NON Alcoholic Ginger Beer?

thegoodlife247

I am pretty sure Carnival carries non-alcoholic ginger beer to make moscow mules and dark and stormy's. My question is can I get a can of non-alcoholic ginger beer and it NOT count towards my 15 drink limit for cheers? If not, I will try to bring on a few cans of it.

This might be a dumb question, but what's the difference between non alcoholic ginger beer and ginger ale? I always assumed ginger beer was alcoholic and ginger ale was not.

Ginger beer is a fermented beverage. It's way less sweet and has a much stronger ginger flavor than ginger ale which is basically a ginger flavored soda.

I was able to get it at the bar by the pool on our last cruise. Had the bubbles program not cheers. Was charged for the can and server was not real happy with the order. Had the same bartender a few times and seemed to see it as an imposition. Nonethelesss, I was able t get it!

I was able to order Gosling's ginger beer (non-alcoholic) on the Valor. This was at the aft pool bar. I found they didn't have it at all the bars.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The Vista had Q brand ginger beer last week which is a much higher end product than the gosling stuff. I highly recommend it!

Just to add a bit more info on ginger beer, the alcoholic version, usually brewed by home brewers, simply uses more sugar. Sugar is fermented into alcohol. Non-alcoholic ginger beer contains less than 0.5% alcohol because it is brewed with less sugar.

Why would you be charged for a non alcoholic drink when you had the bubbles program?
The bubbles program covers soda and juice. It does not cover other non alcoholic items such as bottled water, espresso based coffee drinks, milk shakes, smoothies, and energy drinks. Ginger beer is not really soda, so it's sort of a gray issue if it's covered or not. Bloody Mary mix is a mixture that is an enhanced juice, so I assume that ginger beer would be considered a similar type item that is really a mixer but should be covered. YMMV, but I assume that you could probably get it at most bars that serve it if you have the bubbles program.