One thing Carnival does better than X

Gracie115

The little refrigerator we had in our room was NOT filled with ridiculously expensive stuff we would never buy...it was empty....BUT even better is that it actually kept items VERY cold...so much so that we didn't need a separate ice bucket for wine or beer....something we ALWAYS have on an X ship.... and this was on a Carnival ship that is 14 years old....so if they can do it why can't X put a decent mini frig in their rooms....we've stayed in regular veranda/Aqua and Celebrity suites....all the mini frig's barely keep things cool let alone cold....

Lol. This post made me laugh Gracie. If this is your way of convincing X cruisers to try Carnival, I think you had better try again. :) As you already know, most ships/cruise lines have the same problem...not just X. I don't find anything wrong with Carnival (love all cruise lines), but this isn't something that would make me try the product. Very happy it made you happy though! :)

Lol. This post made me laugh Gracie. If this is your way of convincing X cruisers to try Carnival, I think you had better try again. :) As you already know, most ships/cruise lines have the same problem...not just X. I don't find anything wrong with Carnival (love all cruise lines), but this isn't something that would make me try the product. Very happy it made you happy though! :)

oh...you really couldn't be more wrong about me wanting X cruisers to try Carnival....:) As I said in the post title "ONE thing Carnival does better than X" and that's pretty much what I meant. We really did not enjoy our Carnival experience...although there are really no "bad" cruises....but THIS ONE THING was great....lol:)

oh...you really couldn't be more wrong about me wanting X cruisers to try Carnival....:) As I said in the post title "ONE thing Carnival does better than X" and that's pretty much what I meant. We really did not enjoy our Carnival experience...although there are really no "bad" cruises....but THIS ONE THING was great....lol:)

Ahhhhh. Missed the sarcasm :eek: Lol.

You had a very cold fridge that was empty on Carnival?

After 4 cruises on Carnival we are making the jump to Celebrity after being disgusted by rude low class cruisers. Yes, I know they are very where but the last cruise was the last straw.

We never witnessed a very cold empty fridge on Carnival. You must be lucky!

When I saw the thread title, what popped into my mind as the one thing we thought Carnival did better was karaoke. We don't participate ourselves, but usually like to listen a couple of times during a cruise - especially longer ones. On our one & only Carnival cruise, the crowd seemed to have many more uninhibited and even talented performers than we've ever found on any other cruise. They also had the shows more often during the cruise. On all of our recent cruises on other lines, the performances were mediocre at best, intolerable at worst. Certainly not a reason, however, for us to go on another Carnival cruise!

We have a list of things we ask our cabin steward to do as soon as possible. Cleaning out the refrigerator or minibar is high on our list. We store cans of soda, bottles of water and fruit in the refrigerator. It's cold enough for us.