Carnival Vista Revew 01/28/2017 - 02/05/2017. Feel free to ask questions.

Sensenigr

We're booked in cabin 2314 in July. Was there a lifeboat overhead? We love cove balconies!

Exciting! The countdown is on! There is a lifeboat overhead (as with most cove balconies); however, I think maybe about 4 cabins to the right (about 2304) there is an opening.

Exciting! The countdown is on! There is a lifeboat overhead (as with most cove balconies); however, I think maybe about 4 cabins to the right (about 2304) there is an opening.

That's good information to have when booking.

Hi Ryan! We are goin to the same ports asu did this April[emoji4] do u recommend the ziplining for 12yrs old?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't have any children; however, I bet you they would have an awesome time! I think the minimum age is 8, and I did see several people I thought were 10 and higher -- absolutely loving it!

We always cruise with another couple. In the steakhouse on the first night, does each couple receive a bottle of wine or is there just one for the table?

How far is the anytime check in desk from the actual anytime dining room?

Thanks!

We went with another couple to the steakhouse on the Splendor. They said it was only one bottle per table; however possibly they may vary from ship / management per ship? I wouldn't get your hopes up for two bottle of wine. IMO, it is stupid because what if the two couples each have their own preference of wine? One may prefer white, the other red.

Thank you for your very informative review. We are boarding Vista Saturday, and have "almost" the same itinerary (Bonaire instead of Curacao), so your review couldn't have been more timely. I'm glad to hear you had a great trip. :)

Thank you for your very informative review. We are boarding Vista Saturday, and have "almost" the same itinerary (Bonaire instead of Curacao), so your review couldn't have been more timely. I'm glad to hear you had a great trip. :)

I'm already jealous!! Have a great trip!

Hi Ryan:

Thank you for your awesome review! I will be on this ship, along with 20 of my closest family and friends, doing the same itinerary in October. I will be taking notes from your review. Some of us are interested in Zip lining.

Questions for you. Were you Zipping from tree to tree? How long did you Zip line from start to finish, not including the time you waited in line.

Did the Zip line company take a picture of you or allow you to take pictures. If they took pictures, how much were they and were they nice pictures? Thank you.

Nae

Fellow couple from SoCal here going on the Vista in a couple months! Quick question - did you attend the FOD meetings? This is my first cruise with Carnival. I know it's hit and miss mostly, but wanted to know what your experience was. The BF and I went on NCL a few weeks ago and met such a great group of people.

Maybe we'll see you on a future cruise ;)

Was the Chef's Table menu the same on the Vista as it was for your cruise on the Breeze? Just wondering how often they change these menus. Thanks for the great report!

I believe it is totally up to a team of chef's on each ship. I can tell you that the menu on the Breeze was 100% different from the menu we had on the Vista. I was happy to see this!

Thanks for the great review. So much great information. My Conquest cruise had originally planned to go to La Romana, and you did the exact excursion I had researched. They changed the port and I am so bummed.

Just another reason to take another cruise in the future. Lol.

Hi Ryan:

Thank you for your awesome review! I will be on this ship, along with 20 of my closest family and friends, doing the same itinerary in October. I will be taking notes from your review. Some of us are interested in Zip lining.

Questions for you. Were you Zipping from tree to tree? How long did you Zip line from start to finish, not including the time you waited in line.

Did the Zip line company take a picture of you or allow you to take pictures. If they took pictures, how much were they and were they nice pictures? Thank you.

Nae

There were a total of 12 Ziplines on this course. Many times you landed on a platform and you started the next line on the same platform. Other times you had to walk to the next platform. I would say it took about 1 hour from the start of the first zip line to the end. The only line we waited in was for the first line, and the staff made it move very quickly from that point forward.

The Zipline did take pictures and they were relatively good. They were reasonable and were only $10 each. The tour description states that there are no cameras allowed; however, once we arrived we learned that pictures and video were allowed. I would recommend a GoPro if you have one; however, we did not.

Fellow couple from SoCal here going on the Vista in a couple months! Quick question - did you attend the FOD meetings? This is my first cruise with Carnival. I know it's hit and miss mostly, but wanted to know what your experience was. The BF and I went on NCL a few weeks ago and met such a great group of people.

Maybe we'll see you on a future cruise ;)

They technically had one every night we were on the cruise -- at the same time and in the same location. We only attended the first evening; however, it wasn't dedicated and not very organized. From what I could tell, there were probably about 4 or 5 couples there; however, we only ended up talking to one couple. It truly is hit or miss.

Hope to see you on a future cruise. We are from Pasadena!

They technically had one every night we were on the cruise -- at the same time and in the same location. We only attended the first evening; however, it wasn't dedicated and not very organized. From what I could tell, there were probably about 4 or 5 couples there; however, we only ended up talking to one couple. It truly is hit or miss.

Hope to see you on a future cruise. We are from Pasadena!

West Hollywood here.

Thank you for your west coast perspective review.

I've noticed a difference in style and approach to east coast reviews.

We're from NorCal cruising the Vista in Nov '17 and July '18, both 8-day cruises.

Your review has some great pointers and insight. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums