Eclipse Jan 22 Review: Modern Luxury is Alive, but a Few Things Need Resuscitation

vtcruising

yes, sometimes the vibration problems were quite extensive, making it difficult to sleep. They varied from day to day - I didn't see a particular difference depending on speed, but I think the strong winds the first couple of days didn't help. What was particularly annoying (besides trying to sleep on a vibrating bed!) was that on occasion we even had the vibration while we were in port! I don't know if they were working on the problem or what. What bugs me the most is that the staff was obviously informed to follow the Captains lead in claiming that it was normal to vibrate that way. It was NOT! I hate being lied to. We reported it to Guest Relations day 2 when it continued to be very bad, and were told it was normal, just the engines and the winds and the waves etc., etc.. They said alot of people were complaining about it, if that tells you something. Then the Captain also claims it was normal for cabins aft of center to experience that. Again, NOT. If there is a problem, just tell me the truth. I am much more likely to be sympathetic if you tell me you are having a problem and doing all you can to fix it, than if you lie to me.

We had an aft facing cabin on deck 6 and felt some vibrations. However we noticed the vibrations appeared stronger on the higher decks.

Thanks for the great review! We did Eclipse last year at a similar time in an S2 - I am glad to hear Maggie is still there in Luminae, she was hands down, the best sommelier we've ever had on a ship. I'd tell her what I was having for dinner and she'd pick an appropriate wine, it was so awesome. We were on Equinox in December and the one in Luminae was not even close to her level - he was not even able to make any suggestions when you asked for them. Made me appreciate Maggie even more!.

Garren

Aruba: Had an overnight in this port. We had made reservations for the 9 of us a few months in advance for Yemanja Wood Fired Grill, about a 10 minute walk from the ship. We had a table on the patio and had wonderful food and service – lots of choices and a great wine list. Would totally recommend this place for dinner!

Thank you for the great review, in a sky suite in September on Equinox and looking forward to it. You are the second person recently on this board to recommend that restaurant. I looked at the menu and was drooling. Might make a reservation after showing it to wife. Again Thanks.

Thanks for the great review! We did Eclipse last year at a similar time in an S2 - I am glad to hear Maggie is still there in Luminae, she was hands down, the best sommelier we've ever had on a ship. I'd tell her what I was having for dinner and she'd pick an appropriate wine, it was so awesome. We were on Equinox in December and the one in Luminae was not even close to her level - he was not even able to make any suggestions when you asked for them. Made me appreciate Maggie even more!.

Garren

Maggie left the Eclipse last sunday and is now taking a two month break. When she returns to Celebrity she will be on the Summit.

Aruba: Had an overnight in this port. We had made reservations for the 9 of us a few months in advance for Yemanja Wood Fired Grill, about a 10 minute walk from the ship. We had a table on the patio and had wonderful food and service – lots of choices and a great wine list. Would totally recommend this place for dinner!

Thank you for the great review, in a sky suite in September on Equinox and looking forward to it. You are the second person recently on this board to recommend that restaurant. I looked at the menu and was drooling. Might make a reservation after showing it to wife. Again Thanks.

Actually, Merlin5353, who was in our group of nine, found it. The only problem is that it was hard to choose what to order since there are so many good things on the menu. I guess we'll have to go back! :)

Maggie left the Eclipse last sunday and is now taking a two month break. When she returns to Celebrity she will be on the Summit.

Her husband was also leaving for vacation. He was a sommelier in the MDR - I forgot his name, but our friends had him for a sommelier in the MDR and liked him too.