Purchase of Alcohol - Dubai Airport

Dubai cruise on VOTS, scheduled to cruise 27th March 2017, flying in from UK.

Has anyone bought alcohol (wine) on arrival at Dubai International airport and do you require a license if you are a UK passport holder/residence/

Planning on taking 2 bottles of wine on the cruise but not sure where to buy them within Dubai.

Appreciate any help from the community.

Dubai airport duty free is probably the best place to purchase wine. The selection is outstanding and the prices were quite reasonable. We bought two bottles. One champagne the other an older Bordeaux. We payed less for the Veuve clicquot champagne at the Dubai duty-free then we paid in any wine shop in the US.

I am sorry I don't know the question about UK licenses. We are US citizens. I know we had no problem at all making the purchase. We bought the wine, just kept it in our hotel room for a few days, and carried it on the ship at embarkation.

Enjoy

M

Not sure if they sell it there, but be prepared to pay at least double $$$$$$$$ if they do

Actually, that was not our experience. The selection of wine and alcohol was surperb and the prices were quite reasonable, when we were there last year. Perhaps you had a different experience.

M

Dubai cruise on VOTS, scheduled to cruise 27th March 2017, flying in from UK.

Has anyone bought alcohol (wine) on arrival at Dubai International airport and do you require a license if you are a UK passport holder/residence/

Planning on taking 2 bottles of wine on the cruise but not sure where to buy them within Dubai.

Appreciate any help from the community.

I have returned home from the same cruise last month, we have previously bought wine on arrival in Dubai to take on board.

The wine was more expensive than what you pay in the UK. This time we bought a couple of bottles at Heathrow instead.

Enjoy your cruise! Dianne

We bought our wine in a supermarket and packed it in our hold luggage. It made it intact with no issues. I just took it out of my case at the airport and put it in my carry on bag. I intend to do the same when we do this itinerary again at the end of the month.

Thanks Brit-Cruiser, the thought did cross my mind about purchasing in the UK but was concerned about packing it in the hold suitcase in case the bottles broke and ruined everything in the suitcase.

Maybe it's another option for me specially if I can pack my favourite Casillero Del Diablo Merlot!

http://www.dubai-online.com/malls/dubai-duty-free/#prices

The above link gives info and up to date prices for Dubai airport duty free.

We have used the shop in the arrivals hall for alcohol when on land based holidays but for a cruise we usually just buy our 2 bottles at Heathrow and carry them in hand luggage.

Julie