not in order to wear one.

For those who feel the need to look down on my dress sense while dining, I can only assume that you are easy to entertain. Anyway, there is a certain cruise line dedicated to those with a suit fetish. I can guarantee that I will not be on it to interrupt your view while eating.