Bayonne NJ port

suamom

We have never sailed from Bayonne NJ port. We are on the Anthem next month. Any tips on that port for embarkation or debarkation? We will probably take a shuttle or taxi from our hotel.

Thanks

Consider a car service from that port also.

More info in the East Coast Departures forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

We have never sailed from Bayonne NJ port. We are on the Anthem next month. Any tips on that port for embarkation or debarkation? We will probably take a shuttle or taxi from our hotel.

Thanks

What hotel are you staying in and why did you pick it? What times are your flights?

The ship docks fairly close to a very beautiful and emotional tribute to 9/11 given to us by the Russian. It is on the same side as the dock. It's usually easily seen from the forward starboard side or at least as the ship slowly sails past it. It's a giant teardrop suspended between the split towers. Don't miss seeing it.

Best black car service in NYC area I have used is Dial-7 limos. Book and pay when you book. Reliable. I had them oick up my college age daughter at JFK on time, no issues. I told her to give the driver a cash tip. I pre-paid the limo on my AmEx. I have been using them for decades way before Uber, Lift and so, so much beyptter rptaphan a Yello Cab

Call them at 212.777.7777

Enjoy your cruise!

Our last cruise was out of there and we used a car service, very convenient. Did not encounter any issues embarking or disembarking.

Agreed. I also prefer long standung and fully insured operators like Dial 7. The issue on insurance with TCN's is still an open issue in my mind.

But, anything other than a Yellow Cab is for me!

we sailed Anthem in November. Stayed at the Country Inn and suites in Elizabeth NJ and took their shuttle to and from ship. Best to and from a ship we have ever experienced. Arrived around 10:30 which was our alloted time given when we did online check in. Having your photo done before cruise speeds things up. We had a seat as they were a bit delayed by a Coast Guard inspection. We were on the ship having lunch by noon. Enjoy your trip, we loved the Anthem!!!

Allow for any accidents or construction on the bridge over. Our first and only cruise out of there, took a couple hours at least to get across the bridge and I was a nervous wreck, could see the ship but we were not moving. We didn't get on until about 3:00. I think it was construction going on and traffic was stop and crawl. :eek:

We are staying at the Renaissance in Newark. We are Platinum Elite for life w Marriott so we try to utilize their brands. Always clean, nice perks and usually great service. Renaissance and JW Marriotts are our favorite brands.

We go to New York quite a bit and we always use a car service. The taxi's terrify me so I am guessing we will schedule a car service if the hotel doesnt offer a shuttle. I need to check on this...

My flight is way too early. I made a huge mistake when booking. I thought we arrived back on Sat so I booked an 820 flight home on Sunday morn. Need to call Delta about this mistake since we arrive on Sunday morning not Saturday.

How far is the port from the airport w traffic? Is it fairly easy to disembark the Anthem or is it a nightmare?

We are staying at the Renaissance in Newark. We are Platinum Elite for life w Marriott so we try to utilize their brands. Always clean, nice perks and usually great service. Renaissance and JW Marriotts are our favorite brands.

We go to New York quite a bit and we always use a car service. The taxi's terrify me so I am guessing we will schedule a car service if the hotel doesnt offer a shuttle. I need to check on this...

My flight is way too early. I made a huge mistake when booking. I thought we arrived back on Sat so I booked an 820 flight home on Sunday morn. Need to call Delta about this mistake since we arrive on Sunday morning not Saturday.

How far is the port from the airport w traffic? Is it fairly easy to disembark the Anthem or is it a nightmare?

None of the Marriott brand hotels at EWR offer a Cape Liberty shuttle, so you're going to have to book a car service.

Are you going to change your return flight? The general advice is to book flights after 12:00 pm. Planning to allow two hours at the airport to check in and get through security. No one is going to tell you that an 8:20 flight will work.

I've seen folks lined up at 6-6:30 am to get off the ship. Even if the ship gets cleared early, you still have to get yourselves off with all your luggage, get through customs and immigration, and connect with your ride. EWR is about 11 miles away - 20-30 minutes with no traffic.

We just got off Anthem on Thursday last week. We were in line to self disembark by 6:20, by 6:50 we were through customs waiting for our taxi we had pre arranged to pick us up. Our car was parked at the Hilton on Staten Island and by that time, on a work day traffic was smooth. On a Sunday morning you should have even less.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Early Sundays in Bayonne/Newark will be the least congested time of the entire week,absent a total blizzard, hurricane , fllod or earthquake:eek: it will be a breeze getting out of there on Sunday mornings via car service.

Weekdays, during morning / afternoon rush hours, a nightmare!

Edited by FireStation46

Ok, the change fee is $160.00 for each ticket for our return flight. Kicking myself for this mistake. We travel a lot and I have never made this mistake.:mad:

I am wondering if we should try to wing it and have the car service waiting and self embark as soon as they allow people to disembark. Wonder if we can possibly make it. This goes against my Type A personality with planning and everything organized but I would rather not pay the darn change fees. It is a Sunday morning and as people have mentioned, it will be a slow traffic timeframe.

What would you do??

Ok, the change fee is $160.00 for each ticket for our return flight. Kicking myself for this mistake. We travel a lot and I have never made this mistake.:mad:

I am wondering if we should try to wing it and have the car service waiting and self embark as soon as they allow people to disembark. Wonder if we can possibly make it. This goes against my Type A personality with planning and everything organized but I would rather not pay the darn change fees. It is a Sunday morning and as people have mentioned, it will be a slow traffic timeframe.

What would you do??

I would pay the change fee. Worth it to not have to worry about making it... I'm type A too[emoji854]

What would you do??

we had a 1100 flight and almost missed it i paid the taxi driver an extra 50 to drive fast because we had checked bagged and it has to be there 45 minutes before your flight got to the airport at 1010 and we did self carry off

the change fee is $160.00 for each ticket for our return flight

The question I would be asking myself now would be; if I don't change the flight and I miss it, how much extra will it cost to get home?

Do the math and see which is cheaper (and add the stress factor if you decide not to change to a later flight).

Assuming youre flying EWR...

You can make it if

a) You are literally the first person off the ship and your car is waiting. Customs is very fast.

b) You have TSA precheck

Sadly, EWR TSA lines are a disaster before 9am. No precheck, no flight.

The question I would be asking myself now would be; if I don't change the flight and I miss it, how much extra will it cost to get home?

Do the math and see which is cheaper (and add the stress factor if you decide not to change to a later flight).

Also assumes there are seats on the next flight out:eek: