Booze for cabin

Logger1

1: Can I pre order a bottle of Bourbon that will be in cabin when I come aboard? I have been able to on Celebrity. I just did this on Princess and it was not in cabin. I have a slip and I had to call room service to get. Useless for sail away on balcony. 2: What can we bring aboard on embarkment?

1: Can I pre order a bottle of Bourbon that will be in cabin when I come aboard? I have been able to on Celebrity. I just did this on Princess and it was not in cabin. I have a slip and I had to call room service to get. Useless for sail away on balcony. 2: What can we bring aboard on embarkment?

1) you can pre-order various bottles of liquor and it will be in your cabin. I imagine bourbon would be on the list.

2) you can bring on bottles of wine, as many as you wish. Just pay a $15 "corkage" fee for each bottle

What you are looking for is called a BAR-SET-UP.

This is my file copy dated 2013:

Prices and list subject to YMMV

Suggest that you check it out with NCL and buy your liquor in advance - that presenting problems something

not on the list you can do it thru Room Service on board. In a suite contact your butler. Another source go

to any bar and talk to the manager. Beware the new gratuity schedule that was not in effect prior to 2013.

These alcoholic beverages are sold as Bar Set Up amenity orders. Available on all Ships excluding Pride of America.

Please Note: Pricing from Nov. 2013

Bar Set-Up is available for all stateroom categories.

Bar Set-Up is available for purchase onboard but you will be charged 15% on top of the price of the bottle instead of the $3 service fee.

Bar Set-Up must be pre-arranged before the voyage and can be requested up to the day prior to sailing.

Prices are subject to change. Service fee of $3.00 per bottle will be applied. 1.800.327.7030

Bourbon/Whiskey

Seagram's 7 Crown $80 1 Ltr

Jack Daniel's Black $100 1 Ltr

Crown Royal Special Reserve $100 750 Ml

Cognac

Courvoisier VS $120 750 ml

Rémy Martin V.S.O.P $100 700 ml

Gin

Beefeater $80 1 Ltr

Bombay Sapphire $100 1 Ltr

Liqueurs

Baileys Irish Cream $100 1 Ltr

Southern Comfort $100 1 Ltr

Disaronno Amaretto $100 1 Ltr

Godiva Chocolate $100 750 Ml

Grand Marnier $100 1 Ltr

Kahlua $100 1 Ltr

Rum

Bacardi Superior $80 1 Ltr

Captain Morgan $80 1 Ltr

Scotch Whiskey

J&B Rare $80 1 Ltr

Glenfiddich $100 1 Ltr

Chivas Regal $100 1 Ltr

JW Black $123 980 Ml

Tequila

Cuervo Gold $80 1 Ltr

1800 Reposado $100 750 Ml

Don Julio Reposado $120 750 Ml

Vodka

Smirnoff $80 1 Ltr

Absolut $100 1 Ltr

Absolut Citron $100 1 Ltr

Absolut Apeach $100 1 Ltr

Grey Goose $120 1 Ltr

Grey Goose L'Orange $120 1 Ltr

Grey Goose La Poire $120 1 Ltr

I have not been able to find this anywhere on the NCL website anymore. I think you would need to call to request it. I don't recall it being in the room at boarding, I think we had to call and have it delivered, too, but it has been a couple of years. Wish they had smaller bottles, or had bar set ups of the 1 ounce bottles. $100 for a liter of vodka for a one week cruise just seems like a little much to me.

I recently ordered a bottle of orange grey goose for my March cruise. It was $132.... just to give you an example of the price change since the list above was published. I do not recall the breakdown of price vs service charge. It comes with a choice of mixers and garnishes which I will need to request when I am onboard. My bottle has always been in the cabin when I arrived along with the mixers, unfortunately this time the mixers won't be there now that I have to order them once on the ship. This might be a difference between a suite and non-suite. I bring along empty flasks (one of the smuggler ones) to put any remaining alcohol in for the flight home to avoid the risk of a bottle breaking in my checked luggage. If you are in a suite call the onshore concierge. If in a non-suite then the regular NCL line can help with the bar set up order.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I recently ordered a bottle of orange grey goose for my March cruise. It was $132.... just to give you an example of the price change since the list above was published. I do not recall the breakdown of price vs service charge. It comes with a choice of mixers and garnishes which I will need to request when I am onboard. My bottle has always been in the cabin when I arrived along with the mixers, unfortunately this time the mixers won't be there now that I have to order them once on the ship. This might be a difference between a suite and non-suite. I bring along empty flasks (one of the smuggler ones) to put any remaining alcohol in for the flight home to avoid the risk of a bottle breaking in my checked luggage. If you are in a suite call the onshore concierge. If in a non-suite then the regular NCL line can help with the bar set up order.

Thanks for the info!

I recently ordered a bottle of orange grey goose for my March cruise. It was $132.... just to give you an example of the price change since the list above was published. I do not recall the breakdown of price vs service charge.
That's a relatively good deal, because the bottle price on board is $139 for super premium brands like Grey Goose L'Orange (plus 18%, so you'd pay $164 for the bottle if you purchase during the cruise :eek:).

1) you can pre-order various bottles of liquor and it will be in your cabin. I imagine bourbon would be on the list.

2) you can bring on bottles of wine, as many as you wish. Just pay a $15 "corkage" fee for each bottle

Can wine be brought on board only at embarkation or is it allowed at ports along the way?

That's a relatively good deal, because the bottle price on board is $139 for super premium brands like Grey Goose L'Orange (plus 18%, so you'd pay $164 for the bottle if you purchase during the cruise :eek:).

Yikes! Here I was thinking $132 was steep! LOL

Do you recall what it cost for a drink out of the mini bar? Just wondering which makes more sense? I'm guessing buying the larger bottle?

Sorry, I don't recall. I always have it emptied for bottles of water and beer.

Can wine be brought on board only at embarkation or is it allowed at ports along the way?

Seems to vary according to ship and/or who's on duty. But I'd plan on being able to bring wine aboard, paying the "corkage" fee, at any port.

When we booked our cruise about six months ago we were told that you could no longer bring bottles on board. Has that changed? We sail on the Epic in three weeks and I'd be more than happy to pay a corkage fee to bring wine aboard. We would love the option to sit on our balcony at night and have a nice glass (or three) of wine. :) If allowed can you bring it on embarkation or only at ports? We are first time cruisers so I appreciate our help!

When we booked our cruise about six months ago we were told that you could no longer bring bottles on board. Has that changed? We sail on the Epic in three weeks and I'd be more than happy to pay a corkage fee to bring wine aboard. We would love the option to sit on our balcony at night and have a nice glass (or three) of wine. :) If allowed can you bring it on embarkation or only at ports? We are first time cruisers so I appreciate our help!

Yes, you may bring WINE aboard, no water no sodas no other alcohol. You can bring on at ports and at embarkation with the $15 per 750 ml bottle fee.