St. Kitts Catamaran Sail And Nevis Beach Getaway Excursions

sunset sails

We are trying to make a decision between these two Celebrity Excursions. Which will give the best views of both islands from the water? We don't really care about the snorkeling as we will doing that at other stops so we're more interested in the sail and then the beach experience on Nevis. Any advice? Thanks in advance!

We were also buy I heard it's a long boat ride there which eats up most of your excursion time...also heard snorkeling is weak. We were referred to Palms Court Gardens for a day pass. Excellent Tripadvisor reviews! I think that's where we are heading in April on our St Kitts stop......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

We took that excursion last year.

Catamaran sail was the best part.

Beach was small, clean and afforded a nice view of St. Kitts.

BBQ lunch was good, nothing unusual nor innovative but hot food was hot, cold food cold.

If you enjoy catamaran sailing, you will be happy. If you are looking for a great beach stop, there are better options available.

If they offer an excursion called "Fan-ta-sea catamaran sail to Nevis with Snorkel" it is VERY good. I'm not sure if Celebrity offers it. I took it twice with Royal Caribbean. I know that a lot of the excursions are shared between the two lines. Look for it. It was towards the end of the listed options. It was one of the best excursions that I have ever taken! (I've been on a lot of excursions!)

They sail to a snorkeling spot on St. Kitts, then cross to Nevis. You are given about 2 hours on a fabulous beach on Nevis. The Four Seasons is on the same beach. You then sail back. They give you lunch and as much as you care to drink. Alcohol is served only after the snorkeling.

5995ed1f3683b78fee401f0714fb081f.jpgfad49bf32ce84f77375a6724b05e3e38.jpg

Edited by khm1

We did that excursion last Nov. Our crew must have been "looser" because the served alcohol the whole day. The snorkeling is weak and the beach is just ok by caribbean standards. The Catamaran trip was the best part of the excursion. Oh, and the lunch was on the weak side too. It was some kind of chicken curry potato salad or some such thing.

Edited by TFLG

We did that excursion last Nov. Our crew must have been "looser" because the served alcohol the whole day. The snorkeling is weak and the beach is just ok by caribbean standards. The Catamaran trip was the best part of the excursion. Oh, and the lunch was on the weak side too. It was some kind of chicken curry potato salad or some such thing.

We did this excursion 2/16 and 7/16. Both times were a great experience. The beach was pretty nice, IMO. It had darker sand due to the volcanic nature of Nevis. It was a nice long, wide beach with calm water. It is called Pinney beach for those who wish to look it up on TripAdvisor or google it. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I thought the snorkeling was adequate, the food quite good, and overall experience to be excellent.

Oh we enjoyed the excursion, I just thought the actual catamaran ride was the best part of it. I wonder if you snorkeled at a different spot. We were next to an old sunken fishing boat (I wanted to paint Carnival on the side of it:D). The water was clear but there wasn't much in the way of fish other than those silver and black stripped fish that are everywhere. We saw one stingray which was cool.

It was Sh**en bay (rhymes wth smitten, CC won't let me write the actual name, LOL). It was good when we were there. We saw a turtle, cuttlefish, stingray, barracuda, a few fish varieties, and a squid. Not too shabby! There was little in way of coral. It had very clear water and the sunken ship. Im sure it was the same place.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

On our cruise, the trip to Nevis was cancelled due to high seas. The snorkeling was very good the times I have been at the bay referred to above. There is an excursion that just does the snorkeling along the coast and that is a good choice in rough seas.

We were also buy I heard it's a long boat ride there which eats up most of your excursion time...also heard snorkeling is weak. We were referred to Palms Court Gardens for a day pass. Excellent Tripadvisor reviews! I think that's where we are heading in April on our St Kitts stop......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Its a great spot...lovely refreshing pool, gardens, views, nice lunch, good bar...quiet relaxation early in the day...livelier after lunch...we enjoyed it!

Make sure you have booked a way back.,.taxis do not like to pick up there and its a longish walk back...but at least it's downhill